Legacy of the Foefire Lord health too low?

in PvP

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

I’m curious of anyone else’s thoughts on this matter. All classes are capable of soloing him with little trouble now quite quickly. I think killing the lord should be a very difficult feat that requires most of the team and good coordination/timing.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

It give you 150 points, not bad, but not worth to focus only on this. A 4v5 is still better than the 150 points of the lord. He is also easy to defend, you can 1v2 if you are on the side of the lord, and even if you can solo it you have to take your time all in all. And you can only kill one lord one time, not like nifhel where you can kill/steal the two bosses every 3 min… I dont think it needs to have health increased, all in all due to the 4v5 situation most of the time the boss is rusehd when you have 350+ points so soloing it will happens 10% of times, and when it happens, I think the risk/reward is correct

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

I have brought it up as well. With such an increase in damage and condition damage the Lord is far too easy to kill for 150 points.

In comparison the beasts are on opposite sides of the map and require killing them both each time they popped up twice and once during those pop up times to get the same amount of points with the other team trying to kill them too. I’m sure we have all had that beast kill stolen just from the last hit from the other team after you have been wailing on it to get it’s health down. I don’t think it should require a full team to beat it but it shouldn’t get killed as fast as it does now either.

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Rampage warrior + FGS = insta kill on lord right now

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Here is how fast it can be killed by just two people. I happened to be filming when I caught this gem.

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

It’s pretty fast but surprisingly unranked/ranked matches don’t go after it much in my experience.

Instead of making the Lord a damage sponge, what if the two casters had increased defense and were able to heal/buff the Lord? That way you couldn’t just train the Lord unless your team was capable of CCing. Small groups/solo you could CC the casters to interrupt the heals, while a full team could get away with killing the Lord (but leave all the points vulnerable to capture).

Just an idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

It’s pretty fast but surprisingly unranked/ranked matches don’t go after it much in my experience.

Instead of making the Lord a damage sponge, what if the two casters had increased defense and were able to heal/buff the Lord? That way you couldn’t just train the Lord unless your team was capable of CCing. Small groups/solo you could CC the casters to interrupt the heals, while a full team could get away with tunneling the Lord (but leave all the points vulnerable to capture).

Just an idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Instead of making the Lord a damage sponge, what if the two casters had increased defense and were able to heal/buff the Lord? That way you couldn’t just train the Lord unless your team was capable of CCing. Small groups/solo you could CC the casters to interrupt the heals, while a full team could get away with killing the Lord (but leave all the points vulnerable to capture).

Just an idea.

I think that is a good idea, it would slow down soloing just enough.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

https://youtu.be/y9UqACWmj5w?t=573

• Solo warrior shows up at Lord on minimap at 5:04
  • First in game notification at 4:53 ( 11 seconds later )
  • Lord dead at 4:46 ( 7 seconds on )

So at best we’re talking less than 18 seconds to react, arrive, and counter a near dead lord while removing the solo offender, assuming you see the enemy icon appear on the map. This Lord kill resulted in the win.

in PvP

Shadow.1345

So at best we’re talking less than 18 seconds to react, arrive, and counter a near dead lord while removing the solo offender, assuming you see the enemy icon appear on the map. This Lord kill resulted in the win.

Mine was in about 15 seconds from the warning and I couldn’t make it from around mid with a thief. And to reiterate incase the important part of that statement was missed for anyone I couldn’t make it back to the base in time on the most mobile class in the game using SB 5.

That is way too easy to make that many points. 150 points is 5 beast kills or close to a minute of triple capping or getting Tranquility and Serenity and holding on to those points for 25 seconds.

The issue of the Lord’s ease of being killed is something I would consider game breaking at this point.

in PvP

Posted by: Chibiko.8654

Chibiko.8654

Mine was in about 15 seconds from the warning and I couldn’t make it from around mid with a thief. And to reiterate incase the important part of that statement was missed for anyone I couldn’t make it back to the base in time on the most mobile class in the game using SB 5.

That is way too easy to make that many points. 150 points is 5 beast kills or close to a minute of triple capping or getting Tranquility and Serenity and holding on to those points for 25 seconds.

The issue of the Lord’s ease of being killed is something I would consider game breaking at this point.

As a ranger I can guarantee a lord kill even with extra player help from enemy team.

(sorry for bad quality threw it together just now.)

Lord definitely needs a boost. I have a record at 6 seconds from engaging lord. It all really depends on how my traps are triggered.

Here’s another one (better quality):

Of course the traps won’t be off that cooldown so you can in reality only use them once. But it really doesn’t change anything since you interrupt the pulses to lay a new trap.

