Legendary Particles! lol!

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

countless people complain how much engi nades makes them lag, now lets wait till everyone is waving around a twilight! LOL

Legendaries on PvP, that’s gonna be epic!! can’t wait to see all ’em unicorns flying around while people yell, E-Sports!

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

They aren’t having legendaries in PvP. Lol

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

google.3709

New blog post bro lol new skills, traits and legendaries for PvP for the future!

I’m retooling thief so I can go trollbow and double quip!! If my bullets won’t kill yah, my funky sound animations will! promise made

(edited by google.3709)

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

New blog post bro lol new skills, traits and legendaries for PvP for the future!

Exactly what the community wanted!

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

That is what I wanted :P I run on full graphics on an okay computer and never have any lag issues, I somehow fail to believe a Twilight is going to break anything that bad. I call this is a bunch of doomsday prophesying and its not going to even be noticeable…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Time to kill ppl with lags <evil laugh>

in PvP

Nikkle.4013

Lags just a players fault for running at high settings on a comp that can’t handle it, but the devs have already noted how horrible team fights look. They said they will be toning down some effects but then they say there adding more. I hope they have a setting that allows you to disable effects on the enemies.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Lags just a players fault for running at high settings on a comp that can’t handle it, but the devs have already noted how horrible team fights look. They said they will be toning down some effects but then they say there adding more. I hope they have a setting that allows you to disable effects on the enemies.

On the enemies? Seems like you’d care less about the colorful stuff you’re doing (since most of the time it still provides rings for your aoes) and would rather at least see what the enemy is doing so you can react :S

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Lags just a players fault for running at high settings on a comp that can’t handle it

Running i5-3570k 4.4OC with GTX660 OC @ high settings. During close node fights with nade explosions my fps drops to 25-30fps while normally in other scenarios it would be getting 60+.

Can’t imagine those poor souls running on lesser machines. There is just no in-game setting or option to tone down particle effects.

Not entirely user or player fault. If the best consumer machine out there can’t handle WvW at steady 60fps, I would think its also something to do with the devs.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Nikkle.4013

On the enemies? Seems like you’d care less about the colorful stuff you’re doing (since most of the time it still provides rings for your aoes) and would rather at least see what the enemy is doing so you can react :S

…. As in, I don’t want an enemy swinging his legendary covering my screen with particle effects so I can’t see what skills he’s actually using…….

Not entirely user or player fault. If the best consumer machine out there can’t handle WvW at steady 60fps, I would think its also something to do with the devs.

Talking about spvp here, not wvw.

(edited by Nikkle.4013)

in PvP

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

…. As in, I don’t want an enemy swinging his legendary covering my screen with particle effects so I can’t see what skills he’s actually using…….

Talking about spvp here, not wvw.

It still relates, if a computer can handle 20v20 in WvW, why can’t it handle 5v4 in sPvP…

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in PvP

Scoobaniec.9561

Im sure legendaries will be to r80 olny anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I think a topic that has sort of died out is that this game still isn’t very optimized (might be due to particles, but it could be something else).

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

I believe Jonathan Sharp has mentioned this in the past, but I will repeat it in case you missed it. We are actually working on toning down skill particle effects.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Hi Allie

when you on it plz give option to mute this anoying pistol sounds too – thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I believe Jonathan Sharp has mentioned this in the past, but I will repeat it in case you missed it. We are actually working on toning down skill particle effects.

I know of skill particles (It’s supposed to be ready in 2-4 weeks if I remember correctly? Think Jon mentioned it on some stream once). Will Legendary particles also be toned down?

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

How will it work? Will the particles’ intensity scale with the number of skills/ players on the field, or will it be a global toning down?

My computer runs effects decently, it only starts becoming a problem when there are too many on the screen.

in PvP

Posted by: Godofallu.2935

Godofallu.2935

Frankly I find the legendary weapons to be just another way to cater to casuals and people who enjoy grinding. It’s all well and good when it doesn’t interfere with the actual game but when you add giant glowing trails to every single attack on every single person it mucks up the field of view and makes the game look sloppy.

