League Champion achiev. Bug or punishment?

in PvP

Posted by: Mroczna Siwucha.8402

Mroczna Siwucha.8402

Recently I’ve made my way to division IV and was quite surprised that I didn’t get achievement for it. There should be League Champion completed from Year of the Ascension Part III. It however is still at 2 of 3 progress. This way it effectively blocks progress with Year of the Ascension Part IV until I make it through division IV…

If it’s not a bug then it looks like anet want’s to punish all those people like me who either lack skills or time to make all meta achievs in season 1. It’s like saing “If you want to do it in season II you sure can, but please do one more division than we previously required… oh and make sure you hurry up because progress for Part IV will be blocked until you do that”.

Well I’m pretty sure that even if I somehow make it through Division IV before the end of season I won’t be able to do all Part IV achievs, and in season 3 there will be one more division to make. Isn’t that great?

So what happened that it works this way? Is it a feature?

Well anet didn’t reset our achievs from Year of the Ascension that we made in season 1. At first I thought it’s nice, in season 2 everything should go faster… but unfortunately it isn’t. It’s actually much harder, because you have to make one more division to prove that you are worth it.

Since it feels unfair, imho it would be better to reset all achievement and allow people to make it at the same difficulty level as for first time. You could not award them with achievement points for ones they already competed, but let them get next achievs in a normal way.

After all League Champion achievement says that we have to “Cross 3 league division
thresholds during PvP season” and I did just that.

What do you think?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Wrong description.

You don’t have to “cross x league divisions in a league”. You have to “cross a league division X times”.

Meaning that each division threshold crossed counts 1 point.

Because of this, if you parcicipate on every league, you just need to get to sapphire.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Mroczna Siwucha.8402

I think you should take a look at screenshot. It says: “Cross 3 league division thresholds during PvP season”. In season 1 it was enough to get to Ruby (cross thresholds from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4), in season 2 however it’s not enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I think you should take a look at screenshot. It says: “Cross 3 league division thresholds during PvP season”. In season 1 it was enough to get to Ruby (cross thresholds from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4), in season 2 however it’s not enough.

The description for the achievement is wrong. Also, the achievement was not unlocked so it would not make sense to get credit for it.

Next season this summer, you will complete that achievement by getting to emerald.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in PvP

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

If it’s not a bug then it looks like anet want’s to punish all those people like me who either lack skills or time to make all meta achievs in season 1. It’s like saing “If you want to do it in season II you sure can, but please do one more division than we previously required… oh and make sure you hurry up because progress for Part IV will be blocked until you do that”.

Well I’m pretty sure that even if I somehow make it through Division IV before the end of season I won’t be able to do all Part IV achievs, and in season 3 there will be one more division to make. Isn’t that great?

So what happened that it works this way? Is it a feature?

After all League Champion achievement says that we have to “Cross 3 league division
thresholds during PvP season” and I did just that.

What do you think?

It’s neither a bug nor is it a punishment. For “Year 1” for example, you have to cross 1 league division to complete that respective achievement. Then, for “Year 2”, you have to cross 2 more. Then 3 more. Then 4 more. It is NOT 4 total. It is 10 total.

What this means is that, say, if you get to diamond this season, you will have completed the Year 3 divisions achievement. Then and only then will you unlock the Year 4 divisions achievement, which will require you to cross 4 more division thresholds.

Unless you plan on getting to Prestige 4 Legendary this season, you will have to wait until next season to complete the Year 4 divisions. To satisfy those requirements, you will need to get to diamond both this season and next season. Or, if you stay ruby this season, you will need to get to legendary next season.

in PvP

Mroczna Siwucha.8402

The description for the achievement is wrong. Also, the achievement was not unlocked so it would not make sense to get credit for it.

Next season this summer, you will complete that achievement by getting to emerald.

I’m afraid description is correct, but the way it works is just wrong. Let me put it this way:
- in season 1 you had to get to Ruby to get this achiev
- if you did nothing in season 1, then in season 2 you still have to get to ruby only
- if however you actually did something (like me) and got to sapphire (completed Part I and Part II meta achievs) you will have to get to diamond
- you can calculate further

Conclusion: win it all first time or do nothing, otherwise you will have to do much more (and the more you achieve in current season, then more you will have to do in next one). And it’s all just because anet didn’t reset achievs when they had reset divisions.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The achievements are set up.in such a way that most people will have to play every season to complete the meta, even if it takes 15 achievements to get the 11 needed as the 3 profession achievement don’t count on there own.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Mroczna Siwucha.8402

It’s neither a bug nor is it a punishment. For “Year 1” for example, you have to cross 1 league division to complete that respective achievement. Then, for “Year 2”, you have to cross 2 more. Then 3 more. Then 4 more. It is NOT 4 total. It is 10 total.

If what you suggest is true, then no one would have legendary wings (The Ascension) in season 1 and I’m pretty sure I saw someone with them back then.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

I’m afraid description is correct, but the way it works is just wrong. Let me put it this way:
- in season 1 you had to get to Ruby to get this achiev
- if you did nothing in season 1, then in season 2 you still have to get to ruby only
- if however you actually did something (like me) and got to sapphire (completed Part I and Part II meta achievs) you will have to get to diamond
- you can calculate further

Conclusion: win it all first time or do nothing, otherwise you will have to do much more (and the more you achieve in current season, then more you will have to do in next one). And it’s all just because anet didn’t reset achievs when they had reset divisions.

Actually it’s not as specified by Anet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vocj9/psa_the_pvp_legendary_backpack_does_not_require/cxqgqbv

I guess you’d also say that the daily participation achievements are not functioning correctly either? They all say the exact same thing after all. Never mind the text that shows what the prerequisite is for the achievement to become unlocked and progression to this be enabled for it.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

If what you suggest is true, then no one would have legendary wings (The Ascension) in season 1 and I’m pretty sure I saw someone with them back then.

The only limitation for season 1 was the daily participation. There just wasn’t enough days to complete it. They could have completed the league division achievements within a season as I believe that each time you complete the legend division, it counts towards the achievement.

in PvP

Mroczna Siwucha.8402

The only limitation for season 1 was the daily participation. There just wasn’t enough days to complete it. They could have completed the league division achievements within a season as I believe that each time you complete the legend division, it counts towards the achievement.

OK, I’ve checked the wiki and you are right, it requires 60 days of participation. Then I think I just saw it when someone linked skin link in map chat.

I just read anet comment on reddit you linked but it doesn’t say anything new about earning this achiev. It just says about achievements reset and total time spend on it:

None of achievements reset between seasons. The current achievements do need to be completed in a year. However, the current achievements can be progressed throughout the entire year and do not reset.

As for dailies I think they are described clearly:

Increments each day after playing in 3 ranked matches.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

OK, I’ve checked the wiki and you are right, it requires 60 days of participation. Then I think I just saw it when someone linked skin link in map chat.

I just read anet comment on reddit you linked but it doesn’t say anything new about earning this achiev. It just says about achievements reset and total time spend on it:

None of achievements reset between seasons. The current achievements do need to be completed in a year. However, the current achievements can be progressed throughout the entire year and do not reset.

As for dailies I think they are described clearly:

Increments each day after playing in 3 ranked matches.

I brought up the daily requirements because the descriptions between all four of the requirements are the same just like for the division progression set. The only difference being with the title signifying that they are separate achievements.

The part of Anet’s post that I was referencing was that progression on achievements does not reset between seasons. I may have been misleading in my post so sorry about that. If you look at the description of the locked achievements, you will see pre-requisites needed to unlock them. Most are tied to the previous part’s meta achievement. If you look at the part 4 division achievement, you should see that you must complete the part 3 one in order to unlock it.

It wouldn’t make sense if someone can complete four achievements altogether like that just like it wouldn’t make sense to be able to complete all four achievements for the daily participation after 15 days. Between that and the pre-requisites given on the achievement panel, there was enough information to conclude that you definitely needed to cross more than 4 divisions to complete all of those achievements.

in PvP

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

What I said is true, and no, you did not. Nobody had the completed legendary until this season. Feel free to look that up on your own. It takes a minimum of 60 days to get it and the first season did not last that long.

in PvP

Mroczna Siwucha.8402

It wouldn’t make sense if someone can complete four achievements altogether like that just like it wouldn’t make sense to be able to complete all four achievements for the daily participation after 15 days. Between that and the pre-requisites given on the achievement panel, there was enough information to conclude that you definitely needed to cross more than 4 divisions to complete all of those achievements.

Yes I agree with general idea of long term achiev, but time limiting achievs are only the ones from daily. There is only time for two of them during season, so you need at least 2 seasons to do it all. The way League Champion achiev is working makes it much harder to do though. And that’s the whole idea of this topic. Now, if I won’t finish division IV first, I cannot do part IV achievs – even though there is time for it.

It’s just against description that’s all. I assume that anet wants people to play it for whole year and don’t mind that. I would just prefer to be able to do achievs I want without waiting for next season or getting mad in division IV

in PvP

Mroczna Siwucha.8402

What I said is true, and no, you did not. Nobody had the completed legendary until this season. Feel free to look that up on your own. It takes a minimum of 60 days to get it and the first season did not last that long.

Yes, my bad. I had already admitted that in other post.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

Yes I agree with general idea of long term achiev, but time limiting achievs are only the ones from daily. There is only time for two of them during season, so you need at least 2 seasons to do it all. The way League Champion achiev is working makes it much harder to do though. And that’s the whole idea of this topic. Now, if I won’t finish division IV first, I cannot do part IV achievs – even though there is time for it.

It’s just against description that’s all. I assume that anet wants people to play it for whole year and don’t mind that. I would just prefer to be able to do achievs I want without waiting for next season or getting mad in division IV

Yes. The only achievements that are time-gated are those that have to do with participation. No matter how often you playing in any give day, it will not progress by more than 1 which you got for playing in three matches. You can actually complete three of them as seasons last more than 45 days.

Yes, it will be harder but it’s really no different than if you were prevented by the daily participation achievement. At least you you’re not gated by time when it comes to division progression. If you play every season, and reach ruby each time, you’ll have an excess of two completed divisions. This gives you flexibility in that you can spend the first two seasons by getting to ruby and can slack the last two seasons by getting sapphire.