Learn to rotate from Top Players*STARTING NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

I am Backpack. I play in the competitive scene on North America and have been extremely successful in the Tournaments I have played in. This last weekend I got to see a lot of new teams compete and do well. However when watching them I saw a LOT of mistakes in rotations and decision making. While mechanical skill is hard to learn and just takes practice, Rotations can be learned quite easily (obviously practice is also needed).
So without further blabber, I would like to introduce a “learning” arena. Similar to inhouse 5v5s, this custom arena will be hosting 5v5s between players. The players will use voice coms and will try to build a somewhat reasonable comp. I will try to get a variety of top tier players to watch the games as well as sit in the teamspeaks that are being used. They will give a variety of tips, tricks, and corrections to the players after each game.
You do not need a team, but if you would like your entire team to play, we can arrange that as well.
I hope to do this every weekend on Saturday evening.

First Date: November 8th —- 8pm CST

If you would like to signup please respond below here or message me in game (Mike.4830).

All the comments and critiques will be positive, trash talk and negative comments will not be tolerated.

Thanks! Backpack

THE DREAM: Players are able to transfer knowledge in order to create a fun learning environment. At some point the goal would be, players that participate could potentially make teams together, or teams looking for a 5th, could scout out these games to find one.

Edit: if not enough sign up, we will practice 2v2s and 3v3s

Current roster 8/10
Brigg.6189
Nabbo.2845
Anhomedog.7968
Zethyrius.8692
Chopps.5047
Siroso.2769
Swish.2463
Raiole.4267

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

(edited by Mike.4830)

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Put me in, coach.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

bekpek me2
15chars

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Be wary of what he says considering last night, we were having a good time tpvp pugging, decided to pick up backpack. He went on his alt and promptly threw the game by going on a Mortor engi and then running to the enemy team and actually telling them what points we had open and asking the opposing team to take them. If anyone is looking for engineer advice remember there are a lot trolly options like five gauge, or ostrich, or reevzy.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Mike.4830

Current roster 3 /10
Brigg.6189
Nabbo.2845
Anhomedog.7968

Backpack God

(edited by Mike.4830)

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

Be wary of what he says considering last night, we were having a good time tpvp pugging, decided to pick up backpack. He went on his alt and promptly threw the game by going on a Mortor engi and then running to the enemy team and actually telling them what points we had open and asking the opposing team to take them. If anyone is looking for engineer advice remember there are a lot trolly options like five gauge, or ostrich, or reevzy.

I could not help it that we lost. That team played very well.

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Only read title so I assume you want to be coached, there are plenty of good players (eu) available. Feel free to contact one and keep practicing! One day you might be able to reach your goals, but props for trying actively mate!

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Good luck in your quest Backpack, hope you find the right coach.

in PvP

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Just wanted to show some support and let you know I’m interested but I’m too busy with work/school to commit right now. If some things shift around, I’ll come here first to try and learn some new things. Thanks for helping GW2 pvp grow!

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

I may have to stop in… been wanting to be in a serious team for a good amount of time now, although recently I haven’t been good with getting on, but you can put me on the list just no promises ill be able to make it.

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Zethyrius.8692

Zethyrius.8692

Sign me up. I’d say it’s more likely than not that I’ll be able to attend, but it’s not certain.
AFAIK I’m not horrible at rotations (esp after your video), but I have no experience with “good” teams so communication is often a barrier to rotation for me (and laziness in easy/too difficult games).

The helpfulness of the community really seems to be growing lately.

in PvP

Mike.4830

Update
Current roster 5/10
Brigg.6189
Nabbo.2845
Anhomedog.7968
Zethyrius.8692
Chopps.5047

Backpack God

in PvP

Posted by: Siroso.2769

Siroso.2769

I’d love to sign up – I don’t have a regular team at the moment, but hopefully can make whatever meetings there are.

Sounds like fun!

<— Broskies /Lulzranger

in PvP

Mike.4830

Yea the whole point of this is for players who want to improve but don’t have a team. We will be doing 5v5s in custom arenas and teams will be made randomly. If we have less than ten people, il have some top players come in as subs, if more than ten people show up, we can rotate people in so everyone gets a chance to play some games at a higher level than them normally get to.

reminder: this will start this SATURDAY AT 8PM CST
I will whisper everyone that has asked to sign up (updated list in original post)

Backpack God

(edited by Mike.4830)

in PvP

Mike.4830

Roster Update:
Current roster 8/10
Brigg.6189
Nabbo.2845
Anhomedog.7968
Zethyrius.8692
Chopps.5047
Siroso.2769
Swish.2463
Raiole.4267

Backpack God

in PvP

Mike.4830

POSTPONED !!!!! SORRY
I need to sub in for Abjureds scrim practice… Them winning china is top priority

Backpack God

in PvP

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

When this is open again i’m interested.

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

“Learn to rotate and play from Top Players”

Does this mean youre moving to EU backpack? :o

in PvP

Posted by: Dawes.2378

Dawes.2378

Sign me up for this! This sounds fantastic, major props to you for organizing something to help the PvP community.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

grab my kitten please sexy

lighter.5631

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Wait, so you are saying that the OP threw the game, by working FOR the enemy instead of his team?

hmmm….I’ll need to see more evidence before I take him up on his offer. While it does seem like a good idea, I would be hesitant to work with such a troll…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Mike.4830

STARTING NOW (7:11 CST) WHISPER ME INGAME TO PLAY (Backpack God)

Backpack God

in PvP

Posted by: Dawes.2378

Dawes.2378

Assuming it went along as planned, how did it go? Enough people show up to get it going?

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

If you’re doing this again this weekend (11/22) I would be interested in participating.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

The event only lasted for 1 match and half of the people left.
i wished it could have been longer.

in PvP

Posted by: tyinkz.7813

tyinkz.7813

sad that it is na only

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Why is your name Backpack? Also, are you a sports backpack, or like a school backpack? Anyway GL to all the players learning stuff, dont forget to put your lunch in your backpack!

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in PvP

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

I think people are simply playing for fun.. a lot of the time that’s ‘fights’. Sadly the game is about zone control, not fights, but what is fun, is fights.

Need to ensure we are not confusing people’s inability to comprehend extremely simple routines (which is what rotations are, they are simple and obvious), with enjoying smashing folks in the face a lot.

Tiger

in PvP

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Sweet thanks for offering in doing things like this

I got a team that is willing to improve and I’m sure they’ll love to learn more about this rotations, they’re willing to participate if/when you do this again.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice