Laurels from PvP - a big change

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I think making laurels available from the pvp daily will increase the pvp population MASSIVELY. You can do this daily in about 20 minutes. So I would imagine that a ton of people from pve and (espicially) wvw are going to come and get their laurels in pvp for a few days each week as opposed to doing it all in pve.

I stopped playing wvw because I hate dailies and I couldnt be bothered with the whole ascended gear bs. But if I can get max gear via pvp dailies which I do anyway then that is super cool imo. I really think this change will solve the incentive to play for ALOT of players. With a ladder (albeit one which is flawed in its results) I think the whole incentive to play thing will be overcome for most people.

Is anyone else excited by this change and does anyone know if laurels are account bound or character bound?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Laurels are account bound. I’m excited for this change too since I absolutely hate the revamped daily system. I’d rather not have to travel all over the map doing random things—give me pvp where I can knock it out in 3 matches.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

They said you only get 1 laurel a day from whichever daily you do. I don’t think this will encourage people to come play PvP like how this idea was originally intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

Its cool, but wont effect population tho

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

They said you only get 1 laurel a day from whichever daily you do. I don’t think this will encourage people to come play PvP like how this idea was originally intended.

I disagree. People often have an hour to play and even if they would rather do pvp they will do their daily to get their laurel and atm they cant do it in pvp. When they can do it in pvp SOME will chose to do so. Thus the population will be expanded by this. I predict it will expand alot but you might be correct and it will only be a minor boost.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickhit.3620

Quickhit.3620

I think making laurels available from the pvp daily will increase the pvp population MASSIVELY.

Sure!!!Bring more people into pvp without TEACHING them kitten.
Why still bothering…?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

They should remove the pvp daily, and move its objectives into the normal laurel’s daily. Then, add pvp-only laurel rewards into the mix.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Sure, it will bring people into hotjoin to join the circle jerk.

Double Dutch rudders all round.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

oh yeah more pve/wvw noobs smashing buttons with their mouse all over the place in hotjoin, that’s what the game really needs.

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Yeah pvp daily is done in 5 minutes…And it is somehow embarrassing that they needed 2 month to came up with this idea. There were a lot of threads after the implementation of laurels in all pvp forums and they could easily change it within a 2 minute stealth patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Yeah pvp daily is done in 5 minutes…And it is somehow embarrassing that they needed 2 month to came up with this idea. There were a lot of threads after the implementation of laurels in all pvp forums and they could easily change it within a 2 minute stealth patch.

you can play 3 maps in 5 minutes?

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Sure, it will bring people into hotjoin to join the circle jerk.

Double Dutch rudders all round.

It is just about getting people “in the door”, and into the mists and then they can and will explore tournaments etc.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I think this is the best way to do it, actually. PvEers would have felt “obligated” to do PvP if it had gotten them a second laurel each day. PvEers don’t like to be “obligated” to PvP.

But having the option would be great. Consider hardcore WvW players—they don’t really want to complete a personal story chapter, or craft 10 items, or whatever. But they want ascended stuff. They’ll come to PvP in droves. Even some PvE players will come and give it a try when they feel like it.

Let’s just hope that at the same time they make laurels available for PvP daily achievements, they:

1) Put 2-team tournament side-by-side with hotjoin, so new people don’t think hotjoin is the main game mode. Also change the name of 2-team tournament to “ranked match.”
2) Introduce a solo-only queue even at risk of longer wait times. Removing 8-team tournaments could help a bit. Introduce random map in solo queue tournaments.

A lot of people are going to be very, very disappointed if they come to PvP and they think hotjoin is the main game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

People that do PvE/WvW exclusively are like 99% of the population, so even if only a few decide to stick around and make something of PvP it will still be a huge population increase.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

PvP daily = 3 matches. Wouldn’t change much anyway. And I doubt anyone would keep playing it. Farming events is way more profitable and feels less like a grind that PvP glory system is.
I’m r4x btw.