Least played class?! In team tournies.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

What is the least played class in team tournies?
Especially the more high end competitive scene.

I managed to catch a shout cast tourney last weekend for the finals, and I noticed No mesmers. I have not played the game for over 8 months, so when I left mesmers where extremely common. But based on what little I’ve seen I am guessing mesmers are low pop in team compositions?

Anyways if people wouldn’t mind letting me know, I tend to enjoy playing something that is demographically underrepresented. Its why I started playing engy in first place.

in PvP

Posted by: DayDream.6381

DayDream.6381

Plenty of mesmers on EU.

in PvP

daydream.2938

Right but I am in Na, whats not common there.

in PvP

Posted by: DayDream.6381

DayDream.6381

Guard/Mes/Ranger

in PvP

daydream.2938

Holy cow! guard was like one of the most played class’s in competitive play when I left, what a huge change.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I’d say least played class in competitive scene is Ranger. They’re just not super unique snowflakes right now in the fact that:

• Power Ranger < Thief/Mesmer synergy.
  • Res-bot Ranger < Res-bot Warrior. But both are proven to function.
  • Survival Condition Ranger – still loses against the godmode D/D Ele on side nodes, and can’t teamfight or downed body cleave as well as other professions.
Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I’d say least played class in competitive scene is Ranger. They’re just not super unique snowflakes right now in the fact that:

• Survival Condition Ranger – still loses against the godmode D/D Ele on side nodes, and can’t teamfight or downed body cleave as well as other professions.

This is right on the money in terms of Ranger viability. I’d also like to add that compared to Warrior or Ele, Ranger generally lacks mobility (unless you add traveler runes which severely kitten 1v1 or support capabilities). Also, Power Ranger remains easier to kill with less utility than Thief/Mesmer.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

daydream.2938

Ya but I am kind of stubborn, plus if what you say is true, they will be due for a buff. to bad all I remember how to play is engy

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

to bad all I remember how to play is engy

Kappa

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

in PvP

daydream.2938

I probably give ranger a look, see if they can be picked up quickly.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

This is very accurate. Most of the time ranger can only become on par with other stuff while still having way less allround options in what he does. The reason for that is imo a still large amount of completely useless pet traits as well as really bad utility skills and even very mediocre weapon choices.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what sorcery is this?

daydream created a topic
DayDream replied to this topic

i know the 4 digits number are different, but, what are the odds of this happening !!!

well at least in hotjoin NA, all 8 professions are played.

in PvP

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

the only real shift in meta has been guards to ele’s on NA.

Mesmers have never been common, nor have rangers or necros.

engi flops back and forth

warriors, thieves have always been a constant.

at least for NA.

this has developed thanks to the Cele stats and some abuse of runes and sigils on certain builds.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

well at least in hotjoin NA, all 8 professions are played.

It’s like someone’s asking for a dungeon tier list in PvE and you say that in the Queensdale champion autoattack-train every class is played. Means nothing.

On the topic: EU’s least played class is probably necro or ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

ranger followed by necro for Eu meta, since we play conquest and not deathmatch

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Shots fired….

Although you can’t deny that a WELL-PLAYED necro is an absolute monster in conquest. I think that is the problem with many in EU…

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Shots fired….

Although you can’t deny that a WELL-PLAYED necro is an absolute monster in conquest. I think that is the problem with many in EU…

Same goes for a well played ranger that is using it’s evades properly.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Shots fired….

Teamfights in Eu meta last too long so necros die to their lack of sustain, but it might change when teams run other comps.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Necro isn’t “safe” pick in tpvp, as you have to take care of it and play around. So why shouldn’t you pick another self-caring Ele? That is, I believe, just the logic of EU teams.

Not like it’s invalid. Why should you risk when playing for top rewards or scores?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

Necro isn’t “safe” pick in tpvp, as you have to take care of it and play around. So why shouldn’t you pick another self-caring Ele? That is, I believe, just the logic of EU teams.

Not like it’s invalid. Why should you risk when playing for top rewards or scores?

