Lege's playing bad classes for achievements

in PvP

Posted by: Fatallion.5389

Fatallion.5389

They have nothing to lose since they are legendary already so they can farm their achievements as long as they want. Meanwhile I struggle with getting to legendary when all my close-to-legendary games I have those guys on my team, and enemy team is full of meta classes, who get achies by rerolling when the game is clear win for them. Who the kitten invented this “get to next division, never drop” system? Seriously?

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

Being able to drop divisions would actually be an very, very bad idea! People need to have some sort of safety and being able to reach a new division gives them a certain amount of ‘satisfaction’. I can’t even imagine the hate that would pop up when you can drop from divisions.

HOWEVER, I do think that the achievement where you have to get a certain amount of wins on 3 classes is a bit too much (2 would be better). Still only being able to play 1 class good enough just doesn’t cut it, especially in soloQ where swapping classes is very important.

D/F ele

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

Why would division dropping be bad thing? Now its just that you reach something (that can be also done with carrying or lucky) and then you can be as bad as you want and still be at the top. Makes no kittening sense.

in PvP

verskore.4312

Let me turn that around, why would people who actually played well and deserved getting to a new division suddenly have to get punished and dropped division again just because they get people in their team who don’t give a crap?

D/F ele

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

Because that’s the thing, if they can’t stay in there, they don’t deserve it.

in PvP

verskore.4312

That is absolute nonsense and you being salty for not getting to legendary. You do know it only takes 1 person in a team to screw up the entire fight right? Does that mean the others in the team didn’t deserve to stay? RUBBISH

D/F ele

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The problem with not allowing you to drop divisions is matchmaking. For example, when you are at the lower tier of Diamond and have an average MMR you will get average team mates and your chances of moving up are also average. If your MMR is high, you will get high “quality” team mates and your chances of moving up are also high. If your MMR is low, you will get low “quality” team mates and your chances of moving up are also low.

Now if you start losing you will enter the so called MMR Hell. Every defeat will lower your MMR, which means with every defeat you will get worse and worse team mates, but your average opponent won’t change at all. That’s because your opponents are selected from similarly placed players in Division/tier but since you can’t lose Divisions there will be a huge amount of players at the lower tiers, tier 1 Diamond for example.

If you could lose divisions, at some point you would get suitable opponents for your now low MMR, and you would be able to start climbing again. But without losing divisions you will never reach that point, and will lose and lose and lose and lose with zero chance of going up.

in PvP

verskore.4312

The problem with not allowing you to drop divisions is matchmaking. For example, when you are at the lower tier of Diamond and have an average MMR you will get average team mates and your chances of moving up are also average. If your MMR is high, you will get high “quality” team mates and your chances of moving up are also high. If your MMR is low, you will get low “quality” team mates and your chances of moving up are also low.

Now if you start losing you will enter the so called MMR Hell. Every defeat will lower your MMR, which means with every defeat you will get worse and worse team mates, but your average opponent won’t change at all. That’s because your opponents are selected from similarly placed players in Division/tier but since you can’t lose Divisions there will be a huge amount of players at the lower tiers, tier 1 Diamond for example.

If you could lose divisions, at some point you would get suitable opponents for your now low MMR, and you would be able to start climbing again. But without losing divisions you will never reach that point, and will lose and lose and lose and lose with zero chance of going up.

Not true, I got in this so called ‘MMR hell’ when I was in diamond and yes it sucked hard, I got 8 winstreaks and suddenly I lose 8 in a row, all you have to do is take a break so you don’t let yourself get the same players in your team, calm down, you’ll start to think straight again and play better. Also duoQing with a friend who’s also good will help ALOT and that’s how you can get out of MMR hell. Dropping divisions is a terrible terrible idea, you would actually like to get thrown out of diamond only to have to deal with ruby hell?

D/F ele

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

Not true, I got in this so called ‘MMR hell’ when I was in diamond and yes it sucked hard, I got 8 winstreaks and suddenly I lose 8 in a row, all you have to do is take a break so you don’t let yourself get the same players in your team, calm down, you’ll start to think straight again and play better. Also duoQing with a friend who’s also good will help ALOT and that’s how you can get out of MMR hell. Dropping divisions is a terrible terrible idea, you would actually like to get thrown out of diamond only to have to deal with ruby hell?

After winning 8 and then losing 8 is not a MMRhell.

And just because one guy who will kitten up whole team’s game, why is it only those who are close to next division who have to suffer? Same kitten for everyone so the salt would be real and Anet would finally do something. Now it’s just that for example in my last games, enemies are always full legend, and in my team there’s 1-2 diamonds with me. Enemies have nothing to lose, still they go hard and meta classes and switch at end to get other classes achievements, while my team’s legends go for those class achies right away and kitten the team’s game.

in PvP

verskore.4312

After winning 8 and then losing 8 is not a MMRhell.

And just because one guy who will kitten up whole team’s game, why is it only those who are close to next division who have to suffer? Same kitten for everyone so the salt would be real and Anet would finally do something. Now it’s just that for example in my last games, enemies are always full legend, and in my team there’s 1-2 diamonds with me. Enemies have nothing to lose, still they go hard and meta classes and switch at end to get other classes achievements, while my team’s legends go for those class achies right away and kitten the team’s game.

Stop selfpittying yourself man! Saying it’s always the people in your team that screw up and never the enemyteam is rubbish (allthough matchmaking is pretty kitten up). I went from 3 pips from legendary to t1 again and yes I thought it was like that aswell at first but then I took a small break (about 2 days) and I got to legendary in the next 2 days!

D/F ele

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Dropping divisions is a terrible terrible idea, you would actually like to get thrown out of diamond only to have to deal with ruby hell?

Yes dropping divisions alone is terrible idea. Because we have one measure of skill: MMR, and one completely different metric used for achievements: Divisions.

The whole idea of making Divisions a requirement to get your achievements and the legendary backpiece is a failure. The divisions could’ve been a true ladder that represents skill, there are no “save points” in a competitive ladder.

And if the ladder was to be taken more seriously there wouldn’t be a way to go either up, or down, until the current season is over. Teams in sports don’t go up or down a division when they win or lose, they wait until the end of a season to determine that.

in PvP

verskore.4312

Dropping divisions is a terrible terrible idea, you would actually like to get thrown out of diamond only to have to deal with ruby hell?

Yes dropping divisions alone is terrible idea. Because we have one measure of skill: MMR, and one completely different metric used for achievements: Divisions.

The whole idea of making Divisions a requirement to get your achievements and the legendary backpiece is a failure. The divisions could’ve been a true ladder that represents skill, there are no “save points” in a competitive ladder.

And if the ladder was to be taken more seriously there wouldn’t be a way to go either up, or down, until the current season is over. Teams in sports don’t go up or down a division when they win or lose, they wait until the end of a season to determine that.

Yes I agree that the achievements system needs a rework but it aint all that simple though…

D/F ele

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s not just this, legendaries tend to not try very hard because there’s no real reason to so it sucks when you have a diamond guy trying to push up with legend team mates who are just there for their dailies.

System overall just kinda stinks

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN