Legend Queue Quality All Time Low

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

How is the match quality this bad? This is THE WORST players that have ever been in legend this season. Like if you would have told me these guys were ruby 2 seasons ago i would laugh in your face because it’s so pitiful. What happened to the matchmaking to allow such inexperienced players into legend? These are not even outliers, you could take a random sample of legend players and hotjoiners and there would be almost no difference.

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

pvp sux now

elite specs ruined pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

well, the current match making is encouraging 50-50 matches… so you’ll basically just ppl that grind matches in legend now… regardless of how skilled they are.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Wait there’s a difference in the quality of players throughout divisions for some people? LOL.

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

People can grind to legend and we are at the end of the season.
Divisions doesn’t meant player skill. Personal MMR does. And we can’t see our personal MMR, just have a very vague idea based on the team MMR.

Pumpkin – Mag

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

There’s also not a lot of reason to continue queuing at ranked in S4, most good players are done with their legendary wings and have the achievements completed and are most likely playing unranked in the eternal coliseum map

in PvP

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Look, matchmaking sees that you have been winning too much and it pairs you with likes of me, who’s stuck on first tier of blue :P all on purpose

in PvP

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Sad but true, this game comes down to who has the 1/10 uncarryable players on their team. I’m a couple wins away from x2 (started the season 2 weeks ago) and keep getting the most awful diamond players on my teams. It’s a miracle they were carried that high n the first place.

collector of liquid aurillium

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

It’s pretty bad, but to be fair it’s not that bad. I’ve been playing Unranked a fair bit since Coliseum came out, and there’s a clear overall skill gap between Unranked players and Legendary players.

I do hope they improve leagues after this Year of the Ascension mess, though.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

How is the match quality this bad? This is THE WORST players that have ever been in legend this season. Like if you would have told me these guys were ruby 2 seasons ago i would laugh in your face because it’s so pitiful. What happened to the matchmaking to allow such inexperienced players into legend? These are not even outliers, you could take a random sample of legend players and hotjoiners and there would be almost no difference.

WHAT IS HAPPENING

It’s not just the leagues. Unranked has gone to hell. You win a match by face rolling the other team, or you get hammered into the ground. I’ve not had a close match since the new patch dropped. I blame the new Map achievements having all the AP hunters coming in to PvP and messing things up.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

It’s not just the leagues. Unranked has gone to hell. You win a match by face rolling the other team, or you get hammered into the ground. I’ve not had a close match since the new patch dropped. I blame the new Map achievements having all the AP hunters coming in to PvP and messing things up.

Unranked game matchmaking perfectly balanced. No blow outs or anything.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Unranked game matchmaking perfectly balanced. No blow outs or anything.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you have better than average MMR to get games like that.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There’s also not a lot of reason to continue queuing at ranked in S4, most good players are done with their legendary wings and have the achievements completed and are most likely playing unranked in the eternal coliseum map

THIS. I barely touched ranked after i got to legend after first 2? weeks. Then i was just either farming pve/pvp achievements or played OW xD

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Wait there’s a difference in the quality of players throughout divisions for some people? LOL.

Yah man big diff, best peeps in sapphire.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

It’s pretty bad, but to be fair it’s not that bad. I’ve been playing Unranked a fair bit since Coliseum came out, and there’s a clear overall skill gap between Unranked players and Legendary players.

Play more unranked games, your MMR seems not at the level you “say” you play.

My unranked games are much more better than my ranked one in terms of skill.

I can only devote 15 hours max a week to the game, so my ranked divisions just show that I don’t have much incentives to Rank q that.

At least in unranked, no pip range to screw me up. Only MMR.

So I play a lot with many top players in those games. Except with new BETA map, too many players make the top more “spread out” but at least… my teams are better even if spread out than any rank q I had since October 2015.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Play more unranked games, your MMR seems not at the level you “say” you play.

My unranked games are much more better than my ranked one in terms of skill.

I can only devote 15 hours max a week to the game, so my ranked divisions just show that I don’t have much incentives to Rank q that.

At least in unranked, no pip range to screw me up. Only MMR.

So I play a lot with many top players in those games. Except with new BETA map, too many players make the top more “spread out” but at least… my teams are better even if spread out than any rank q I had since October 2015.

I’ve played probably around 75 unranked matches since the new map came out. Not sure if that’s enough for my MMR to have settled entirely, but I am sure that most of these players are pretty clueless, and I’m slaughtering most opponents with little to no effort.

But I will admit that I haven’t played much ranked the last few weeks, cos there’s just not much incentive to keep playing once you’ve reached Legendary, not to mention the long queue times. So I wouldn’t doubt that the overall skill level has declined since I stopped Qing ranked, but when I do pop in occasionally, the players clearly have more experience than Unranked players on the whole.

Think about it not in terms of how much more you’re winning in Unranked (which mostly just serves to reinforce inflated self-evaluations), but how much easier it is to carry your teams to victory in Unranked. It’s easier because the overall skill level is lower, making the more exceptional players far more effective. Sorta like how maybe you might have carried your teams through Emerald and Sapphire, but as the overall skill level increased in the higher divisions, carrying bad teams became much more difficult.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Interesting that you say unranked is better than ranked yet for me I get 5 signet warriors, triple stance warriors and stuff like that in unranked but I never see anyone THAT bad in ranked.

My MMR definitely settled since I played for salty sea dog and eternal gladiator as well as additional games to finish off my thief title recently.

I don’t see unranked as quality gaming at all, it is just stomping noobs or be stomped because you have noobs.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN