Legendary Armor in PVP

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

So I was wondering why it isn´t possible to work on legendary armor by playing pvp. I mean we don´t have any rewards anyway and I will never do brainless raids/fractals.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Because it’s a reward incentive to do Raids. If you want Legendary armor you do raid, it’s as simple as that. It boggles my mind how the Spvp community went from we don’t need PVE rewards, to why can’t we do PVP for Hardcore PVE prestigious items. If you don’t touch raids or fractals, that’s all on you because you don’t want to bother with it. If you really wanted it, you’d do #braindeadpve.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Because one legendary added with season 1 already ruined PvP giving terribly PvEers a reason to PvP.

Also, there’s literally no point in having ANY PvE gear in PvP. PvP and PvE are only connected through skins.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Xca.9721

well, I dont care about the stats, I just would like to have the skin. Why should good looking skins be available only for pve´rs?

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

well, I dont care about the stats, I just would like to have the skin. Why should good looking skins be available only for pve´rs?

Because anyone can get it. Just go do some pve and work for what you want. EZ.

I am a teef
:)

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Lucentfir.7430

Do you think PVE’ers only make Legendary armor for the stat swappability? People make Legendary armor for the skin/particle effects primarily, the stat swapping and rune swapping is a cherry on top. Making it so strict Spvpers can just get the skins without having to raid defeats the purpose of having it be a prestigious reward for people who do hardcore group content. Good looking skins, you want it yes? Then go out and do what you need to do to get it if your really want it that badly, no one is stopping you yourself. Not all SPVPers only play Spvp you know, I know a fair bit who play every aspect of this game, but find the most enjoyment in pvp.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Do you think PVE’ers only make Legendary armor for the stat swappability? People make Legendary armor for the skin/particle effects primarily, the stat swapping and rune swapping is a cherry on top. Making it so strict Spvpers can just get the skins without having to raid defeats the purpose of having it be a prestigious reward for people who do hardcore group content. Good looking skins, you want it yes? Then go out and do what you need to do to get it if your really want it that badly, no one is stopping you yourself. Not all SPVPers only play Spvp you know, I know a fair bit who play every aspect of this game, but find the most enjoyment in pvp.

It’s a shame the PvE community doesn’t share the same opinion when the shoes are switched, it’s why they removed map completion from a lot of areas like WvW.

I think people are still petitioning that the GoB shouldn’t be attained through WvW.

Also back in the day, PvP had unique skins but it was unfair to PvE’rs, so they removed the token system all together and handed out skins to everyone who showed up. Then they made the “Year of Ascension”, which was a prestigious item UNTIL it could be earned indefinitely due to the complaints of PvE’rs…. The PvP players had already earned theirs within the time limit and were happy with their once prestigious item.

I understand that if you want the gear, you should do the raids. I also understand what bias means too but PvP population is dying partly due to lack of incentives, I think having another legendary in PvP to earn would certainly help population problems.
For me personally, I’m not touching PvP due to the matchmaking (which is a population issue), but I would sit through insufferable games if I was earning something worthwhile for it.

(You could almost say most PvP issues towards the match making can be fixed by implementing another Legendary into PvP, repopulating PvP would allow the matchmaking to work properly, a working matchmaking promotes more gameplay, a healthier environment for PvP for everyone.)

BUT, I know it’s more important for a few players to blossom rather than a whole game itself.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

This post needs a picture of Sindrener in his legendary armour….with title….please.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I don’t really agree. You have to look at it from a basic standpoint. Which is time investment. If Anet could make the time investment to earn legendary armor similar to raids then it wouldn’t be a problem. Remember, like any mmo this game is only a time sink. No matter what you are doing.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

If Anet could make the time investment to earn legendary armor similar to raids then it wouldn’t be a problem.

Then you could make this very same argument that everything should be able to be acquired in any game mode if it takes a similar amount of time.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Because it’s a reward incentive to do Raids. If you want Legendary armor you do raid, it’s as simple as that. It boggles my mind how the Spvp community went from we don’t need PVE rewards, to why can’t we do PVP for Hardcore PVE prestigious items. If you don’t touch raids or fractals, that’s all on you because you don’t want to bother with it. If you really wanted it, you’d do #braindeadpve.

We’ve never expressed not wanting rewards… the PvP community has Always pushed for better rewards because we would receive zilch for time spent in PvP.

What boggles my mind? How any PvE player can receive a PvP back piece so easily. It should have been more difficult but Anet wanted a steady stream of casuals… which I guess is fine… but everyone and their mothers have the back piece

I hope Legendary armor can be more exclusive to PvP players because lets face it… PvP players whose been gaming since launch with only 6k achievement points under their belt will never get the back piece unless they turn over a new leaf.