(edited by Chibiko.8654)

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Me and my mate duo’d it in 6 seconds from reaching the steps in a game yesterday. Def needs an hp boost.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

If the game were balanced the Lord’s low health wouldn’t be a problem but right now, some builds can take him down solo in 10 seconds (without even bothering to kill the guards first), whereas most others can’t. So the map favors certain team comps and that’s terrible.
It used to be my fav map, now I always vote against it.

(edited by Scambug.3502)

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Yeah and even if someone from the other team is attacking you or you do it the old fashioned way of rushing it with a teammate or 2 all you have to do is focus on the Lord. You’re death is only worth 5 points, the Lord’s death is worth 150 points. That’s a bet with a 30:1 pay out. A bet with a 30:1 pay out should have somewhere close to 30:1 odds and right now there is ample enough proof to show that the odds are much closer to 1:1 than 30:1. The Devs definitely needs to be looking at this.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Ppl were asking for a buff pre patch so yeh, its badly overdue now.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Hachiman.2470

Hachiman.2470

I think there was a recent post about this. I agree he is way too easy to kill. I’d even go as far as to suggest that he needs more than just an HP boost. I’d suggest an significant HP boost, dmg boost and a reduction in points awarded from 150 to 100. Currently a team can play poorly the entire match then one zerk can run in there and take out the lord in <15 sec for the win. At this point lord is just a handicap to allow poor play with the ability to still come out with a win.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I think there was a recent post about this. I agree he is way too easy to kill. I’d even go as far as to suggest that he needs more than just an HP boost. I’d suggest an significant HP boost, dmg boost and a reduction in points awarded from 150 to 100. Currently a team can play poorly the entire match then one zerk can run in there and take out the lord in <15 sec for the win. At this point lord is just a handicap to allow poor play with the ability to still come out with a win.

How well can the other team actually be playing if their map awareness is low enough to let someone solo the lord? Maybe they got arrogant? I see that happen all the time, where a team has a great opening/mid-game, thinks their invincible and drops their guard, only to get beaten. It’s easy to stop someone from soloing the lord, zerker or not, just pay attention. Two people is obviously much harder. That said, I’m all for buffing the lord’s HP.

in PvP

Shadow.1345

How well can the other team actually be playing if their map awareness is low enough to let someone solo the lord? Maybe they got arrogant? I see that happen all the time, where a team has a great opening/mid-game, thinks their invincible and drops their guard, only to get beaten. It’s easy to stop someone from soloing the lord, zerker or not, just pay attention. Two people is obviously much harder. That said, I’m all for buffing the lord’s HP.

The problem is that even paying attention to the map he can be dead in <15 seconds after they show up on the map giving you no time to respond.

in PvP

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

Did they just patch it?
I could kill it solo before he popped his healing skill on a burning guard if I didn’t kitten up the burst

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

you can’t rally off the lord’s npc’s anymore, which i will miss. it was a fun way of being smart about your attacks and finding a way to fend off multiple players while taking on the lord

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

you can’t rally off the lord’s npc’s anymore, which i will miss. it was a fun way of being smart about your attacks and finding a way to fend off multiple players while taking on the lord

Ya… they kind of took out some tactics. If it looks like I might not be able to clear guards and or lord before I get taken down, I know I’m going to wait for downed state and rally off the lowest npc. Now I cant.

Neither for nor against this change. It is just oddly timed I guess. But still asks the question of why? lol

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in PvP

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Ya… they kind of took out some tactics. If it looks like I might not be able to clear guards and or lord before I get taken down, I know I’m going to wait for downed state and rally off the lowest npc. Now I cant.

Neither for nor against this change. It is just oddly timed I guess. But still asks the question of why? lol

They patched the HP because of condi damage.

They patched the rallying, because people do more damage and probably could solo the lord too fast and rely on rallying from the other weak NPCs?

Now maybe more people need to commit for the objective, rather than simply sending one person that has 100% chance to rally from weak NPCs and can always kill the lord with 0% chance of failure if no enemy is coming for you.

I like this change. I would not mind the other NPCs ressing the lord as well. Just feels dumb that you can just ignore them and strait up just kill the lord with little to no consequence if you leave the other NPCs up.

(edited by Pandeh.5248)

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yeah good change making the lord harder. Would be nicer if the casters could also heal him.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Yes. Make it require taking out the other npcs first. Each other npc should give him a buff as long as he’s alive. One give a health buff one a damage buff etc…

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

ANET seemed to have planned the buffed HP in correlation with game 2 of EU monthly finals …!!!

RIP oRNG

#suspicious
#conspiracy

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU