Leaderboard % Question

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

Hello, sorry if this question is obvious/answered somewhere (I tried to find anything related) but I’m curious how the percentages work. I realize that your % rate means that you’re ranked higher than that % of people. I’m wondering how this then translates as far as the top 1000. Is there a certain % where those reside? Like is it from 98% onward?

I’m just curious as I’ve won 8 of my last 10 games and I’ve really only been soloQing since the latest change to shuffling and teams. I’ve played 29 games in the last week, and I’ve won 66% of the matches. I’m only climbing about 1% a match to 88% where I currently am. I know that MMR has a good bit to do with it, but I’ve been looking at some of the win/loss rates of those that would be somewhat near my range (800-1000ish) and I see they have a win/loss rate way worse than mine at the moment, yet I only climb about 1% per match.

Does this mean I need to hit another 12 unanswered wins to get to 100% to be on the top 1000, or does the leaderboard top 1000 itself represent a certain percentage?

Sorry if this is redundant, I’m just wondering how this actually works so I can keep working on climbing.

Edit: Thanks a lot to Lux for clearing this all up for me.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

(edited by AshinDreidon.3861)

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

The top 1000 are included in the 100%.

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Remember that the leaderboards aren’t based on a strict win/loss ratio, nor do you gain a set amount of rank per win. The reason there can be people higher than you with a worse w/l is that they had to play vs. higher-ranked opponents, especially before the patch when the higher ranks were often on the same team. For example, playing matches vs. stacked teams and winning 50% of them got a lot of people pretty high on the leaderboards.

Since the matchmaker has received a huge upgrade, the leaderboards will be reset at the end of November. If you start off with a win % similar to what you have now, you’ll find yourself very high on the new leaderboards.

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

Thanks for all the answers. Realizing that the top 1000 are included makes the motivation to get there a lot better than thinking I had to get another 12%, which would mean 12 more wins over losses.

Yeah, it makes sense that under the old system people would climb a lot faster due to the MMR of the opponent, whereas my matches have been somewhat even.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I do not understand the bords. I drop for two days not playing from 813 to 94%. Looks strange for me

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

its not always you lose ranking – other people play and win the game and they bypass you

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9810

brannigan.9810

I do not understand the bords. I drop for two days not playing from 813 to 94%. Looks strange for me

They ramped up decay as well.

(edited by brannigan.9810)

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I would say EU SoloQ leaderboard starts somewhere about 95%-96%.

Leaderboard % Question

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Once the leaderboards stabilize, under the new system it should be very difficult to rise quickly on the leaderboard. The reason is that you are assigned to a team of random players, and the win depends mostly on what these other random people do or do NOT do.

Ignore the people who say you should carry and rise in a week or two to the top, and that it has been done. You have to be a pretty amazing player at many builds (which you switch to in the beginning of a match) to carry a team that strongly.

We are so accustomed to only rising in level in MMOs we forget that a Glicko2 MMR system is designed to give you tough games where you have only a 50% chance to win.

If it were 1v1, then maybe you could win all your matches. But you have 4 other random, usually lower-level people you must depend on.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”