Top 250

• Legendary Gloves/Feet/Leggings

Top 25

• Legendary Chest/Shoulders*

Top 10

• Legendary Helm*
aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Lucentfir.7430

We’ve never expressed not wanting rewards… the PvP community has Always pushed for better rewards because we would receive zilch for time spent in PvP.

What boggles my mind? How any PvE player can receive a PvP back piece so easily. It should have been more difficult but Anet wanted a steady stream of casuals… which I guess is fine… but everyone and their mothers have the back piece

I hope Legendary armor can be more exclusive to PvP players because lets face it… PvP players whose been gaming since launch with only 6k achievement points under their belt will never get the back piece unless they turn over a new leaf.

Top 250

Top 25

Top 10

• Legendary Helm*

I was there with the community pushing for better rewards for however many years since the old glory system, but as soon as Leagues received robust rewards(maybe a bit too good) in S5, I’ve seen many threads about wanting to nuke the rewards just so they didn’t get PVErs in their matches making grabby hands at ascended gear. Well it happened and we got a barren S6 to show for it. Now be as it may how easy it is to get The Ascension, you still couldn’t have gotten it through PVE only. People had to put in the time despite how much they didn’t want to do PVP. You also have to remember we didn’t have the current reward system in place when The Ascension dropped with the first iteration with leagues. So saying high level back then would of meant getting into Legend was the barrier for entry,

Why is this all of a sudden different as soon as Legendary armor drops that it should be obtainable to people who only play Spvp. Have the recent Legendary weapons been obtainable to people who only play SPVP?(Gen 1 Legendaries don’t count since they can be straight up bought from the TP) Putting Legendary armor as rewards for top 250 isn’t a worthy enough spot especially when people are always trying to game the system. IMO if you have to make Legendary armor a reward in Spvp, it should be available via tournaments, that is a worthy spot for Legendary armor to be rewarded.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

So I was wondering why it isn´t possible to work on legendary armor by playing pvp. I mean we don´t have any rewards anyway and I will never do brainless raids/fractals.

Similar question could be said about Ascended gear in WvW. PvP has a reward track that gives it and has/had a vendor that gave it to you just by playing some PvP matches. WvW ppl have always had this issue, now I guess it’s PvP’s turn to have something they want but cannot obtain using their favorite game mode. (Still not as bad as WvW but still).

While I understand that its PvE opnly and (just like ANet has done many times in the past) forced a lot of players into a certain mode to get more people into it in hopes of getting something great out of it. (business strategies ftw) but since esports is no longer a thing in GW2, PvP may be losing some dev’s attention (Im kinda surprised that ANets fav gamemode doesnt have a track that gives you what you need if you farm it enough).

#WelcometoWvWproblems

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

You can go to farm be a farmer and get those ugly armor that I have never seen in other MMO -

But don’t put the farm in a arena and don’t make the farmer be a fighter.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

If Anet could make the time investment to earn legendary armor similar to raids then it wouldn’t be a problem.

Then you could make this very same argument that everything should be able to be acquired in any game mode if it takes a similar amount of time.

Correct.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

I think he tries to say that pvers have something exclusive .
What about us? No need to be the same skin but needs to be special and not easy to everyone as the raids are

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Legendary armor is not hard to get really. I don’t think it would be good idea to add it to pvp as a lot of pve’ers would come here and complain how hard it is to get because let’s face it winning matches vs decent players is harder than killing scripted bosses. I would prefer Anet to add different kind of carrots to pvp. Ascended shards weren’t so bad imo, what really ruined is the fact that you could get those by afking in matches – they should have made them available only through wins.

On side note: legendary armor is really ugly, i only got it for stats change feature.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

What PvP really needs is just skins. Exclusive skins that are tied to playing ranked PvP. Imagine this: when you reach top tier bronze, you get some skins (1 armor and weapon skins similar to skins you earn with AP), that are tied to bronze tier achievements. Then you just apply this system to all existing tiers.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

hardcore group content…

Thanks for the laugh, a game where people have taken down numerous raid bosses for 10 man groups with groups of 4-6, and someone even soloed one, GW2 raids are about as hardcore as My Little Pony.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

hardcore group content…

Thanks for the laugh, a game where people have taken down numerous raid bosses for 10 man groups with groups of 4-6, and someone even soloed one, GW2 raids are about as hardcore as My Little Pony.

