Left for 3 years,thief still broken

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

hello guise,

i’ve not played in three years, and aside some silly joke builds ( DH on point is supid, tho i really dunno about its viability in high PvP if it still exists) i still find thief to be stupidly broken.

And i’m a thief player.

Not only that, it’s also super boring, D/P is by far the only good build to play, in the WHOLE class.

The only good thing about the game is they removed air/fire and Hydro/geo/leech sigils ( thx god)

and i’ve a silly question, why is no one playing Shadow refuge, it was like the most broken thing in the whole game.

Ok thx bye

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You missed season 1 and 2 when everyone was reporting players for simply playing the class – thief was that bad.
Which part of thief do you find broken? Enlighten us.
Once again you also missed seasons when staff or s/d builds were rather popular. D/P will be probably always popular set for pvp simply because of it’s utility. PvP is about teamplay and d/p is probably least selfish set for thief.
Nobody is using refuge (besides me) because it locks you in one area for long time and with introduction of crap load of AoE in HoT and reveal on demand for multiple classes it is rather hard to use it effectively (not to mention the long CD). Scrappers for example have way superior version of refuge.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

teef is nobclass buff plz

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Shadow refuge was great for team rezzing before.

But now you have scrapper sneak gyro and function gyro power rezz. In addition, revenant and scrapper have aoe reveal which nullifies shadow refuge.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

And with all the AoE and AoE cc shadow refuge is a giant target that will self reveal if left before it finishes its duration, nothing better than a small ApE circle with a giant target over it saying AoE/CC bomb here.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

The other thing that hurts shadow refuge viability is that it doesn’t work reliably with any of the 3 daredevil dodges, and daredevil in general is just way too good not to take. Dash dodges are too long distance and will put you out side of the refuge, while the bound and lotus both deal direct aoe damage which will also reveal. I could see it coming back into the meta if dead-eye is competitive.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Thief isn’t broken at all. It has received lots of endurance nerfs, staff nerfs, and PI was nerfed in the recent patch too.

They have superior mobility, sure, but their dueling capability is constantly receiving nails.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Thief isn’t broken at all. It has received lots of endurance nerfs, staff nerfs, and PI was nerfed in the recent patch too.

They have superior mobility, sure, but their dueling capability is constantly receiving nails.

Thief dueling is not bad at all. DP thief can duel reasonably well against most meta builds.

But with its superior mobility and high burst damage, it is just more effective to go for +1 and quick kills.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Thief has the most potential skill-wise.

Still, the real problem is that players can reveal a thief. This defeats the purpose of stealth. It used to be balanced with limited access. But now that you can dodge out of a field to stealth they started throwing revealed like candy and it is ruining the core mechanics of the class. Even worse is the addition of evades to make up for their mistake in removing vitality stats from traits. Thief is extremely hard, but the number of defenses it has available make it look easy.

To understand a thief’s position. Sure They can dodge evade non stop for a good number of seconds but during those seconds. In between the ends of each dodge. Thieves are losing half their health to instant DH traps and skills. They almost can’t even avoid damage dodging nonstop Stop dodging for 1/4th a second at random and you are 100% going to eat the spam-able damage out there. They created a game where you need cheese to fight cheese. Only the good players are immune to this because they know the almost non-existent intervals between thieves evades on any weapon or after a dodge.

As for stealth. Channeled attacks can track them and they can be revealed. They revealed for 4 seconds after one instance of damage and cant even walk out of their shadow of refuge. Some players actually wait for thief to try and use their healing skill and kill them right as they enter stealth limiting their healing skill options. And then there is of-course Taunt. It may be toxic to fight a thief but for a thief everything is toxic to them.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

teef is nobclass buff plz

Lol, Bluri’s comments gets me every time… He just pop out from shadow every time a teef blame happen xD

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Shadow Refuge doesn’t work anymore because everyone has a bagillion AoEs and CCs that can cover the whole area. More often then not, the skill screws you over.

Also, Daredevils can’t dodge in it without either traveling out or doing damage.

in PvP

Posted by: ibThuggin.1758

ibThuggin.1758

Thief is gonna be more meta this season then some other classes so no idea what you smoke, but mail me some to Canada please.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

But now you have scrapper sneak gyro and function gyro power rezz. In addition, revenant and scrapper have aoe reveal which nullifies shadow refuge.

Shadow refuge was good for party stealth, not really for ressing.

It was a giant " hit here" button even before, it was used for stealth gankings.

I guess meta has shifted ( or teams are just worse than they were before, i don’t know).

Daredevil dodge is a point.

If you’re losing time on 1vs1 on a thief, delete the thief and play an engi.

Thief role wasn’t to duel and it will never be

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It was a giant " hit here" button even before, it was used for stealth gankings.

I guess meta has shifted ( or teams are just worse than they were before, i don’t know).

Daredevil dodge is a point.

If you’re losing time on 1vs1 on a thief, delete the thief and play an engi.

Thief role wasn’t to duel and it will never be

Thing with using it for stealth openings is that you can just blast a smoke field from black powder or even use ranger smoke scale and get the same result without sacrificing a utility slot.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Naa dude it was and still is good for rezing. It heals for like 2k per tick in downstate. It’s just not as good over other power rezes provided by druids and engi’s.