Legendary PvP Armor Thoughts

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

It’s something us PvP players really wanted and it’s great. Except there’s no bragging rights to it; something that tells people we have Legendary PvP armor.

I feel It should be something of a feet, though perhaps not moreso than showing off our high rank division, but I would like some attire specific change to the Legendary armor. Maybe a full set puts out a dim glow? Battle stance shoots out a burst effect similar to The Ascension?

It’s a Legendary armor after all. It can’t just.. be there. People should feel and look proud while wearing it. Instead, we forget that we have it on sometimes.

Please add some form of external expression. No new titles please!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

These entitlement posts are tiresome. If you want those, play PvE. It’s already great that we have cheap/accessible legendary armors in PvP/WvW.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

If you want fancy legendary armor effects then go raid.

The means and effort of acquiring pvp legendary is fine and doesn’t deserve anything else.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

These entitlement posts are tiresome. If you want those, play PvE. It’s already great that we have cheap/accessible legendary armors in PvP/WvW.

I don’t know about that. I agree with OP.
Legendary armor should express Game-mode and wearers Experience/ Status with it, not just cheap uninteresting look. PvPers do not need the Armor stats so it doesn’t make that much sense for them to craft Legendary armor apart for “PvP-like Skin”.
But then, it is just one step away from PvP Legendary Weapons aswell, which would just be bad.
So, I do not literally mind the PvP Armor being absolutely boring, but it is the one reason I won’t craft it, even though I’d have a great use for it.

PS: Let’s face it, Legendary was never about anything else but Skin and “Status”.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

(edited by Alatar.7364)

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Entitlement? I’m no millennial, I don’t feel entitled to anything and I work hard for what I have. All I’m asking for is something that indicates we’re using PvP Legendary armor.

Heck, I don’t even care if it’s just 5 small radio dots around our small division tag near our names… this isn’t asking much.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I wish I hadn’t spend my ascended shards of glory on the skins

We don’t need special legendary armor.

1. No one will notice it because they’re using standard models
  2. We don’t need even more particle effects cluttering PvP
Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I don’t know, some of us seem to be afraid to ask for more. If you don’t where do those actually good changes in PvP come from? (This is where we go down the full-of-assumption-but-it’s-true they don’t really care about us route.)

It’s not like if we say too much they might take away the texture from PvP legendaries… oh skritt am i giving them ideas

Personally, I think our own appearances matter much more to us than others (duh), and it’s how we think we’re perceived that brings about the bigger part of (internal) validation.

I don’t really care what you wear unless it looks like something I can use for reference. Otherwise, I’m happy you’re happy. The keywords are forgettable strangers.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i dunno about this but it looks like most pvp players, well at least those who still play cares about dumb title and floating things above their heads.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Aden.9306

Aden.9306

Guild Wars 2 should add more cosmetic rewards for pvp players. I pvp and I like cosmetics too. They should put a significantly tweaked version of Perfected Envoy Armor for people who more less like to pvp to grind for.

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

I am about to craft my first piece and let me tell ya, I agree with OP. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll use it not stop in both wvw and whatever pve I might do, but that being said it still takes a good amount of time and gold to complete. Having something to indicate that I have legendary would be great. Even if it is a small fire on the shoulders similar to the The Ascension.

in PvP

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I agree give pvpler a real legendary armor, don’t be so cheap Anet !

U could give pvpler the same legendary armor as raiders just do some small changes lets say another particle effect finish.

People who play pvp are not lazy they paid the same as pveler and put the same effort in

in PvP

Posted by: Anna.7845

Anna.7845

I think they could’ve made it something like WvW mistforged hentai armor…I mean sublime armor.Armor would be the same pvp armor but with chest piece particle effect or something since they want Perfected Envoy to be raid only.

PvP, Raids, Fractal CMs, Lore-hunting and some RP

(edited by Anna.7845)

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

I am about to craft my first piece and let me tell ya, I agree with OP. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll use it not stop in both wvw and whatever pve I might do, but that being said it still takes a good amount of time and gold to complete. Having something to indicate that I have legendary would be great. Even if it is a small fire on the shoulders similar to the The Ascension.

Approximately 2,500 gold to accumulate a total of 2,250 Gift materials for all 5 Legendary pieces (I do that math right?). Not counting countless hours in the seasons for tickets to craft the other Gifts.

Yea, I wouldn’t mind a small insignificant fire on my shoulder similar to The Ascension, too.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

kitten , I hadn’t calculated the gold. That’s a lot.

And by the looks of it, I’ll only be able to craft one piece of legendary armor for the next 2 seasons. The rest will take longer since I don’t have the base ascended armor for the rest. ;_;

in PvP

Posted by: Grimheart.2853

Grimheart.2853

Devs made it clear they’re not doing another pack of legendary armor skins any time soon. And any time soon in this case means probably never.