Have to admit i laughed at this one.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I would be satisfied if they lowered the ascended shard cost of the current ascended armor and added a new legendary backpack for season 7.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

apharma.3741

Top 250

Top 25

Top 10

• Legendary Helm*

I think this would be a terrible idea, certainly in the current system where manipulating is a common occurrence in NA. It’s also not accessible to all but the top players, I know it’s meant to be legendary but hear me out first.

Currently all Legendarys are accessible to all players regardless of format for passing a certain bar or barrier. It doesn’t matter if we had 10,000 players pass that bar, all that matters is you show the dedication and skill required to get it. With your suggestion it severely limits not just who can get the armour but also how much of it they can get.

It would exclude a very large part of the PvP (or potential PvP) population that may be just as dedicated and enjoying of PvP as the top players for no other reason than 250 people are better than them. There’s no shame in knowing your place in PvP, knowing your limitations and striving to become better but at the same time we have to acknowledge that you need to set the bar at a place where dedicated but average PvP players can hit it. I felt Legendary backpiece mostly did this as it required dedicating yourself to PvP for a while as well as playing multiple classes and winning on them.

As Cynz said though, it’s just a shame you could get it by going afk for a lot of matches.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah good looking. You gave me quite the laugh!

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Lucentfir.7430

hardcore group content…

Compared to what PVE group content was Pre-HoT, yes it’s miles more challenging. Those people who do it with 4-6 man groups maximize their their roles with build and damage rotations, and play near perfect. Soloing a raid bosses, to my understanding it was Carin and Slothsor who were solo’d. Which i might add solo’d by thief only with builds like perma dodge staff thief and perma stealth condi trapper thief(Oversighted with stealth ignoring fight mechanics with sloth) and that took 1-2 hours without any mess ups. If it were carebear EZ as you make it to be, the OP should have no problem carrying pugs to get the armor skins he wants so badly.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

There should be a way to acquire these in PvP. Either through a large ascended shard purchase of the required items or as a reward for X position. I do think that if you are top 10, you should have your choice of legendary armor piece. It provides replay ability for best players to come back for several seasons, and incentive to do better.

Or ask for like 500 ascended shards for items required to craft it, rather than having to do a raid.

Keep in mind unless position based, rewards in PvP are easier to get, so they should cost slightly higher. And Anet can easily offset that with time required to get them.

tl;dr… provide an avenue for legendary through pvp.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Lucentfir.7430

There should be a way to acquire these in PvP. Either through a large ascended shard purchase of the required items or as a reward for X position. I do think that if you are top 10, you should have your choice of legendary armor piece. It provides replay ability for best players to come back for several seasons, and incentive to do better.

Or ask for like 500 ascended shards for items required to craft it, rather than having to do a raid.

Keep in mind unless position based, rewards in PvP are easier to get, so they should cost slightly higher. And Anet can easily offset that with time required to get them.

tl;dr… provide an avenue for legendary through pvp.

If automated tournaments become a thing in the future, that should be the only way it’s obtained in Spvp. Considering all the work in collections you need to do to even craft Legendary armor in PVE.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

If automated tournaments become a thing in the future, that should be the only way it’s obtained in Spvp. Considering all the work in collections you need to do to even craft Legendary armor in PVE.

I’ve done several legendaries myself and I realize the time investment, that’s why I said, provide an avenue, but make it take a while.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

In AMA anet stated that they don’t plan any new legendary armors…so I guess they ignore wvw na pvp and want to force everyone to do raids…so this discussion is pointless…

…pointless because anet thinks that prestige items should be given to people who just spam same skill rotation and grind something over and over again.

Pvp abandoned like wvw by devs.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Top 250

Top 25

Top 10

• Legendary Helm*

I think this would be a terrible idea, certainly in the current system where manipulating is a common occurrence in NA. It’s also not accessible to all but the top players, I know it’s meant to be legendary but hear me out first.

Currently all Legendarys are accessible to all players regardless of format for passing a certain bar or barrier. It doesn’t matter if we had 10,000 players pass that bar, all that matters is you show the dedication and skill required to get it. With your suggestion it severely limits not just who can get the armour but also how much of it they can get.

It would exclude a very large part of the PvP (or potential PvP) population that may be just as dedicated and enjoying of PvP as the top players for no other reason than 250 people are better than them. There’s no shame in knowing your place in PvP, knowing your limitations and striving to become better but at the same time we have to acknowledge that you need to set the bar at a place where dedicated but average PvP players can hit it. I felt Legendary backpiece mostly did this as it required dedicating yourself to PvP for a while as well as playing multiple classes and winning on them.