I don’t think i’ll have lag issues because of this in TPvP but I know it’s going to be obnoxious to look at because the core principle of a legendary weapon is to give it big flashy effects that scream look at me and what I did.

When people said they wanted rewards for PvP this isn’t what they meant. I think they meant gold or gems or character exp. Maybe titles that show top 500, 300, 200, 100, 50, 10, 1. It’s frustrating people because it feels like our PvP balance team is tonedeaf and everytime we ask about the things we want it’s the same corporate response. Solo Q split and rewards are on the way but I can’t say when or i’ll be fired. We hear you loud and clear guys! Frankly I don’t think you do hear us.

PS: When we run a community night which is focused around developers being a captain and hanging out and playing with them it would be nice of you to take the time to enter voice chat. We had first time players that were running around like chickens with their heads cut off needing leadership and plenty of people who were excited just to get the chance to say hi to the legendary John “Chaplan”. People waited hours in that TS ,and were pumped for days, all for developers that never showed.

Proud GW2 Esports Guild Admin and Coach. Whisper me for duels, help, or guild invites.

(edited by Godofallu.2935)

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

Well, this thread is completely pointless.

the legendaries don’t add THAT many particles to the game. People use them all the time in WvW. If your computer can’t handle a legandary weapon particle in a 5v5 setting, maybe it’s time for you to upgrade your Windows 95.

That said, this is why we can’t have nice things. We finally get some real prizes to aim for in pvp and all we get is a QQ thread like this. Absolutely pathetic.

in PvP

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

theres a new legendary coming out.

its called [LagSwitch]

it will disconnect you on hit

OP weapon imo

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Well, this thread is completely pointless.

the legendaries don’t add THAT many particles to the game. People use them all the time in WvW. If your computer can’t handle a legandary weapon particle in a 5v5 setting, maybe it’s time for you to upgrade your Windows 95.

That said, this is why we can’t have nice things. We finally get some real prizes to aim for in pvp and all we get is a QQ thread like this. Absolutely pathetic.

I agree with you man. Some people on these forums are just miserable. They will never be satisfied with any amount of changes. It’s easy to spot the repeat offenders. Any thread that pops up, they chime in with their negativity.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

And i thought we needed balance in pvp…
I guess what we need is shinnies…

in PvP

google.3709

:) thanks for keeping in contact for the community! Love it!

and hopefully, not too much is taken away, I’m actually happy about this and I can’t wait to make a fat black norm thief that shoots unicorns!! Can’t wait!

and LOL this is far from a QQ thread ;) it’s more about rejoice and a little dark humor, I can’t wait to lag troll people :) people just happen assume everything on forums now days!

in PvP

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

IIRC I thought one of the devs implied (in a SotG I think?) that legendary skins will be reserved for top players (i.e. tourney winners and the like). I doubt this will be a problem.

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

Srsly guys? the community is crying since november for better rewards. Now we get themand there’s nothing better to do then punch them in the face? good trolls.

Im happy that i wont play for this AWESOME AND USEFULL glory anymore. gj Anet

in PvP

google.3709

I wish we knew how we’re gonna get them tho

There are 2 possible ways…

Rewards from actual organized sponsodred tourneys which would require the player to be a top player on a top team and win.
Or
They are turning legendaries into skins, so the player would have to grind PvE, make the legendary and then conver it to a PvP item
Or
maybe both ?

Either way, it won’t be easy on immediate!

Can’t wait for trollbow tho <3

in PvP

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

Cool story (bro). So we can expect this in a year or so?

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This is much needed. Particle is a problem, especially to close quarter melee characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Alafin.3714

Alafin.3714

Particle is only a problem if you play HJ all day long. And ofc on that Zerg victims 8vs8 servers.
Why should anybody QQ about HJ?

Tbh i can´t see the problem in rated matches. They are far away from “too much partivles and lags because of it”. And if they´re not, just scroll down the graphics.

No serious reason to complain about. GW2 has more important problems then ppl crying about lags in HJ.

http://www.twitch.tv/Alafinn – Part of the [MiM] female Team.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Particle is only a problem if you play HJ all day long. And ofc on that Zerg victims 8vs8 servers.
Why should anybody QQ about HJ?

Tbh i can´t see the problem in rated matches. They are far away from “too much partivles and lags because of it”. And if they´re not, just scroll down the graphics.

No serious reason to complain about. GW2 has more important problems then ppl crying about lags in HJ.

Disagree here. This issue has nothing to do with HJ. It’s a big part of tournaments either. In a teamfight so many animations are happening that dedicated dodging is not possible due to an animation-cluster. Also for shoutcasters it’s really hard to say what is actually going on. Watch a match and you will see how many things the shoutcaster can’t catch due to a mess of animations. It’s also not really enjoyable for the spectator itself.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

I wish we knew how we’re gonna get them tho

There are 2 possible ways…

Rewards from actual organized sponsodred tourneys which would require the player to be a top player on a top team and win.
Or
They are turning legendaries into skins, so the player would have to grind PvE, make the legendary and then conver it to a PvP item
Or
maybe both ?

Either way, it won’t be easy on immediate!

Can’t wait for trollbow tho <3

2nd way will be epicly stupid if they do it like this. Ur a pvper since launch and u have to go pve for months to get twillight just to convert it so i can use it in pvp? Its now stupid to go pve to make money for gems or fused weps, so bring MUCH MORE pve grind to get legend? Rlly…
They will make it probably as reward for big tournament winners, which means mortals can’t achieve them (but in pve U can do it easily if U just devote time)
The best solution would be buying the skin for glory – sunrise for hmm 1mil glory or something, gettin this ammount needs few months time so it would be like in pve, there shouldn’t be the situation where in pvp a skin need 20x more effeort than in pve (Which is already ith armors).

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Warrior Greatsword meta for 2nd half of 2013:

1. Equip legendary Greatsword. The shinier the better

2. When meeting enemies, draw Greatsword and wait for his GPU to automatically overclock/overheat/explode

3. Cast 100-Blades. If using Legendary, the enemy should not be able to react at all

Result: Profit

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Lags just a players fault for running at high settings on a comp that can’t handle it

Running i5-3570k 4.4OC with GTX660 OC @ high settings. During close node fights with nade explosions my fps drops to 25-30fps while normally in other scenarios it would be getting 60+.

Can’t imagine those poor souls running on lesser machines. There is just no in-game setting or option to tone down particle effects.

hmmm. I’m running i5-3570k stock with gtx 660 ti at high settings and it doesn’t drop that low with close nade fights. ( I run engi so nade “spamming” is nothing new). Though I’m not a complete professional when it comes to computer builds and don’t know the exact difference between a regular 660 and a ti. Oh and this is in sPvP so I assume you must mean WvW?

Anyways, legendary spear shark animation for underwater combat ftw! (yes I’m the few who enjoy, mildy, the underwater combat)

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Wait a second.. you mean to tell me there are computers out there crappy enough that they lag from legendaries? And people try to play an MMO on them?

Lol!

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Wait a second.. you mean to tell me there are computers out there crappy enough that they lag from legendaries? And people try to play an MMO on them?

Lol!

There are computers, like mine’s, that play GW2 perfectly well except when there’s too many particle effects on the screen. Computers that, may I add, are within the range of the spec requirements defined by Anet, and whose lag only comes from specific situations and not from the game as a whole.

in PvP

Posted by: Jagerbomb.9057

Jagerbomb.9057

Stupid idea. Toning down legendaries will make them less legendary. I haven’t even got mine yet and people like you are going to make them crap before i can even get mine. ive been in wvw with groups of people with loads of legendaries and dont lag a bit. Upgrade your pc before you downgrade legendaries for people who work their backsides off for.

in PvP

Scoobaniec.9561

In reality i don’t know how its could affect performance..Even in wvw in group fights 20vs20 i don’t have any problems with fps on maxed (-supersampling as its effects are mediocre at best) standing in fact on 40-50fps.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They’ll probably give us a slider anyway like they did with culling. I wouldn’t worry.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

time to use them twilight bunker guard to hide them dps asuras

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748