Leagues and Ladders

Leagues and Ladders

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

I’m surprised no one has mentioned this before, but are the new pvp ladders going to use the same mmr system. Aka reach rank X then afk for a couple months until the season ends to play 1 game and be rank 1 and reap the rewards. Hope you guys thought about this and the rage within the community…..

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

Leagues and Ladders

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

I think removing the cosmetic decay would be the best, cus im rank 500 in solo q but if i play 1 game ill magically go back to top 50, but that top 50 might not even be top 100 depending on how many people decayed. Actually knowing where I am would be nice whenever the new ladders come out. Also, the placement matches award far too many points, I went 32-3 one weekend in teamq and went from 500 to 230 because almost all of the matches were stomps, my friend joined us for the last 6 wins and he had not played any tpvp since the reset and jumped to top 100.

The excessive amount of points for placement wins would make sense if this was LoL and there were > a million players but when there are maybe 2k active (play >1 match a month) players the only way to pass the people that got the placement bonus while you lost a single match is for them to lose to you or to have a 90% winrate vs the noobs.

Leagues and Ladders

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think during the previous ladder discussion, it was pretty clear that the leaderboards are broken. Hopefully ANET is working on a new system.