Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Picture below….discuss.

Attachments:

Leaderboards fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: DoYourBestBear.6810

DoYourBestBear.6810

I thought once you hit rock bottom, that you can only go up. I stand corrected.

Leaderboards fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Welcome back. Apparently you’ve been gone quite a while.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

Leaderboards fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Clearly #11 NA 8-5 So pro

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

Leaderboards fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I know everyone is busy lobbying for permanent decay/number of matches per week to stay on the leaderboard, but I do think this will be mostly fixed after the reset. The extremely high rating is caused by winning against people who have an extremely high rating, such as people who sync queued their first ten matches. Then, even a loss skyrockets you back up because no one even has MMR as high as the people you beat any more.

So theoretically, even a lucky 11-0 would only get you toward the top of the new leaderboard for a short period of time. Pretty soon you’d have to queue up again, and your extremely high MMR would mean you’d get matched with lower-ranked teammates (so the average MMR of each team would come out similar).

If you can carry bads 11 games in a row and then carry more bads once a week from then on out, you deserve to be at the top.

Leaderboards fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

just looking at the played games of the majority on the leaderboard (tops), this now looks so much more legit, even it’s just been one day after update.

some detailed information about what was updated would be neat though

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Leaderboards fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This new decay system will at least make the people who were rated 6 months ago PLAY to actually keep their rank. So that is why I have seen many more people play gw2 since the patch in tournaments

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Leaderboards fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9810

brannigan.9810

Clearly #11 NA 8-5 So pro

Actually on a legit leaderboard with good matchmaking and meaningful decay winning 61% of your matches should be an extremely good mark. Eventually you should be fighting people roughly as good as yourself so how can you do much better then winning half in that kind of environment. Too many people are delusional about how the old system rewarded the better players. When we get a full leaderboard reset people will be surprised at the winning percentages when people settle in.