Leaderboards per country

Leaderboards per country

in PvP

Posted by: Edmo.7159

Edmo.7159

We do not know details about the leaderboard yet, but it would be great if I had the option to filter per country. People who have no chance to compete among the best, at least they can be among the bests of their country.

I am Brazilian and I do not know if there are any compatriot in top 100, probably not.

When the Brazilians played League of Legends on global server they do not have any chance to compete, but now we have a Brazilian server and things have changed, many guilds with sponsorship, tournaments and etc… Some GW2 guilds focused on tPvP “stopped” playing since they got their sponsorships with LoL teams.

I know it’s not fair to compare LoL with GW2 tPvP (yet), tPvP loses even for LoL Brazil in number of players, but I believe that GW2 will grow much.

To start would be nice to have this filter to generate rivalries within the country, and have that little motivation, with the amount of different countries playing, already increase the amount of players vying to be “the best of my country”.

maybe one day we can have some tournament here that the champions will go to the world championship even if we are not among the best in the world rank… because that is what is happening in LoL now, we have chances due to server! I would not like to servers divided by country in Guild Wars 2, we should play along with the rest of the world and have a global rank, but have the option to filter.

Perhaps we can have the option of channels per country in the Heart of the Mists. (I just had this idea right now). I’ve seen the responses about channels, you want to create something like a community in the server, I think it should not be that way in PvP, this works in PVE and WvW, tPVP is another game.

sorry if I said too much, but I got excited.