Legendary SoloQ?

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Magicarp.5640

Magicarp.5640

Hi guys, recently I met this guy who is legendary saying that he got from ruby to legendary in a week soloq without ever partying with anyone , and he says hes a student so he doesn’t have a lot of time to play.

What I want to ask is:

1. Is it possible to reach legenday from ruby within a week by soloq?

2. How long does it take the average Esports player to reach legendary Soloq.

I just want to burst his bubble of lies if he’s lying.

Thanks all.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

its all RNG realy………

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

if he’s a student he has A LOT of time to play.

i’m a stay at home dad taking care of our 11 months daughter.
i only play 1 or 3 ranked games per day.

i’m finally 0/25 sapphire today.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Do the math. Ruby to legendary is 75 pips. With a 60% winrate you would need at least 188 matches. Take 5 mins q time and 10 mins game time, that would be 2820 mins, or 47 hours. 47 hours in a week is slightly less than 7 hours a day so..

Busted liar.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

7 hours a day is really not a problem for a student.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

and he says hes a student so he doesn’t have a lot of time to play.

… Good one.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Magicarp.5640

Magicarp.5640

Need more statistics, gonna burst his bubble hard. thanks all

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

Do the math. Ruby to legendary is 75 pips. With a 60% winrate you would need at least 188 matches. Take 5 mins q time and 10 mins game time, that would be 2820 mins, or 47 hours. 47 hours in a week is slightly less than 7 hours a day so..

Busted liar.

I often get 2 or 3 pips a win when fighting against premade, and sometimes don’t lose any pips or even win a pip from losing vs premades.

So your maths are a bit flawed because of this imo.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Busted liar.

I often get 2 or 3 pips a win when fighting against premade, and sometimes don’t lose any pips or even win a pip from losing vs premades.

It works both ways tbh. I lose 2 pips sometimes too. So yeah, this is on the assumption you get 1 pip per win and lose 1 pip per loss.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

Hi guys, recently I met this guy who is legendary saying that he got from ruby to legendary in a week soloq without ever partying with anyone , and he says hes a student so he doesn’t have a lot of time to play.

What I want to ask is:

Thanks all.

Is it possible? Yes! Is it probable? No. But if he played 8+ hours a day and had some good RNG id say sure its possible. And some ESL players are still ruby and diamond. But they are not try harding. I honestly dont care either. Matchmaking is so broken. They didnt reset MMR at the beginning of the season. Etc Etc Etc. But seriously why would you be so intent on bashing someone else? Are you trying to say you cant get to legend solo queuing? Bc you can. And ive watched someone who is almost there. Leet0, was 3 pips from legend only solo queuing. He’s a twitch streamer. He isnt doing it in a week of course. Also legend Que times can be 20+ minutes. The week thing may be embellished a bit i think.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Prepare to rage a lot once you get to Ruby and Diamond, it’s the same people.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

Busted liar.

It works both ways tbh. I lose 2 pips sometimes too. So yeah, this is on the assumption you get 1 pip per win and lose 1 pip per loss.

Yeah but as a soloQer I feel like it happens a lot more in your way.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

What I want to ask is:

Thanks all.

1. No

2. There are 168 hours in a week. With a solid team working your way though Ruby to Diamond is possible, but even with a very good win rate you’d need about 50 hours of play. Ruby to Legendary… a great deal of luck has to be your side. Two pro players attempting to exclusively solo queue as far as they could in EU are Lord Helseith and Letto. It took both of them many weeks to work from Amber to Diamond. I’m not even sure either of them have made it to Legendary though solo queue yet.

Regarding him being a student and “not having much time to play”, keep in mind time duration here is relative. Before he got to college he may have played every waking hour when not in school. 10-hours a day in game is nothing for some. You have “gamers” who really don’t do much else with their life. I have some strong opinions about that, but I’ll save them…. In college he may have had to tone it down to 5-6 hours a day, so relative to what he was playing he’s “not playing that much”. But compared to any productive adult or even teen with other activities in their life, he’s still playing a kitten of a lot!

One thing about gaming culture I’ve learned is that people never talk about how much time you spend in game. The answer is always “it didn’t take me that long”.

Legendary SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

One thing about gaming culture I’ve learned is that people never talk about how much time you spend in game. The answer is always “it didn’t take me that long”.

So true +1
Everything is relative. When i play, “average” time for me is 1-2 hours. A LOT for me would be 3 hours which for others would be a very short session.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "