Leagues were suppose to be for Guild Teams

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Let’s not forget that being able to create a guild pvp team is a new feature in HoT added for League play! When ArenaNet originally talked about Leagues it was all about Guild Teams and the initial information was that Leagues would be exclusive to Guild Team play… That would have made a lot of sense and solved the problems. Instead someone decided to allow soloQ players to enter the League play waters, polluting the lower divisions.

Ultimately, the decision to allow soloQ players to enter League ranked play was a horrible, incompetent decision. Ultimately it is 100% on ArenaNet as they shouldn’t have implemented it this was and with all the outcry they still have taken no action. They could do many things such as 1.) Require League play be for guild teams only 2.) Take ranked play off-line entirely until they can add a proper solo queue.

The game studio has options at it’s disposal if they wanted to pursue them. The bottom line is they don’t see their system as a problem. They think there is nothing wrong with mixing solo and premades into a single queue. They disregard that no other respected e-sport does it this way. As usual, it seems with ArenaNet they will do it their way and you either like it or leave it.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Rather someone was stupid enough to mix Leagues and GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

Let’s not forget that being able to create a guild pvp team is a new feature in HoT added for League play! When ArenaNet originally talked about Leagues it was all about Guild Teams and the initial information was that Leagues would be exclusive to Guild Team play… That would have made a lot of sense and solved the problems. Instead someone decided to allow soloQ players to enter the League play waters, polluting the lower divisions.

The waters were polluted long before when Anet removed SoloQ and tPvP.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

They should just disallow people to queue solo then.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

3. They could make a separate Leagues for SoloQ’ers only, an exact copy except for those ESL stages. Just like before we had Solo and Team Arena (Leaderboard).

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

3. They could make a separate Leagues for SoloQ’ers only, an exact copy except for those ESL stages. Just like before we had Solo and Team Arena (Leaderboard).

Which would result in the game being pure soloQ, because there are not enough teams in existence to population a team queue, which leads to long queue times, which invariably results the teams quitting, and thus alienating players that enjoy social PvP.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Which would result in the game being pure soloQ, because there are not enough teams in existence to population a team queue, which leads to long queue times, which invariably results the teams quitting, and thus alienating players that enjoy social PvP.

Well then, it’s up to them to find something about that. Make rewards higher for team-queue etc etc.. Not really hard to solve that issue.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Because putting teams against solo queuers is the best way to promote team creation? Are you not aware that most of the better teams were created during the glory days of solo queue where people enjoyed the game? Oh wait you haven’t played the game back then, my mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

Well then, it’s up to them to find something about that. Make rewards higher for team-queue etc etc.. Not really hard to solve that issue.

Thats a great idea. Higher reward track/rank points. I would like to see more players forming teams. Like gw1.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Because putting teams against solo queuers is the best way to promote team creation? Are you not aware that most of the better teams were created during the glory days of solo queue where people enjoyed the game? Oh wait you haven’t played the game back then, my mistake.

Of course the better teams where from that era, team queue is a haven for dominant teams, but it’s kitten for new/mid level teams because the population is going to be too small for the new/mid level teams to get even match ups, resulting in farming which leads to the new teams getting discouraged and usually quitting.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Of course the better teams where from that era, team queue is a haven for dominant teams, but it’s kitten for new/mid level teams because the population is going to be too small for the new/mid level teams to get even match ups, resulting in farming which leads to the new teams getting discouraged and usually quitting.

And you think they aren’t getting discouraged now?
If they lose… people say they are kitten because they lose to soloQ.
If they win… people say they are kitten because they have to run full roster vs soloQ to win.

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

You will be assimilated))

in PvP

Posted by: bud.9246

bud.9246

I hope you know your sentiment is incredibly laughable here. Basically, “I will only tolerate waiting for a good match if I get to stomp some newbs in the by and by.”

Talk about a sense of entitlement…

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I love how people are pretending that Team Q would be populated if solo queuers were allowed to avoid premades.

I hope you know your sentiment is incredibly laughable here. Basically, “I will only tolerate waiting for a good match if I get to stomp some newbs in the by and by.”

Talk about a sense of entitlement…

He’s not wrong.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

OP I think you give Arenanet too much credit. I personally don’t think they have an agenda but that their company is an enormous bureaucratic mess.

But for the sake of argument let’s assume that the intent of this league system was to get people to make new teams. It’s still a failure. Putting solo players against teams doesn’t really create solid teams. The teams will find success with tactics that simply won’t work against another coordinated team.

Ultimately this approach just alienates a lot of solo players and gives teams an artificial sense of skill level that will go away the instant they face any of the real pro teams. They’re setting these people up for failure by not giving them an environment to consistently test themselves as a team against other serious teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I’m just suspecting that ArenaNet is not anything near the company it was a year ago. People have left and new, perhaps inexperienced people have come in with new agendas.

Ultimately the manegement want to make as much money as they can till the game fizzles out because it is at the end of its life cycle as an MMO. I suspect heart of thorns may likely be the last expansion and is kind of an end stage play at ArenaNet.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

Anet forces the player into premades. They hope players will create groups to get a bigger team pool (not the 3-4 team now).

But i think the majority of players – although they love to play pvp – doesn´t want to play in premades so Anet will lose here.

I think a lot of people don´t have enough time to form a premade (anyone online? takes a while) an play with them over 2-3 hours (one day a week? two? three? everyday????)

U can see all those pro players who stream on twitch and youtube. There are some who play straight 6-9 hours. U wanna play solid in Diamond/Legendary? Play 6-9 hours a day.

I remember my student years as i played other mmorpg 12 hours a day with my premade and was really good there. We played at 10 am , 2 pm , 10 pm , 4 am and so on. Don´t bother time as we loved to play.

But in all honesty, how many people can do this if they aren´t students or something like this?

in PvP

Posted by: Hypnosis.1364

Hypnosis.1364

Anet forces the player into premades. They hope players will create groups to get a bigger team pool (not the 3-4 team now).

But i think the majority of players – although they love to play pvp – doesn´t want to play in premades so Anet will lose here.

I think a lot of people don´t have enough time to form a premade (anyone online? takes a while) an play with them over 2-3 hours (one day a week? two? three? everyday????)

U can see all those pro players who stream on twitch and youtube. There are some who play straight 6-9 hours. U wanna play solid in Diamond/Legendary? Play 6-9 hours a day.

I remember my student years as i played other mmorpg 12 hours a day with my premade and was really good there. We played at 10 am , 2 pm , 10 pm , 4 am and so on. Don´t bother time as we loved to play.

But in all honesty, how many people can do this if they aren´t students or something like this?

What if ANET adopts GW1 system and the winning (pug/soloers) team stays the same for the next match till lose?

in PvP

Cuchulainn.7421

What if ANET adopts GW1 system and the winning (pug/soloers) team stays the same for the next match till lose?

Nice idea, i would support this if it´s a possible option. Click a button with “Do u want the same team if u win?” Yea,No and so on

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Long time ago, there were Solo Q and team Q. They removed it cause Q time was awful and it didn’t work as well . So u won’t see SOlo Q again… unless the reasons they deleted aren’t still an issue but let me doubt about this.

Now stop asking for solo Q … u won’t have that back anyway. Try to ask why they removed it and why they can’t do it again.

in PvP

Cuchulainn.7421

They don´t have to split it. Just stay in the same team if u win and if u want to stay.

U can nevertheless leave whenever u want after the match but u know that u play with others that have the potential and want/are motivated to win a match and not sabotage? it ..

This can really push u

in PvP

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

In GW1 you didn’t have to que with a full team. Instead, you could fill in the missing spots with mercanaries (npcs) that would take the empty team spot.

I guess solo q players has filled the GW1 role of mercanary npc teammates huehuehuheuhuehuehuehuehe

Good one Anet

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in PvP

Posted by: Cyrotek.7019

Cyrotek.7019

Iam one of the solo players who “pollute” your precious pvp. And I have to tell you: Imagine how long you would have to wait for a match if it wasn’t for this “pollution”.

Long time ago, there were Solo Q and team Q. They removed it cause Q time was awful and it didn’t work as well . So u won’t see SOlo Q again… unless the reasons they deleted aren’t still an issue but let me doubt about this.

Now stop asking for solo Q … u won’t have that back anyway. Try to ask why they removed it and why they can’t do it again.

So they are forcing players again into modes they do not want to play? Where is the point? If too few people want to play as premade … well, kitten happens. And now get my solo Q back. Who cares about those premade lamers?

(edited by Cyrotek.7019)

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

I can’t count the number of PvP titles that have soloQ and Team queue (see every respected MOBA out there). The queue times were that long then that’s still on ArenaNet to address. Give players something to do while they wait. Lock soloQ out altogether if there truly aren’t enough and make PvP all about premade team (which it is anyway).

To mix solo queue vs team queue is to pollute your own. It shows the overall mentality of ArenaNet towards integrity, they want to make sure every kid gets a chance to get a ride vs treating sPvP with respect and integrity as e-sport demands. As soon as they decided to make it so the League system leads to Guild Challenger League which eventually will lead to face off with ESL Pro for real $$$, the sPvP should have been smart enough to change this.

The game isn’t Disneyland. We aren’t little children waiting for a ride. Build a system with integrity god kitten. The talent in house isn’t experienced or smart enough to take sPvP in GW2 to where their ambitions have led them. The result is what we are seeing now, complete meltdown.

How about those Twitch numbers.