Last season day is... weird?

in PvP

Posted by: Raysson.2079

Raysson.2079

I’m sorry if this probably seems like a stupid question but I really can’t wrap my mind around what’s happening today. If you don’t want to read whiny posts about rating you should better not continue now.
I’m only PvP rank 83 so not very experienced and I guess I don’t understand the mechanisms behind this very well so maybe someone with more PvP insight can help me…
I’ve started on day 3 of this season in gold at ~1400 rating and since then I’ve been doing pretty well, the matches were nice and I surprisingly didn’t have something to criticise about my team mates often (other people seemed to have more problems). I often got the appropriate top stats for my class, so I was seemingly doing well, and until recently I climbed to 1550 and mainly sticked there without losing much (till then I had around 60% win rate).

Yet today was total kittenup day for me and I lost almost every match with up to 8 or 9 in a row and now I’m just one loss away from silver again. Nearly every team I was in today seemed totally despaired, struggling to hold anything. I’ve seen like 1 good midfight today even though I was pvping the whole afternoon. Instead most of the time people found it a good idea to keep pushing far when we lost the midfight or at random occasions even though I started telling people not to push far…
I have to admit in the end I was feeling so down that I started to play badly myself but by then I was already all the way at the bottom of my div.

Can anyone explain to me what’s happening to go on such a loss streak? Were people too bad in mid-season so it was easier? Were they better and I got carried through the whole season? :/
I don’t mind losing a lot for a while but I’ve been doing well in gold for the whole season and I don’t wanna be awarded with a silver badge for that (and bad MMR for next season placement).
Maybe next time I should stop 72 hours before season end (that’s the decay timer I think?)
Did anyone have a similiar experience in the past few days?

in PvP

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

Exactly the same here..

I can honestly say I know rotations and I win pretty much anything that faces me, I know the no-steal spots and map mechanics etc. Yet I get the most useless ppl i’ve ever seen on my team, duo camping on a capped point for no reason, 2ppl pushing beast when we have 0 caps, almost every game a DC or afk at 100pts disadvantage..

Atm I’m doing 4losses/1win and it repeats every time.

It’s not fun at all and this entire season is ruined for me eversince it started.

Started late (my fault) won 9/10 placement matches got placed gold t1.. climbed to plat t3 and dropped back to gold t1 in 2days of no-life matches last 2 days of season.

GG Anet, best matchmaking, 10/10

-Sâmbuca

in PvP

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

P.S. no matter how good you are, you can’t carry a bunch of headless chickens. ever.

-Sâmbuca

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I started like you at gold 1. I got your kind of loss streak 2-3 times during the season. I did a break and climbed back up each time.

I suppose it’s too bad you learned the rule today : Never insist to at least win a game in a lose streak, have a break before the 4th loss ^^

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

This season in a nut shell. Last 300 games went well? Doesn’t matter you lost the last 7/10 therefore you’re down 2 divisions. Utterly ridiculous how much bias is in your latest games.

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I suppose it’s too bad you learned the rule today : Never insist to at least win a game in a lose streak, have a break before the 4th loss ^^

Gold rule here! I once tried to win one game in a lose streak and nearly went down to silver, after that i just stop playing after i lose 2/3 times in a row.

Edit: Also keep in mind that some people might be desparate to get the rewards/climb as much as they can before the season ends and might not be playing very well.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

won 7 out 8 games today, gotta carry ur team ;p

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

I thought this weekend was really bad. I experienced more disconnects and players with less skill in my division then during the rest of the season. It just felt hopeless, so I quit trying late Saturday as I just kept going backwards.

Edit: This was my first full season and I started in low bronze, played almost 300 games, and climbed into tier II silver.

(edited by SaltAndLight.4652)

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Well just played a game on niflhel where all 4 of my team d/ced before the game began to never return. So I spent the game teaching the other team how to get into their spawn via methods I wont mention here.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

The more I lead stats the more I loose as if I have to carry whole team.
Losing streak always comes after winning streak for me this season.
8/10 wins – 8/10 losses
Worst experience in season so far….but maybe I am at my right place….but what is is ?
Gold 2 / Silver 2 ? It seems I have a large skill level ..or that matchmaking is failing hard.

Yes, I know, when you belong to best team in the world you manage to reach legend…lol what a demonstration helseth.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

As I like to tell sometimes: Each member of the team must be strong, for his strength is his team.
If you think you carry, you are doing about 2/5 or 2.5/5 of the job. Still, you are not doing everything by yourself. I had situations when I got carried, I had matches when I somehow carried, but in the end I realised that if my team didn’t back me up or in some situations If we didn’t show up in certain encounters to help out our carry, we could lose easily.
Also one of the most cruicial things is to NOT focus on yourself and your team, but to see through enemy mistakes in rotation, to exploit them in the best way possible because this is how PvP works. It’s about how good your team is and how many mistakes the enemy comp does.
Some are better some are worse, but as long as everyone is contributing, everyone has a right to say that he or she had their fair share in winning. Carrying player is someone that a team should be grateful for, but such person cannot forget that it is the rest of the team that backs his/her sweet bottom so that everyone can win.

However if you are a potato, nobody will carry you even if they play their heart out. First, not every class is efficient at carrying. The best in doing so are those who can tank a few on them, mesmers with portals, eles and druids for heals, sometimes thieves.
Also it seems that many of those who speak in these forums seem to get 4 worse players, I highly doubt it that it is true. It would be nice to see something more besides our own “amazing” reflection and realise the mistakes we tend to do during a match.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

P.S. no matter how good you are, you can’t carry a bunch of headless chickens. ever.

Just carry me instead?

(toon name)

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Raysson.2079

Raysson.2079

Thank you for the feedback, now I can maybe come to terms with this awful day. xD

I’ll definitely keep that rule in mind on the last few days of a season at least… :P

I get that loss and win streaks happen but I never had one in the whole season so it caught me really off-guard. Yesterday I didn’t even look at my history but apparently I lost 12 out of 13 games… I suppose I should just stay away from the last season day in the future.