That is a good point, but not entirely valid. You can’t really argue that mesmer is a “safe” pick by any means, as it really leans on that thief for protection, and they are all-over EU. However, necro is somewhat comp-dependent, and REALLY benefits from having an engie still (although its not as mandatory, as many builds just crap out burning and extra condis quite proficiently too).

Like you said, however, necro isn’t really too faceroll anymore. Its more about setting up massive condition bursts, not just throwing marks on point in-between scepter auto-spam. But when that necro is played well….it is a FORCE.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

eh i have more than 2000+ ranked arena rounds. in these days, warrior and mesmer are least played as long as i see in these days. there were lot of warriors before healing sig and adrenaline nerf patch.but now, no. mesmer were originally not that much populated from old days upto now. if i list by order list of class population in soloq,

Ele, necro, engi > thief, ranger > guardian >= warrior, mesmer

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

For tournaments probably ranger, necro and maybe guard are the least played.

Soloq is a little more rounded but necros and guards are still a little rare. There are also a lot less wars than a few months ago but theyre still common enough.

In a month or two it could all change and we could see 2 necro 2 guard 1 ranger groups, so just player whatever you like anyways.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Mesmer is definitely not under-represented. It is very strong right now.

The least represented is probably the ranger. Once D/D ele is nerfed, I think you’ll see more rangers act as point defenders. D/D ele is currently the best bunker in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

This probably explains why top teams in EU have better rotations and more close matches.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

This probably explains why top teams in EU have better rotations and more close matches.

the reason they have closer matches is because they dont run actual good comps

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Most of these NA and EU comparisons in playstyle seem really inaccurate and trash talkey.

EU doesn’t play conquest while NA plays deathmatch, it’s simply a difference in strategies on how to out rotate your opponents.

NA prefers to snowball off of kills, EU prefers to delay with bunkers and use portal plays.

The biggest oversight some EU players see when they look at NA gameplay, ‘omg, nobody even watches their home point.’

That’s simply because with the 5 dps comp, once the 1man advantage has overwhelmed another point, then they send back a player to fight on the neutralized point, in a favorable matchup.

@ OP, cast my vote for Ranger

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Most of these NA and EU comparisons in playstyle seem really inaccurate and trash talkey.

EU doesn’t play conquest while NA plays deathmatch, it’s simply a difference in strategies on how to out rotate your opponents.

NA prefers to snowball off of kills, EU prefers to delay with bunkers and use portal plays.

The biggest oversight some EU players see when they look at NA gameplay, ‘omg, nobody even watches their home point.’

That’s simply because with the 5 dps comp, once the 1man advantage has overwhelmed another point, then they send back a player to fight on the neutralized point, in a favorable matchup.

@ OP, cast my vote for Ranger

From playing on a team in NA, that ran EU meta, I highly agree with Chaith. A 5 man dps comp (na) takes the fight to their enemies, while the bunker/dps mashup comps (eu) waits for the fights. The aggressiveness from NA comps can cause EU style comps to overrotate, or miss-rotate (disadvantaged 1v1s, 2v2s or even 3v3s) which would snow ball the entire game into NA comp favor.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

To be honest, NA comps are really close to the comp/strat that CM was using prior to splitting up for the WTS. Remember how nobody in EU could figure out how to beat a team full of tanky dps specs that had huge dps, decent stall capability, and good mobility?

The only thing is, running a comp like that takes good mechanical players who make good rotation choices, and that is why teams that just try to copy the comp fail pretty hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

To be honest, NA comps are really close to the comp/strat that CM was using prior to splitting up for the WTS. Remember how nobody in EU could figure out how to beat a team full of tanky dps specs that had huge dps, decent stall capability, and good mobility?

The only thing is, running a comp like that takes good mechanical players who make good rotation choices, and that is why teams that just try to copy the comp fail pretty hard.

yup thats exactly why theres no competition in NA. the best players mechanically will remain to dominate until people can compete on their level. rotations alone wont be able to help.

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Muubs no offense but just because your team couldn’t pull off Thief Mesmer doesn’t mean nobody can. Its already been shown that TCG can beat Abjured. Whether or not that’ll change in CN, we’ll see.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.