As Cynz said though, it’s just a shame you could get it by going afk for a lot of matches.

Point taken.

It takes 30 days to finish up a Legendary piece, along with the daily matts for each toke, so, what about an equal amount of dedication for PvP?

But so PvE players don’t get double the tokens, it could be some other PvP specific item to craft Legendaries.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i like the legendary armors be obtainable in pvp somehow but seriously why do u really care? when most pvper have default armors option in pvp. u all look human wearing red or blue gear.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

This entire concept is what has been bleeding this games integrity dry for years…. In every other MMO anything of value was only available to those who put effort in to it. Top end raid gear went to those who had cleared the raid. If you weren’t good enough to do said raid you had to work at it until you could prove to a raiding guild you were worth taking. Same was true for PVP titles and gear. Cutting edge achievements, titles mounts went to the first to secure the kills.

This games has been trying to cater to everyone for so long that its quality has been degrading. If you want something of value the entire concept of an MMORPG is that you have to earn it. They removed the value of everything and now we have PVErs whining they can’t get AP from PVP achievements or wings from PVP and as a result they are toned down for them. We have PVPers who want raid gear….. so they will likely end up doing the same thing….. The more we bleed out the worth of what made doing hard content or polishing our PVP skills or what ever worth doing the more this game and every game to follow will lose what made this genre so fun for such long hours. Its fine to be a casuaL MMO, but this game is becoming less and less of a casual MMO and more of a friggin online babysitting service…… the problem is the baby sitter is quite obviously over worked and is just buying new toys for the kids because they are too kitten ed tired to teach them to friggin share.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i want ugly pvp legendary armor with ability to swap stats.

the pvp legendary wings are quite ugly actually.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Knetik.4356

Knetik.4356

They did the pvp community a favor. If the legendary armor was obtainable through pvp, pve players would simply jump in pvp matches and be dead weight because its easier to farm and be carried anonymously.
If a reward track was put in for legendary armor it would ruin pvp even more than it already is.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They did the pvp community a favor. If the legendary armor was obtainable through pvp, pve players would simply jump in pvp matches and be dead weight because its easier to farm and be carried anonymously.
If a reward track was put in for legendary armor it would ruin pvp even more than it already is.

Attach carrots to wins, not games played – problem solved.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yup.

slow grind if they win less but they will get it eventually.

unlike raids.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Yup agreed. Rank wins to boot.

Let it be so enduring that casuals would need to revert to its PvE option.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

ANET already stated in recent AMA that they have NO plans for new legendary armors. and Anet will not give the same legendary from raids to any game mode. so this topic is already bust.

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

awsome rewards without fixing making the game more attractive will be nothing but a temporarily solution.

U actually need to build up the base from both sides of the spectrum. build the competetive scene which thanx to the tournament of groucheroo showed they are definately quite a few teams that could A either already enter pro leagues or could get there with a bit of practice.

People actually wanna like to play pvp for what it is first and rewards which are important i understand second.

look what happend when rewards were limited in season 6 and a-net implemented any tiny bit of a faisafe to make it a bit more competetive.

The want has to be there.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Anet will not give the same legendary from raids to any game mode. so this topic is already bust.

Saurce?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Anet will not give the same legendary from raids to any game mode. so this topic is already bust.

Saurce?

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

give us ugly pvp legendary armor and everyone will be happy.

i just want the ability to change stats and free legendary armor.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

if u wanted legendary armor i suggest you try raid. same as pver tried pvp for legendary back piece.

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

if u wanted legendary armor i suggest you try raid. same as pver tried pvp for legendary back piece.

thats a bold lie and you know it. pve has a legendary backpiece.

im bad at sarcasm

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Xca.9721

just that you don´t need anything to go into pvp, meanwhile u need best gear for raids

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Deus.3980

Deus.3980

Since the change from old glory sistem pvp had many problems the actual sistem do not match the real experienced players but meet more the lucky when start tournament and actualy Place an legendary skin Will produce others problem due the pve farmers….so in the end if pvp still be in this way better no have legendary armor skin

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

apharma.3741

thats a bold lie and you know it. pve has a legendary backpiece.

It’s not a lie, many PvE players did PvP for the legendary back piece, some liked the look, others just for AP and collections.

Legendary Armor in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Every game mode has a special legendary attached to.
If you want those legendary items, play those modes.

But what you’re asking of anet simply isn’t going to happen. However, I could see them selling legendary skins in the gem shop. Just skins, not stats. That sounds like something that anet might actually consider.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.