People from PvP and WvW were babbling that they need their stat-swap without having to go raiding. A-Net made a grumpy sound, added a legy upgrade to respevtive armor sets and mentally asked people to kitten off with that request. Your legendary PvP/WvW armor has no prestige and swag behind it because it was never intended to in the first place. Period.

(edited by Grimheart.2853)

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

ping your armor on the map every now and then that might help you get over with it.

It’s not a legendary armor, it’s an ascended armor with upgrades for stat swap. It was advertised as such, developed as such. You want to feel legendary ? Get that moon in next monthly

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Devs made it clear they’re not doing another pack of legendary armor skins any time soon. And any time soon in this case means probably never.

That’s not exactly what we’re asking for.

See the below picture link. Each yellow circle around our division represent a PvP Legendary Piece that we have made (not necessarily something we need to wear for this to show). Five armor pieces and The Ascension. Very minimal, simplistic, and it gets straight to the point. This is something i’m fine with.

https://ibb.co/jyx2KF
(title error but 2 lazy 2 fix)

It’s not a legendary armor, it’s an ascended armor with upgrades for stat swap. It was advertised as such, developed as such. You want to feel legendary ? Get that moon in next monthly

That’s your opinion. It’s Legendary armor because… it is. That’s a fact. If it’s just Ascended armor, they would have left it as just that.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Grimheart.2853

See the below picture link. Each yellow circle around our division represent a PvP Legendary Piece that we have made (not necessarily something we need to wear for this to show). Five armor pieces and The Ascension. Very minimal, simplistic, and it gets straight to the point. This is something i’m fine with.

(title error but 2 lazy 2 fix)

That’s your opinion. It’s Legendary armor because… it is. That’s a fact. If it’s just Ascended armor, they would have left it as just that.

That is just plain and simple wrong on numerous levels.

Before you show me what you’re (as if, singular you) asking for, you could read the next half of my post.

And no, it’s not their opinion, it’s basically a fact, while your “fact”, ironicaly, is an opinion. Again, refer to the second half of my post that you seemingly disregarded.

(edited by Grimheart.2853)

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Before you show me what [you are] asking for, you could read the next half of my post.

And no, it’s not their opinion, it’s basically a fact. Again, refer to the second half of my post that you seemingly disregarded.

People from PvP and WvW were babbling that they need their stat-swap without having to go raiding. A-Net made a grumpy sound, added a legy upgrade to respevtive armor sets and mentally asked people to kitten off with that request. Your legendary PvP/WvW armor has no prestige and swag behind it because it was never intended to in the first place. Period.

I read it (past tense). Now read my post where I submitted the picture link. Now click on that link.

Let me take a step further and post a quote from GW2,

“There are no plans to release another set in the future. Legendary armor was introduced to PvP and WvW with the Aug 8th, 2017 balance patch. Since this is an upgrade, the stat-swappable armor does not include a new unique skin but is instead the same skin as the ascended piece that was upgraded.

So yes, I understand what you’re saying and I understand Anet’s grounds on the armor. It is Legendary armor and I am not asking for a new skin here. Just because the armor is an Upgraded version, does not make it the same exact armor. That’s what you need to understand.

Asking for some form of acknowledgement that we have the armor, isn’t going against Anet’s words at all. Not asking for another set. Not asking for skins.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Original post:

Maybe a full set puts out a dim glow? Battle stance shoots out a burst effect similar to The Ascension?
It’s a Legendary armor after all. It can’t just.. be there. People should feel and look proud while wearing it. Instead, we forget that we have it on sometimes.

The flip flop is real.

In the OP, asked for legendary effects. When being confronted, flip flop to “No I wanted a different division icon.”

In anycase, I’d rather them spend more time on real features instead of wasting time on this. For example:

• Fix Aura visual so it’s easier to tell
  • Red outlines on targeted enemy
  • PTR for PvP patches
  • Monthly balance patches
Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Grimheart.2853

Before you show me what [you are] asking for, you could read the next half of my post.

And no, it’s not their opinion, it’s basically a fact. Again, refer to the second half of my post that you seemingly disregarded.

I read it (past tense). Now read my post where I submitted the picture link. Now click on that link.

Let me take a step further and post a quote from GW2,

“There are no plans to release another set in the future. Legendary armor was introduced to PvP and WvW with the Aug 8th, 2017 balance patch. Since this is an upgrade, the stat-swappable armor does not include a new unique skin but is instead the same skin as the ascended piece that was upgraded.

So yes, I understand what you’re saying and I understand Anet’s grounds on the armor. It is Legendary armor and I am not asking for a new skin here. Just because the armor is an Upgraded version, does not make it the same exact armor. That’s what you need to understand.

Asking for some form of acknowledgement that we have the armor, isn’t going against Anet’s words at all. Not asking for another set. Not asking for skins.

Aside from that gentleman’s/lady’s quote calling you out on your own inconsistency, I’ll say this:

I read your post. I clicked the link. Now refer to my post I refered to earlier, read it thoroughly and try to actually process the information given to you.

Okay, fine, I’ll do it for you.

Your legendary PvP armor has no prestige behind it, nor was it ever intended to. People wanted a purple frame around their armor and an ability to swap their stats for free, people in PvP and WvW modes, people that did not want to obtain it through raids. Devs adressed that exact request with the legendary upgrade for PvP.

Here, I’m in a good mood, I’ll leave you a relatively simple TL;DR: your legendary pvp set was never supposed to be prestigrful and was never supposed to be something you can show off. Period.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Original post:

Maybe a full set puts out a dim glow? Battle stance shoots out a burst effect similar to The Ascension?

The flip flop is real.

In the OP, asked for legendary effects. When being confronted, flip flop to “No I wanted a different division icon.”

In anycase, I’d rather them spend more time on real features instead of wasting time on this. For example:

• Fix Aura visual so it’s easier to tell
  • Red outlines on targeted enemy
  • PTR for PvP patches
  • Monthly balance patches

In all fairness my second post in this thread said I wanted “something”… I never went back asking for a visual skin suggestion after the discussion went further.

I guess the PvP community is against it so I guess we won’t bother Anet even though its the best moment of time for the devs to make such an addition. It’s not like they don’t have huge funding for the expansion or anything…

I don’t know why so many are against this.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Here, I’m in a good mood, I’ll leave you a relatively simple TL;DR: your legendary pvp set was never supposed to be prestigrful and was never supposed to be something you can show off. Period.

And this right here is why, as a raider, I am not upset with WvW or PvP getting Legendary Armor even though Anet said it was only going to be for raids. Since it doesn’t have a unique look, I can’t blame Anet for giving them a Legendary since the Legendary look is still only in raids (even though Foe-fire gloves are more Legendary than anything on the actual armor and the WvW tier 3 armor beats most of it as well).

Another things that makes me laugh is why do sPvP players need Legendary armor? It’s not like you actually need the armor to change stats. WvW players needing it I can understand but sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

i would rather they just change the legendary armor to a unique cool skin, even with only ascended stats, ill spend all my saved no-use ascended shards for them.
im not going to use my shards and all the mats just to make a legendary armor which i already have in my wardrobe as skin…why would i, when i can just save these for legendary weapon…not like i don’t have full meta pve stats gear already…

in PvP

Posted by: phalaris.5134

phalaris.5134

I love the idea that you can get Legendary armor in your preferred game mode, whether WvW, sPvP or the PVE (here Raid) option. The main important feature is that you can swap stats and change runes/infusion to your liking in a heartbeat.

The prestige look from the RAID Legendary armor is somewhat special because it was the only way to get legendary armor ni tge first place. After numerous complaints, they implemented for the PVE phlegmatic player a legendary armor option, yet not as shiny as the Original RAID Legendary counterparts.

To be honest, its easier to ‘grind’ your way to legendary armor in sPvP and WvW than raiding, considering you don’t have a “special forces” group involved, raiding 24/7.

I personally don’t think that they need yet again another special look to differentiate between Legendary and Ascended Parts.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I couls agree to adding some special flavor to pvp legendary armor, but only for people who actually make real accomplishments in pvp, not just adding.

Maybe anet can add an item for the top 5 in leaderboard and for monthly winning teams. You use the item to modify the appearance of your pvp legendary armor. Maybe a special aura or something. I think that’s some real prestige.

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

And this right here is why, as a raider, I am not upset with WvW or PvP getting Legendary Armor even though Anet said it was only going to be for raids. Since it doesn’t have a unique look, I can’t blame Anet for giving them a Legendary since the Legendary look is still only in raids (even though Foe-fire gloves are more Legendary than anything on the actual armor and the WvW tier 3 armor beats most of it as well).

Another things that makes me laugh is why do sPvP players need Legendary armor? It’s not like you actually need the armor to change stats. WvW players needing it I can understand but sPvP?

You don’t understand because you assume all PvPrs just sit in the PvP lobby all day and never do any content outside of that.

You can queue for PvP in PvE and WvW. And having a way to get gear helps a PvPr get into WvW and PvE without having to worry about another grind. Getting PvP gear isn’t easy if you just do PvP…it takes the longest out of all the modes and is timegated heavily by the Seasons.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I won’t bother earning the legendary due to it’s lack of effects. I’m a PvP player, I have no need for stat swapping.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)