Last tier of ruby

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

“Ill go afk so you lose a pip, Im already diamond so I dont care” – Rifle warrior in my team as soon as he died on mid in 5 seconds of the match.

Can you please make it so diamond and ruby players never get matched in the same team? They have no hope of getting to legend so they just kitten around and give kittent all if they lose.

That first qoute is one of many times I lost to random crap like that and it gets me stuck in the last 1-2 tiers of ruby forever.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Just report him + screenshot ingame.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

LastHope.8127

Just report him + screenshot ingame.

Anet does NOTHING with reports, at all. You can see if people are online in your blocklist, they never disapear ofline.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

Had people like that before. Literally exact same wording. I just hit whatever, and you guys are ugly so I’ma afk.

Honestly you’re just as likely to get these as the enemy team is. I don’t think matching diamonds with rubys is the problem. I’ve met some really good rubys and some really bad diamonds. Just gotta keep trying your best and hope to climb.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Magicarp.5640

Magicarp.5640

The report button doesn’t do kitten . even if you block them there’s still a chance you’ll be teamed up with them in the next match.

This is the beauty of Anets PVP systems.

Go EEEEEEEEESSSSSSSPPPPPPPPUUUURTSSSSSSSSSS!

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Report and move on.
No he wont get perma ban if it is his first infraction.
He will get no kind of infraction if no one reports.
Anet will do nothing if we dont report.
#stuckonrubybyafks2016

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

LastHope.8127

Update:
Was at 2 pips till diamond, got some afkers in a row and now back at tier 5. Im giving up.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Update:
Was at 2 pips till diamond, got some afkers in a row and now back at tier 5. Im giving up.

Sorry to hear that. Was it more than just afkers?

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

LastHope.8127

Update:

Sorry to hear that. Was it more than just afkers?

Yeah 1 dc and 1 guy who tried to relog from necro to mesmer and he never showed up again. Same principle.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Yeah 1 dc and 1 guy who tried to relog from necro to mesmer and he never showed up again. Same principle.

I was curious because most people have pointed towards lower ranked soloqers getting fed to higher division teams for the sake of reducing queue times creating some egregiously bad games.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

One of the evils of tier system and associated achievements. I faced it myself and I know it hurts.

I think this happens partly because of year of ascension achievement requirement that necessitates a player to play 3 different classes and win x number of matches; because of human nature we tend to climb anything that can be climbed without thinking if climbing too fast too soon will eventually be beneficial or not.

A player who is a champion shadow or a champion legionnaire has all the reasons to believe that he/she will be able to get those achievements done using these classes. It is quite possible to achieve these at amber/emerald levels and even in sapphire but, at diamond or late ruby, playing a non-meta class is just meaningless and, most importantly, if you are not extremely good at them. And even if they are good, a team of war, thief, guard with no temp/chrono/druid in mid-high diamond will have any chance against equally or somewhat lesser skilled 2 temp, 2 chrono, druid/engi/rev team. It is happening to many people now. People rushed the divisions to get the tickets for wings or the icon indicating Diamond or Legend. And now, many of them are stuck trying to complete the meta achievements.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

(edited by velmeister.4187)

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Lemme guess, this happened after you argued or criticized them in some way, right?

Even if you do everything right, your best bet when solo queueing is to just not antagonize anyone on the team. If someone says they’re going to YOLO far, just let them and make the best rotation decision you can with the situation. Even when you politely try to give helpful advice, players will often just get defensive and at times even intentionally fail or screw you over just to spite you for doubting them.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Lemme guess, this happened after you argued or criticized them in some way, right?

Even if you do everything right, your best bet when solo queueing is to just not antagonize anyone on the team. If someone says they’re going to YOLO far, just let them and make the best rotation decision you can with the situation. Even when you politely try to give helpful advice, players will often just get defensive and at times even intentionally fail or screw you over just to spite you for doubting them.

Too true. I was once on a team with someone who went far every time he respawned. Close to the end of the game he complained he was always 2v1 or 3v1. I only pointed out that it was because he was continually going far by himself. I got cussed out for the last 2-3 minutes of the game. Given the rate at which the cusses were coming he obviously wasn’t playing much.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Too true. I was once on a team with someone who went far every time he respawned. Close to the end of the game he complained he was always 2v1 or 3v1. I only pointed out that it was because he was continually going far by himself. I got cussed out for the last 2-3 minutes of the game. Given the rate at which the cusses were coming he obviously wasn’t playing much.

Yea, a bad player YOLOing far is still better than a player that just stands around typing out defensive insults. There’s a lot of insecurity out there and it doesn’t take much to set it off. =P

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

Finally get to diamond today, ty new Matchmaking and also ty to all diamonds who play thief for achievments

Attachments:

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I’d advise you to stay at ruby and spare yourself of the joke that is diamond specially with this new kitten matchmaking. Haven’t seen poor rotations, profession understanding, map awareness like this in emerald yet they are so abundant in diamond.

GG anet

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I’d advise you to stay at ruby and spare yourself of the joke that is diamond specially with this new kitten matchmaking. Haven’t seen poor rotations, profession understanding, map awareness like this in emerald yet they are so abundant in diamond.

GG anet

Bullkitten, besides a handfull that cheated their way up ….. most diamond players or better are miles ahead of most ppl who are stuck in ruby or lower.

Its usually quite obvious when i see a ruby in my team; its typically the guy that dies non stop or the one who sticks around stomping that single guy with 3.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

^before the change to matchmaking maybe, but still was bad before. I’ve had better match ups at ruby, diamond is a hit or miss, bunker fest or people trying out warrior and thief for the achievement

So how many matches did you had with score of 500 – 200 or less specially after Monday?

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

^before the change to matchmaking maybe, but still was bad before. I’ve had better match ups at ruby, diamond is a hit or miss, bunker fest or people trying out warrior and thief for the achievement

So how many matches did you had with score of 500 – 200 or less specially after Monday?

this ^^ and legendary will be soon with our grp, also our guild come from over 1000 to top 100 now

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

GG anet

It’s not even possible to move out of the sapphire/ruby brackets, you get one pip for winning and one for losing, the skill disparity between your teammates in the games you win and the games you lose is too drastic. I even lost 1 pip for winning because someone on the other team dc’d. It’s either I get semi-decent players who can actually play as a team, or keyboard turners who keep pushing far and dying. Spent 4 hours yesterday just going back and forth between pips.

Last tier of ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper.6253

Reaper.6253

Finally get to diamond today, ty new Matchmaking and also ty to all diamonds who play thief for achievments

Lucky guy, :/

I lost 3 complete tiers in ruby the last 3 days.. (from 5 back to 2)

Don’t know whats going on since patch but i gave up now.
Only defeat- win – defeat – defeat – win – defeat..

Its frustrating…..
No chance to make any progress anymore