Leaderboard top have 25 games per day

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I am looking at the leaderboard and I see the #1 rank player has 587 games in the last 22 days. The #2 has 559.

That’s 25 or 26 games per day, on average. Probably more on the weekends and less on workdays.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Those people do not work, and do not go to school. They are either young kids/ college kids on school holiday break, or they are jobless hobo’s. If they want to sit around and PvP for 9 hours a day, so be it. Why care?

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

What’s the point of this post? Do you just want to call out players for playing too much? I don’t think anet would like that very much at all.

I see you post alot about the leaderboards….. I think you may be a little obsessed with the boards. If you understand at this point that it’s going to be about quantity and you don’t have the time for quantity yet yout feel as though you are a skilled player and deserve recognition I suggest you enter in some tournaments. I believe that’s where you will get the recognition you think you deserve….. and if you are like me and work 24s everyday there are tournaments well then you are just sol and should just have fun playing the game when you can.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Those people do not work, and do not go to school. They are either young kids/ college kids on school holiday break, or they are jobless hobo’s. If they want to sit around and PvP for 9 hours a day, so be it. Why care?

yea people like this actually exist.

I know because I am one ;_;

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

We Know Just don’t see why he cares, that’s all. He want Anet to put a daily cap on matches so that he can be higher on Lb’s maybe? Lol…can someone just lock this post? Kind of pointless.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

There’s no reason to judge people how they spend their free time. As long as it doesn’t get into the way of important matters (family, school, career, and etc). Then who really cares? If they enjoy pvp and want to do it all day, then most power to them.

There’s no shame in it.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: tamzooka.5637

tamzooka.5637

His point is this is what the new “suckerboard” rewards instead of skill.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

If people are not making problems for themselves by neglecting career, rent, relationships and their health and weight….then by all means, I think they should do whatever is enjoyable for them.

I guess I posted it because I just noticed how much time it takes to play all those games since December 16th when the leaderboard started.

in PvP

imaclown.1628

If people are not making problems for themselves by neglecting career, rent, relationships and their health and weight….then by all means, I think they should do whatever is enjoyable for them.

I guess I posted it because I just noticed how much time it takes to play all those games since December 16th when the leaderboard started.

You are paying too much attention to the leaderboard then.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Ostricheggs,

Are you basically pleased with the lifestyle? Or are there aspects that you feel you need to change? Just honestly asking. Seriously.

in PvP

imaclown.1628

Ostricheggs,

Are you basically pleased with the lifestyle? Or are there aspects that you feel you need to change? Just honestly asking. Seriously.

None of that is relevant. Some people have more free time than others, oeggs has made a decent amount of money playing this game. I’m going to hazard a guess that he enjoys it as well.

Why are you so curious?

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs,

I’m happy as a clam and I wouldn’t rather be doing anything else. I feel lucky to be able to say I’m trying to make this game my job.

It’s also worth it to note that I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t go to China and have the best trip of my life.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Thanks, OstrichEggs.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

None of that is relevant. Some people have more free time than others, oeggs has made a decent amount of money playing this game. I’m going to hazard a guess that he enjoys it as well.

Why are you so curious?

imaclown,

Actually, I am wondering why you are so adamant that this not be discussed. You seem quite judgmental about me even bringing it up.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i think the point is, as we all know, that current “leaderboards” are based on quantity and not quality lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

i think the point is, as we all know, that current “leaderboards” are based on quantity and not quality lol

This. I hope they pay careful attention to this. People DO care about leaderboards. If you’re going to have a flawed one you may as well not have one at all….

It just seems we’ve gone from one extreme to another. Before we had guys with 5 wins at the top of the leaderboards because their ranking was so volatile. Now we have a system where total games won is the only thing that matters at the end of the day. If they find a happy medium it’d be great….

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

… not to mention they added some rewards for being top 250 etc~
… just saying~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

They obviously need to adjust things a bit to avoid rewarding for quantity too much but you should be rewarded for playing more. I don’t know how you can consider yourself a serious player and not avearage around at least 5 matches a day. I am not saying every day but on average like in a week you should play 35 ranked games at least. This season has gone on for a few weeks now and you have people crying that they arent ranked that high on the leaderboard and they have lik 60-80 games played in three weeks. Simple math tells me that is 2-3 game per day. To those people I say stop being afraid to run without a full group. Stop feeling afraid to ever lose or take chances. The most active players should be rewarded. 20 games a day average is ludicrous though I agree but play the kitten game if you want to get high on the leaderboard.

in PvP

imaclown.1628

Why are you so curious?

imaclown,

Actually, I am wondering why you are so adamant that this not be discussed. You seem quite judgmental about me even bringing it up.

The only judgement I have made is that you seem to care too much about the leaderboards. But that is only because you post 1 or 3 new topics everyday with a “new” leaderboard problem.

Other than that it seemed as though you were judging other players for playing to much questioning wether it effected their job, family etc. While covering yourself with the old “just asking”

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

1, The leaderboards should encourage play just maybe not quite to this current extent. The numbers need tweaking a little.

2, If you want to try hard as a team then you need to do those tournaments where you sit around for 5 hours waiting for matches to start because people take regular breaks.

3, These people must “just play”, I doubt they wait for their “team” or for some specific OP comp before they play. That is the only way to play so much, there are many people with MANY more hours than these people who play in teams but they just never play and prefer to wait 4 hrs in the heart of the mists or duelling for their ele/engi to come online so they can play (because they are scared to lose).

So you can abuse the people playing alot for having no life. But it is bad logic.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

The only judgement I have made is that you seem to care too much about the leaderboards. But that is only because you post 1 or 3 new topics everyday with a “new” leaderboard problem.

Other than that it seemed as though you were judging other players for playing to much questioning wether it effected their job, family etc. While covering yourself with the old “just asking”

1) Look at the PvP forum and see how many new topics about the Leaderboard I have started in the past 2 weeks. (Look at the Author column).

How many was it?

2) I don’t criticize anyone for doing anything that makes them happy without hurting others, or themselves.

in PvP

imaclown.1628

1) Look at the PvP forum and see how many new topics about the Leaderboard I have started in the past 2 weeks. (Look at the Author column).

How many was it?

2) I don’t criticize anyone for doing anything that makes them happy without hurting others, or themselves.

Do I get to include your other account?

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

My second account does not appear for at least the last 6 pages. So, nope, you were way exaggerating on how much I post about the leaderboards.

in PvP

imaclown.1628

Why are you so curious?

imaclown,

The only judgement I have made is that you seem to care too much about the leaderboards. But that is only because you post 5-10 posts everyday complaining about the leaderboards

Better now?

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

No, I don’t make that many posts about leaderboards. You’ll have to count them to be more more accurate.

I am interested in the matchmaking and I enjoy discussing it. But you’d have to count those.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

They obviously need to adjust things a bit to avoid rewarding for quantity too much but you should be rewarded for playing more. I don’t know how you can consider yourself a serious player and not avearage around at least 5 matches a day. I am not saying every day but on average like in a week you should play 35 ranked games at least. This season has gone on for a few weeks now and you have people crying that they arent ranked that high on the leaderboard and they have lik 60-80 games played in three weeks. Simple math tells me that is 2-3 game per day. To those people I say stop being afraid to run without a full group. Stop feeling afraid to ever lose or take chances. The most active players should be rewarded. 20 games a day average is ludicrous though I agree but play the kitten game if you want to get high on the leaderboard.

I agree activity needs to be rewarded as well as skill in helping a team win.

I suggest that they should pick a number of weekly games that represents a “serious, active player who also needs to maintain a life outside of gaming”, and use that as a baseline factor in their calculations.

in PvP

imaclown.1628

No, I don’t make that many posts about leaderboards. You’ll have to count them to be more more accurate.

I am interested in the matchmaking and I enjoy discussing it. But you’d have to count those.

I’m not going to go through you post history but anyone whose been following these boards for the past few weeks knows what I’m talking about.

in PvP

Posted by: Pandatrice.7183

Pandatrice.7183

Ostricheggs,

I’m happy as a clam and I wouldn’t rather be doing anything else. I feel lucky to be able to say I’m trying to make this game my job.

It’s also worth it to note that I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t go to China and have the best trip of my life.

Glad to know you had a great time in China. Did you visit other cities except Beijing? What makes you feel it’s the best trip? I mean, except that you got the championship
Just curious because I’m from China…