Leeto on scepter autoattack.

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

I know that people will ask my opinion about this so will just get it out here.

So i dont think its good change overall and a lazy buff to necro. Some points -

Scepter – With reapers powerful chill damage, condi build is ahead of every other build and with reapershroud beeing melee based, scepter was already far better option than dagger, so this puts scepter even further ahead of any other necro weapon (necros have only 1 weapon, staff is must have and always have been)

Necro buff – What makes necro good atm beside damage is boon corruption, but at high level necro lacks basicly everywhere else so if someone takes necro they basicly takes it because it counters mesmers/revs, instead of buffing where necro was lacking or where necro was complete trash they just gave it more of what it had, and ye maybe it will now almost force top teams to play with necro but already teams that could bare with flaws of necro were benefiting alot from necro boon corruption, but top teams dont play with necros not because what they have is weak but because of what they dont have.

Necro v Necro – Necro overall is quite simple class its not like for example thief where bad thief is complete trash and good thief is godmode, bad necro can do something and good necro can do much more, this buff shortens distance even more not only because good corrupts show difference between necros but even autoattack shows its, autoattacking in right moments especially with scepter is big deal, even in pro league you could see necro not beeing able to get kill in 2v2 because he was just spamming every button and weapon switching with just 2 chains of scepter autoattack and that poison would get them kill, necro is not class where the more buttons you press the more damage you deal but now even if you dont know when to autoattack and when not i cant imagine going wrong with just autoattacking.

Other players, fun and RNG – Does this make necro more fun? not really? does it make more fun to play together with necro? not really. does it make more fun to play against necro? no. It can take alot of fun away tho, especially if its boon corruption is RNG like other corrupts, having your stability stomp/ress interrupt just cause necro autoattacked cant be fun.

So as i said before at start its just lazy buff to necro. Necro didnt need scepter buff, it kinds didnt need more boon corruption, but it needed buff to become meta pick, maybe this is that buff but i dont think its best way to get them into meta.

Well whenever i complain about broken things in this game they say im biased about necro so here you go some necro whine.

And my biased necro opinion is – Cool, boon corruption on autoattack, thx anet.

(edited by Leeto.1570)

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Thats all we wanted to hear. Proper balancing implemented, confirmed by Legendary Necro. #esports ~2016

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The 3rd scepter auto rarely hits anyway. So its really not that good. But I would still think they should make it give something like 3-5% life force instead

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

The #MasterOfAutoattack has spoken.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Dat words and dat signature..

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

What do you think the effect of the energy sigil nerf will be for necro? I’m worried about being focused after the patch, I really need that extra dodge. And 4 stat gear like Mercenary’s seems good, but results in a higher relative increase in effective hp for classes with low base hp.

in PvP

Posted by: Over.2137

Over.2137

Leet0 Interview BabyRage

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Lazy lazy change

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

What do you think the effect of the energy sigil nerf will be for necro? I’m worried about being focused after the patch, I really need that extra dodge. And 4 stat gear like Mercenary’s seems good, but results in a higher relative increase in effective hp for classes with low base hp.

I did ask Leet0 this on his stream yesterday, and overall he didn’t seem to concerned by the sigil nerf. I can’t remember if he went into your other points.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Personally, I would bind that corrupt on AA to Curses Spec. Spite builds have enough of boon corruption and other stuff already.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Hero Phalanx.9406

Hero Phalanx.9406

where did they post these changes? or was it on stream?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Based on your post about Mesmers… You might do well to get some practice.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Based on your post about Mesmers… You might do well to get some practice.

Did you even read the post?

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I hope this change is reverted, and only further proves anet needs more communication with its community, why would you guys think THIS is what necro needed/wanted? baffling change close to the implementation of perplexity runes, you guys are out of tune to this game or something, or you want the second coming of necros to happen.

edit

Changes like this and introducing some pretty broken alternatives to amulets which are far superior to soldiers is questionable.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

+1 anet needs to focus on buffing axe autoattack, greatsword auto attack, fix focus #4 so it actually lands without having to be directly in line of walk, same fix to happen to spectral grasp, make deathshroud more viable there are literally so many things they can do to necro, but what they are doing is setting us up for failure to get nerfed down the road and be made unviable again.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

+1 anet needs to focus on buffing axe autoattack, greatsword auto attack, fix focus #4 so it actually lands without having to be directly in line of walk, same fix to happen to spectral grasp, make deathshroud more viable there are literally so many things they can do to necro, but what they are doing is setting us up for failure to get nerfed down the road and be made unviable again.

From that list deathshroud is confirmed to be buffed. I hope it’s not more boon corruption though…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari