Less than 2 months till season resets

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

I’m a little curious as to why the seasons are so short. I would think most people don’t have time to spend 5+ hours a day doing ranked, but it seems like that’s what it would take to make it to diamond/legendary in less than 2 months.

Wouldn’t something like 4 months be more appropriate?

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

well, you just need an insanely high win-rate and it’s not that hard…. or you know, you can tank your MMR when you can loose games without loosing pips and then farm some easy wins, like some abusers do atm. -.-°

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Getting diamond/legendary is supposed to be only for the extremely good and/or devoted. It’s counterintuitive to the rest of GW2, but it was designed to be.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I thought the season would be longer too. But I guess it means sooner than later balance patch.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Getting diamond/legendary is supposed to be only for the extremely good and/or devoted. It’s counterintuitive to the rest of GW2, but it was designed to be.

That would still be the case if the season was twice as long. It would just give people who are decent, but have jobs/irl commitments, a chance to make it to the division they belong in.

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

That would still be the case if the season was twice as long. It would just give people who are decent, but have jobs/irl commitments, a chance to make it to the division they belong in.

But then you would only need to be half as devoted. You aren’t supposed to be “decent” and make it to legendary, sorry.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Currently it seems the league is only for players who are abusing the system.

a) push your mmr to the ground on the start of each division or
b) play to times, where you are not facing suitable oppoents
-> have a high win rate and therefore gain a lot of pips -> legendary incoming!

Play “normal” (50% win rate) on a high mmr level (while facing other high mmr opponents) -> stay on ruby.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Browrain.7346

But then you would only need to be half as devoted. You aren’t supposed to be “decent” and make it to legendary, sorry.

I didn’t say decent players belonged in legendary. They deserve to end up in the division that is representative of their skill, whether that be emerald, ruby, diamond, etc. As it stands a lot of good players don’t have the opportunity to climb to the division they belong in because of how short the season is.

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

I didn’t say decent players belonged in legendary. They deserve to end up in the division that is representative of their skill, whether that be emerald, ruby, diamond, etc. As it stands a lot of good players don’t have the opportunity to climb to the division they belong in because of how short the season is.

Weird, this is very much not at all what you were saying in your OP. The problem is how you gain pips, as pointed out above. Not how long you have to gain them.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Weird, this is very much not at all what you were saying in your OP. The problem is how you gain pips, as pointed out above. Not how long you have to gain them.

Weird, in my OP I said people would have to spend 5+ hours a day doing ranked just to have a chance at diamond/legendary. Didn’t mention skill level at all, which obviously will factor in.

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Didn’t mention skill level at all, which obviously will factor in.

No, skill level is not factored into the league system. Which is THE big problem of the league system.

It does not matter if you win against a low mmr player or a high mmr player. The reward is still only a pip.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Didn’t mention skill level at all, which obviously will factor in.

No, skill level is not factored into the league system. Which is THE big problem of the league system.

It does not matter if you win against a low mmr player or a high mmr player. The reward is still only a pip.

….

When I say it’s a factor, I mean an inherent one. The better you are, the more likely you are to win. I know the system can contradict this by putting you with lower mmr players or against premades, but that’s an entirely different issue.

in PvP

Teutos.8620

The better you are, the more likely you are to win.

Not if the mmr system works how it should. If you are better, than you are also facing better opponents and therefore you are winning as much games as a bad player facing bad opponents.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

The better you are, the more likely you are to win.

Not if the mmr system works how it should. If you are better, than you are also facing better opponents and therefore you are winning as much games as a bad player facing bad opponents.

Which I mentioned before. That’s a matchmaking issue, which I agree should be changed but it’s not what this topic is about.