Last league I play.

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Yes Arenanet, I love the league, finally something to do in PvP, but this is the last time I play a league if you allow extremely overpowered builds/classes that are 100% needed to win. I don’t like that “meta” classes/builds, I have no plan to play something different than my favorite builds, I was able to be competitive in PvP with my own builds for 3 years until now, I just want to enjoy the game. Bye.

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

maybe cause your build was meta those past 3 years… but meta changes … and the expansion are made to be game changing. deal with it ^^

Or u can just quit and not necesserly make a topic =D

Hope u will find a better game !

Last league I play.

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

maybe cause your build was meta those past 3 years… but meta changes … and the expansion are made to be game changing. deal with it ^^

Or u can just quit and not necesserly make a topic =D

Hope u will find a better game !

Your post is unnecessarily acid, but I will answer anyway. I only play builds I enjoy, and I never or rarely play meta, only if I think is fun to play. In a balanced or semi-balanced game, if you are good, you should be able to be competitive that way.

And meta is not synonymous of overpower. That’s why I used the “quotes”.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

well meta is by definition something that works well or for the best.

If u change /add things … ofc this will change and something meta couldn’t be meta anymore. Or something that was “fine” or “ok” could be the worst thing ever. That’s what i meant.

U seem just not loving changes and hope the game will stay as it is forever. But if u do that… ppl will start leaving so it’s the same consequences. But the duration will be different. The game will live longer this way.

U can be good but with an awful build with no synergy … that every ppl are able to easily counterplay yours… u won’t go any further… that’s what i’m trying to say… U have to adapt yourself and try different things as the things has changed.

Testing and discovering new builds that works better is a part of the game.

Last league I play.

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

If u change /add things … ofc this will change and something meta couldn’t be meta anymore. Or something that was “fine” or “ok” could be the worst thing ever. That’s what i meant.

U seem just not loving changes and hope the game will stay as it is forever. But if u do that… ppl will start leaving so it’s the same consequences. But the duration will be different. The game will live longer this way.

U can be good but with an awful build with no synergy … that every ppl are able to easily counterplay yours… u won’t go any further… that’s what i’m trying to say… U have to adapt yourself and try different things as the things has changed.

You don’t get my point. Meta should be sane, not insane. You cannot just give 10000000000 HP to necros to make them “meta” (that is an example, not really talking about necros, just in case)

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I only play builds I enjoy, and I never or rarely play meta, only if I think is fun to play. In a balanced or semi-balanced game, if you are good, you should be able to be competitive that way.

With all the traits and skills there are thousands of possible Build-Combinations. In no way can every one of them be viable and no game can be balanced for every possible Build-Combination.

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

You don’t get my point. Meta should be sane, not insane. You cannot just give 10000000000 HP to necros to make them “meta” (that is an example, not really talking about necros, just in case)

I’d let it go. He’s clearly irrational. The very best ESL Pro players in the game like Chaith and Lord Helseth have used words like “ridiculous” and “garbage” to describe the current state of sPvP in this game. ArenaNet does not treat their product with respect. They are treating it like it’s a toy.

I feel your pain and know you are in the majority not the minority.

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

I only play builds I enjoy, and I never or rarely play meta, only if I think is fun to play. In a balanced or semi-balanced game, if you are good, you should be able to be competitive that way.

With all the traits and skills there are thousands of possible Build-Combinations. In no way can every one of them be viable and no game can be balanced for every possible Build-Combination.

You will always see a meta, that’s acceptable. What’s unacceptable is the current meta which has reduced the meta to five builds (all Elite Specs of course) not only forcing the game to be all about bunker/cc fest but also forcing players to change their play style all together. People decided to play a Guardian, Mesmer, Ranger, Warrior, etc.. for a reason they loved that class. With the Elite Specs becoming OP and dominating meta, they not only had to tweak build but they had the class they loved taken from them a Chronomancer bunker plays nothing like a PU Shatter. A metitapper dragon hunter nothing like a DPS meditation Guardian, etc… In arrogance they created a balance that forces players to play something entirely different to win negating most (in some cases all) skill they had before.

There is nor expected sport or e-sport on the planet that inflicts that on the player. It’s shows a level of immaturity on the part of the game studio for not grasping what they were doing and pushing Elite Specs into ranked play so they could sell more product. In doing that they burned the integrity of their game. They sacrificed it to sell more HoT expansions.

This is beyond opinion. It’s a set of facts about cause and effect. Some people are the eternal optimist. They oppose anyone who stands up and ask for change or points out flaws. They are the ones who hold back progress. They don’t take us forward.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

Last league I play.

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

In arrogance they created a balance that forces players to play something entirely different to win negating most (in some cases all) skill they had before.

Well, I already abandoned my Warrior long ago because adrenaline decay change, today you can see no one use it in the PvP league at all.

Now I play Necro, but I still prefer the core Death Shroud because is long range, and my favorite, but ArenaNet decided to make me feel “inferior” if I prefer the core specializations, this is an overall problem, not just with Necro.

If this is not enough, we get the Revenant, in a word: Ridiculous (to not make this post larger, I have no plan to discuss about that class here, there are already posts about it)

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

You will always see a meta, that’s acceptable. What’s unacceptable is the current meta

You are absolutely right here. There are many flaws with the current meta and with the whole league system. As you say there will always be a meta. Say there will always be good and bad builds and the good will be called meta. But the OP doesn’t want to play meta, he wants to play his favorite builds. While you can blame anet for the flaws in the current system you can’t demand from them that every possible build is balanced. If you choose to play with a bad build it is not the fault of anet.

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: zemiacsik.4590

zemiacsik.4590

Current meta will be meta for at least half a year, because you need to have elite specs, so you have to have HoT, so $.

[ALE] Ring of Fire (EU)

Last league I play.

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

I tried bunker mes which is a profession I don’t know and only played a few times in PVE and won more games than professions I’ve played in 100s of pvp games. So if you don’t even need to know how to play to win the game it’s a complete joke.