Leaderboard Decay Every 12 HOURS!!! PLS

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

If they implement decay every 12 hours people will have a reason to play and the matchmaking will be more balanced. Because right now people can just play 1 game every 3 days and then afk or troll on their alt account.

In the current system people are afraid to Q so they dont play and the matchmaking expands its range to lower MMR players and the games result in a blow out.

If everyone from top 50 would be online the games would be good, almost like ESL or tournament games but now its just strong Duos Q dodging each other, farming pugs at wierd hours etc..

12 hours is reasonable that requires you to play everyday, if you dont play after 12 hours you lose y rating ( maybe 10 idk) . The only way to get it back is to play. If you lose you gain your rating from decay back but you lose rating from the loss itself .

if you win same thing. You get back your rating from the decay+ the rating from the win. Basically a system that forces people to play everyday to keep the leaderboard competitive.

Also it would actually prevent massive losses of rating because it would be high rated players vs high rated players so technically they will never lose -30 or -20 because if you lose to other high rated players you might only lose -9.

Anet pls implement faster decay. 3 days is just too long and stupid. In fact if people had to play a minium amount of games everyday would be even better to keep the leaderboard fresh and competitive.

in PvP

Posted by: Scykosix.7836

Scykosix.7836

Or lets make it like every 2 hours so only people with no real life will climb the ladder isnt that a great idea?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes! Because I want be penalized for not living my life in an effing video game. /sarcasmoff

Seriously, I understand the general idea here, but some of us have lives and don’t get lucky enough to play every day. People shouldn’t have that count against them. I’m sure there are devs that don’t even play every day.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Yes! Because I want be penalized for not living my life in an effing video game. /sarcasmoff

Seriously, I understand the general idea here, but some of us have lives and don’t get lucky enough to play every day. People shouldn’t have that count against them. I’m sure there are devs that don’t even play every day.

I didn’t know League play meant casual play. But that’s ok, you can keep your pointless placement leader board position and farm easy sure wins at off hours every 3 days while people who are actually playing are getting punished for playing big time.

Oh and btw in this case. The cake is %99.9999999999 a big fat lie. Thank you k bye.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I didn’t know League play meant casual play. But that’s ok, you can keep your pointless placement leader board position and farm easy sure wins at off hours every 3 days while people who are actually playing are getting punished for playing big time.

Oh and btw in this case. The cake is %99.9999999999 a big fat lie. Thank you k bye.

Ah, and there it is.

Casual = Not Competative
Casual = Bad
Casual = No Skill

Right?

slow clap

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

that’s the problem, people don’t wanna play because this system is so good that when you lose a match in legendary you lose like x4/x6 what you gain per win, add a 50% chance to get terrible people in your team and the fact you have to be in duo every time you want to Q, then yeah people really don’t wanna play.

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

You know that’s a poor argument Reaper. The Decay isn’t meant to punish PvPers for not playing all the time, it is to prevent players from camping out at a certain rating and never playing the rest of the season. If I recall, the decay has a cap of seven days or 700 rating, of which 100 of the decay is removed per match played.

Maybe you should try asking for more matches to be played for the decay to full wear off, say maybe double the matches? So 50 decay removed per match instead?

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: Cowboy.5982

Cowboy.5982

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

dude i sleep 13 hours a day lol

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Let’s look at the effect of this suggestion…

If it’s a strict “as soon as it’s 12 hours after your last game you get decay”, then it’s problematic for anyone who isn’t an early riser and therefore goes straight to school/university/work after getting up and having breakfast and so on. Sleep plus work plus commuting plus breakfast and assorted preparations will be about an 18 hour block. So the system will not be a reflection of skill, but who has a lifestyle that allows them to play both in the morning and in the evening.

If it’s treated as a kind of reset – you have to play at least once in a 12-hour window – then it might become more tenable: people can play at least one game before the half-day reset and at least one just after the half-day reset and cover the 24-hour period that way. For instance, in my timezone, reset happens at 11am currently, so I could potentially avoid decay by playing one game before 11pm and one after 11pm each day. However, that still requires people to organise their life around the game to a significant extent, and some people might not be lucky enough to have the resets happen at a time that’s even that convenient (I believe it happens at 5pm in some parts of the US… so for people who go straight to work/school/whatever after waking, they’re not going to be able to get a game in the 5am-5pm “shift”).

Even if you extend it to 24 hours, that’s basically saying that if you take your SO out for a date in the evening or something (and even if your SO is also a gamer, you’re not going to get away with gaming EVERY night), you’re going to get decay. Even though decay is fairly quickly worked off (or so I’m told, never had it myself), this essentially means that anyone who, for whatever reason, has something else on in the final day is guaranteed not to place, simply because they were busy on one day.

There is a big difference between “casual” and “has a life outside of the game”. The current system is a decent compromise between encouraging people to play without requiring them to be obsessive.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

There should be different rates of decay like other games do it. Low tier such as gold or below no decay. Higher tier such as plat decay 48 hours and legend = 24 hours. I think it’s pretty fair you have to play to keep your top spot otherwise it’s too easy to exploit and q dodge and just keep the spot.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Somehow.4769

Somehow.4769

lel

If you play “big time” you’re just making your ranking even more accurate. This is not “being punished” there. This is going where you belong. Also, anything at least below plat (and maybe above) is casualish. You’re just trying to find excuses for your own lack of skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

They should have never let players place so high on first place so players would have to actually do matches to get to legend.

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Not really a great solution.

The solution to it is to make it difficult/impossible to place above a certain tier. I suggested a hard cap on how high you can place. Evan responded that they didn’t want to restrict the system in that manner, but that the solution they will explore is lower deviation (meaning you won’t ricochet around during placements and winning won’t skyrocket your MMR to the point that you place in a high tier).

That’s really what you’re asking for though; the incentive to make people continue to queue. If nobody placed into the highest tier in their placements, then people would queue until they reached that tier.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If they implement decay every 12 hours people will have a reason to play

Nah. Both my accounts are decaying and I really don’t care atm. Bad incentive.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast