Least Raged on Professions?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Was going through the mesmer forum – there’s a lively debate on PU (of course). It’s often said that people rage whenever they lose, but this isn’t always true.

So here are my least raged on professions – when if I lose, I simply go “Ok yeah, they outplayed me” or “They direct countered my build”.

1. Necros (hands down least raged on I think). Possible exceptions: Lich, MM
2. Guardian (pretty honest play). Possible exception: Insta burn bombs these days

What about you? Which professions do you not feel bad about losing to?

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Warrior, Engie and Necromancer

This is off-topic but I was browsing through subforums and found the necromancer’s to be very supportive and one of the least toxic. Kinda ironic for a class that’s supposed to be dark and evil. I have lots of respect for necros because we’ve been in a drought (lack of OPness) for far too long.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Warrior, Engie and Necromancer

This is off-topic but I was browsing through subforums and found the necromancer’s to be very supportive and one of the least toxic. Kinda ironic for a class that’s supposed to be dark and evil. I have lots of respect for necros because we’ve been in a drought (lack of OPness) for far too long.

I think recently the build defining quality of warriors was immunity – zerk stance, double endure pain, rampage (as good as immune and soft CC reduced by 33%). Not to mention constant stun lock. So, warriors have gotten quite a bit of “unfair feeling” recently.

Engis…again….the things that might kitten people off is constant CC, double Elixir S, stealth, and moa.

As far as necros go, yeah completely agree. Really very little to rage about. This doesn’t mean they have bad damage or defense – far from it. It’s just that their mechanics don’t seem to inspire any rage.

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

Engies cant attack on elixir S and their CC do little damage now. Most run soldiers ammy on intelligence sigil and as long as you evade the timed hard hitting attacks, you should be able to get them down faster.

It seems to me that the sustainability of rampage warriors today is but a mere shadow of the old celestial shoutbow. They can be a tough challenge on a necro yet barely touch a fresh air ele. Relative to other classes, I think warriors are slightly underpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

LOL

I like runnign my engi full glass burn build. yea, I die a lot, its as +1 build as +1 can possibly get, even more so then any thief cause only a fraction of the stealth, but when I get a successful set-up and a full unload on someone….

Them whispers I get ….. LOL just LOL makes me laugh every single time.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

That’s one of the engie builds I run. I’d stealth to get close enough for pistol 4, incendiary ammo, incendiary powder proc, pistol 5, FT 4, throw wrench then run far far away if they’re still alive and have cleansed.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

That’s one of the engie builds I run. I’d stealth to get close enough for pistol 4, incendiary ammo, incendiary powder proc, pistol 5, FT 4, throw wrench then run far far away if they’re still alive and have cleansed.

Yup, It’s a one trick pony build and they shouldn’t feel bad if they lost to you 1v1 considering how easy it is to counter you. Lol, smart that you’re prepared to run away because after they’ve cleansed your entire combo, you’re left with nothing.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Warrior & Necro = no bullkitten, simply outplays
Unless kitten lich/rampage ofc

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Necro: Not really any invuln at X health auto proc stuff. Generally always counterplay to nearly everything they do.

Mesmer: Outside of the mantra of distraction mirror blade mind wrack build you generally were outplayed through kiting.

SD thief: same as above, you were most likely outplayed as they don’t get a free lunch anymore.

Non cele arcana water ele: speaks for itself, they’re taking risks.

Though I generally won’t rage even if it’s a celementalist or condition engineer spamming condi. But if I had to pick a profession as a whole it’s necro just because they don’t really get it easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Mesmer: Outside of the mantra of distraction mirror blade mind wrack build you generally were outplayed through kiting.

You forgot one of the most hated builds for Mesmer and probably the whole game as well.

in PvP

apharma.3741

You forgot one of the most hated builds for Mesmer and probably the whole game as well.

You mean the condi PU build that you can beat with 0 cleanses by dodging the only 2 threatening attacks?

I am way more fearful of all burst builds than PU condi Mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

You mean the condi PU build that you can beat with 0 cleanses by dodging the only 2 threatening attacks?

No1 can beat it with 0 cleanses, please.
The Condi PU mesmers you fought must’ve been AFK.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

PU allows bad players to be more of a threat than they should be. On top of being able to reset a fight when they feel like it they’re just unfun to fight. The times where I’ve nailed bursts on a PU Mes just to have them go poof and reappear as a speck on the horizon are numerous. Sure, it’s technically a win if they flee, but it’s infuriating nonetheless. And regardless of whether you win or not the fight will take ages unless the player is a mentally challenged drunk. PU is definitely one of the most hated builds and for good reason. Encountering one is like waking up in the morning and remembering that you have a 10h work shift that day.

in PvP

apharma.3741

Dodge Confusing images and it’s so well telegraphed you have to be afk to not dodge it.

Dodge shatters, mainly Cry of Frustration as those are what really stack the torment and confusion.

Don’t be too aggressive and trigger Illusionary Counter which is easy to see on anyone who isn’t an Asura. I will admit though it’s hard to see on Asura and I hate people who use smallest Asura to mask animations whatever class.

Anything else they can throw at you would be less than any power build auto attack by a considerable margin. You can also kite shatters by jumping onto things. Just don’t sit in the middle of a few illusions and you’ll be fine. Throw down the counter burst after they use illusionary counter.

If you avoid the 3 things above (note: only 2 you need to dodge) your heal will out heal anything they do.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Dodge Confusing images and it’s so well telegraphed you have to be afk to not dodge it.

Dodge shatters, mainly Cry of Frustration as those are what really stack the torment and confusion.

Don’t be too aggressive and trigger Illusionary Counter which is easy to see on anyone who isn’t an Asura. I will admit though it’s hard to see on Asura and I hate people who use smallest Asura to mask animations whatever class.

Anything else they can throw at you would be less than any power build auto attack by a considerable margin. You can also kite shatters by jumping onto things. Just don’t sit in the middle of a few illusions and you’ll be fine. Throw down the counter burst after they use illusionary counter.

If you avoid the 3 things above (note: only 2 you need to dodge) your heal will out heal anything they do.

It doesn’t matter because they can still stealth and run away. And that’s pretty rage inducing – hence the title of the thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

For myself I hate fighting PU Mesmers the most. As mentioned, it’s mainly because the stealth and mobility, denying me the satisfaction of killing them. Outside of that, the only other fights that bother me are Necromancers and Warriors that Lich/Rampage on me in a 1v1 or even worse, when they outnumber me and pop that elite. Especially if I’m doing pretty good in an outnumbered fight.

As for least raged on, the Necro of course. Every other class has a good cheese build they can run that induces rage, but Necros are pretty straight forward.

Heck, as a nade/bomb condi Engi I get raged on alot by thieves because apparently my build is total noob cheese, despite the fact they had every intention of hitting me for 10k from stealth and hiding and repeating the process till they win, and running away the second they feel they’re in danger.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Was going through the mesmer forum – there’s a lively debate on PU (of course). It’s often said that people rage whenever they lose, but this isn’t always true.

So here are my least raged on professions – when if I lose, I simply go “Ok yeah, they outplayed me” or “They direct countered my build”.

2. Guardian (pretty honest play). Possible exception: Insta burn bombs these days

when i go burn guard for trolling ppl there is NO match where i don’t get rage and tears

but they kinda right tho since burn guardian is a totally 0 skill spec exploiting nonsense burning…i can’t really blame them, i sometimes feel bad looking at shatter mesmers running around with 8 stacks of burning while they can’t do absolutely nothing to save themselves

I usually agree with people who say i’m running a reterded spec…unless they’re celestial eles..eles have no right to qq bout anything

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

abc.5790

thief raged coz he couldn’t kill the glassy reterded rampager (ammy) spec I was running

Attachments:

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

(edited by abc.5790)

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I have had the complete opposite. In General the Necromancers I have witnessed+met have been people who are toxic, and unagreeable.

In fact even if you legitimately can justify a nerf they need in some area they will blindly defend it and act like a difficult past (if you can even call it that) justifies any OP-ness in the future. Which it doesn’t.

The profession I feel least angry about losing to? The profession I am also playing at the time, because that genuinely must mean I got outplayed/out thought.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

As a guardian with mace/shield, id loose to anything range and mobility (everyone excep guards and some necros), if i aint using medi guard i shall be prepared to loose.

Just to think i could face DD eles before patch and stall most combats on camps, and now i cant do nothing no matter the combos i try with that weapon set.. Ç_Ç,

By the other hand on my engie combat has become much easier, reason i moving it to main.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I find the number saying Necro interesting. In game I find them to be pretty obnoxious. Any sort of condi build is basically useless vs a Cele Signet Necro. As soon as you lay on some conditions they get sent back if the Necro crits you. At the same time even boon focused builds just get destroyed by all the corruption.

It’s not OP per say. It’s just that no one likes being hard countered. Also I frequently hear complaints abut Death Shroud duration. I personally don’t have anything against the class but it’s a rising star and I think we’ll hear more complaints about it soon.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I find the number saying Necro interesting. In game I find them to be pretty obnoxious. Any sort of condi build is basically useless vs a Cele Signet Necro. As soon as you lay on some conditions they get sent back if the Necro crits you. At the same time even boon focused builds just get destroyed by all the corruption.

It’s not OP per say. It’s just that no one likes being hard countered. Also I frequently hear complaints abut Death Shroud duration. I personally don’t have anything against the class but it’s a rising star and I think we’ll hear more complaints about it soon.

It’s not a hard counter though. I have beaten quite a few cele signet necros on my rabid engi. Normally just bait out some of the condi transfers and then condi bomb and and lock them in a cc chain. Also not really a rising star, just finally getting some balance.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

It’s not a hard counter though. I have beaten quite a few cele signet necros on my rabid engi. Normally just bait out some of the condi transfers and then condi bomb and and lock them in a cc chain. Also not really a rising star, just finally getting some balance.

Depends on your class. As a Engi running P/P and Elixirs it’s hard to imagine anything worse. I don’t run the spec often but it’s hard to imagine another build that counters me harder. It all comes down to Plague Sending. I can avoid everything else but one crit sends 15 Burn Stacks back to me. Guess that’s what I get got running “cheese” though. PS is the only real issue I have with Necro though. It’s basically passive in nature. I have the same issue with IP on Engi. Yes, in a perfect world you could get them to transfer weak condis but GL with that in a actual team fight.

Again, not saying it’s OP. It’s just obnoxious to fight.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

abc.5790

I have had the complete opposite. In General the Necromancers I have witnessed+met have been people who are toxic, and unagreeable.

In fact even if you legitimately can justify a nerf they need in some area they will blindly defend it and act like a difficult past (if you can even call it that) justifies any OP-ness in the future. Which it doesn’t.

The profession I feel least angry about losing to? The profession I am also playing at the time, because that genuinely must mean I got outplayed/out thought.

I main engie and I used to hate hate hate necros with a passion. One necro used to troll and chase me around the map so I’d log on the hambow and reverse the tide. I finally started playing one to better understand their mechanics. Minus the 2 months of OPness they had with dhuumfire, the class felt too slow and underwhelming to me. I’m sure there are obnoxious individuals in each profession but most of the necros I’ve encountered and befriended seemed like good peeps.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I main engie and I used to hate hate hate necros with a passion. One necro used to troll and chase me around the map so I’d log on the hambow and reverse the tide. I finally started playing one to better understand their mechanics. Minus the 2 months of OPness they had with dhuumfire, the class felt too slow and underwhelming to me. I’m sure there are obnoxious individuals in each profession but most of the necros I’ve encountered and befriended seemed like good peeps.

My beef with them in the past was that they didn’t understand why they weren’t viable.

They acted like they were completely underpowered in a 1v1 scenario. That was never the case, in fact power Necro had many individuals actively winning duels in duel servers.

The issue was related to them in team scenarios and conquest the game mode. Yet, they’d always bring up balance in a 1v1. That was never relevant to their problems apart from counter classes, and that is working as intended, No?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

when i go burn guard for trolling ppl there is NO match where i don’t get rage and tears

but they kinda right tho since burn guardian is a totally 0 skill spec exploiting nonsense burning…i can’t really blame them, i sometimes feel bad looking at shatter mesmers running around with 8 stacks of burning while they can’t do absolutely nothing to save themselves

I usually agree with people who say i’m running a reterded spec…unless they’re celestial eles..eles have no right to qq bout anything

After playing zerker/rauder and carrion medi guard pre- and post- patch, my burst potential is hands-down higher with a power build. The burn guard is just slightly more survivable due to the extra health from carrion. If a medi guard decides to bust his load, it doesn’t matter whether he’s power or condi, the burst is real. Take a look at the damage coefficients on torch 4—it’s just as good on a power build. People raging against burn guard is an l2p issue—their rotations and burn application is so predictable, there’s plenty of room for counterplay. If you aren’t eating them alive 1v1 at this point, go make one.

Fact: Burning is only ~33-50% of a burn guard’s actual DPS. Thus, you should be grateful when you see a burn guard: unlike a marauder medi guard, the burn guard is literally inviting you to clear 50% of his DPS.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

I really like this thread.

Most threads are usually teeming with noobs with bad opinions.

This thread seems to have more veteran pvpers honestly spilling their beans on the good/sinful troll builds they run and stuff they do during matches

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster