Late season gold = bronze?

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I went on a losing spree playing soloq druid a while ago down from plat, and now i’m destroying on thief(a supposedly harder class?). Players are like camping 3 home to stop thieves and stuff. You can solo any class.

I think gold is only hard at the start of the season, and then it becomes potato bracket.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

Wow this frikking guy.

Obviously he hasn’t felt the love of the spvp bot division ( otherwise known as silver). Try being kitten seeded by RNGesus , then having to climb out of a division where more often than not 20-60% of your team is pvp lootbots .THEN perhaps talk to me about having a bum deal.

And while we’re at it, it’s not like there’s any kind of balance for this season neither, so your claims of “skills” is highly exagerated. Especially if your “skillz” involve :
- Using pve damage scaled, instant activation traps… that happen to be as big as the cap
- Going fullpassive healbot bunker because your juice skills are balanced for pve.
- Having 3-5 different health bars to absorb damage while laying wells and marks that are as big as the cap your defending.
- Thiefing without finesse and using mostly duo pistol pew or spin-to-win 80% of the time
- And of course, it’s not like the condi is out of control neither…..

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in PvP

duster.7013

I’m not even claiming i’m good. I would like, afk at a point for several rounds and they’d consistently rotate to 3 people just sit on the point and stare at me. All I had to do was not die and the other two nodes were 4v3.

I believe this late in the season it’s very plausible people get placed into gold much easier than when the season starts. If you aren’t playing to carry I feel for you. I’d be spamming mes if I was stuck in silver.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I don’t think this is the case at all.

The way I see it, you’re either dirty bronze, manipulator legend, or somewhere in between. The in-between rank spans pretty wide and could include anyone really. There are players with 10k games sitting in T2 gold. Meanwhile, there are others with just about a hundred games and only a very basic understanding of the mechanics of their own class, almost no understanding of team rotation, the chances of player matchup outcomes, how to keep moving, nor the ability to determine where pressure is being applied. These players are sometimes found sitting in the middle of platinum.

Some are saying there’s malicious things going on in the matching algorithm. I’d argue instead that there simply isn’t an algorithm and some players may be biased for certain lineups based on unforeseen numerical mysteries in the code. It’s like you guys say, a single thief can pull 3 kitten s to far and lead them on an endless chase because those platinum players aren’t really platinum. It’s more of a question of how often you are going to get those kitten s on your team vs them ending up on the other side. It’s not very competitive. You either completely troll them, or your team gets completely trolled.

You would think that if matching were tighter and if teams were actually MMR balanced with a real algorithm —while going into a match-- that this simply wouldn’t happen. If there were kitten s in the game, there’d be equal number of them on each side. If not, it would be due to a player having the incorrect rating and the team would be rightfully effected by it. This just doesn’t seem to be happening.

(edited by SneakyTouchy.6043)

in PvP

duster.7013

All I know for sure is that actually playing matches is underrated and that winning your placements is extremely overvalued.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

All I know for sure is that actually playing matches is underrated and that winning your placements is extremely overvalued.

Wait wait wait you mean people need to play to get better? Blasphemy I paid for this game and I should win.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

You would think that if matching were tighter and if teams were actually MMR balanced with a real algorithm —while going into a match-- that this simply wouldn’t happen. .

This is false as hell. No system, no matter how sophisticated, will ever be able to avoid anomalies. And the billion dollar question is:

is the whinning on this forum representative of the way matchmaking is working or is this forum representative of the anomalies due to self selection bias (dissatisfied customers tend to express their opinions more than the satisfied ones)?

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You would think that if matching were tighter and if teams were actually MMR balanced with a real algorithm —while going into a match-- that this simply wouldn’t happen. .

This is false as hell. No system, no matter how sophisticated, will ever be able to avoid anomalies. And the billion dollar question is:

is the whinning on this forum representative of the way matchmaking is working or is this forum representative of the anomalies due to self selection bias (dissatisfied customers tend to express their opinions more than the satisfied ones)?

You are more likely to voice your opinions on the forums if you are having a negative experience. But trying to explain that to those people is like throwing hot dogs down a hallway

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Gold was always like this, regardless at what time in the season. Just saying.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

One word for you Sir. Smite!

From bronze and up rarely ever get matches that are the normal stacked and unfair. That I get in GW2. It got so bad for me, I gave up and looked elsewhere for sPvP action. And by playing that it more so pushed my theories that ANet’s MM is just handing out crap matches to some players on purposed. And freelow wins to others.

Unless yall what to go and say that the talented ANet devs. Instantly stop being talented when MM is involved. Lol I don’t think so…..

WvW solo roaming offers more entertaining PvP in a zerg v zerg environment then 5v5 sPvP does in a ranked sPvP environment.

So forgive me for wearing my tinfoil hat proudly. As it prevents me from being a victim of such nonsense.

Those are just my $0.04.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Wow some ppl get triggered really quickly,lol.

We all just need to sit down, have a drink and eat some Maple flavored bacon

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights