Let's be honest here...

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Aizza.4950

Aizza.4950

Everyone complains about how EASY getting ascended is in PvP, but really it shouldn’t be possible…how does PvP, with normalized stats get an ascended reward system, when WvW doesn’t have one. WvW actually benefits from ascended armor! PvP players have no need for it. It’s really odd.

Guild Officer|Head Recruiter|Strait Outta Kryta [KRTA]
SBI NA Fight Guild|4 WvW Raids/week Mail me for info
Champion Illusionist|Champion Shadow|Champion Magus|Champion Paragon|Champion Genius

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Lets be honest and realize that technically you don’t need anything in sPvP. Therefore there should never be any rewards of any type and sPvP players should just be copperless toons in starter gear.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I agree that they need to look into moving the ascended gear to WvW, the other rewards are nice though, 20g every repeat, and you can repeat that once a day if you can be bothered,

They should have made it for PvP that instead of ascended gear, it was exclusive PvP skins, this would have given PvP players a reward, and stopped the PvE players from afk farming for free ascended armor.

Lets be honest and realize that technically you don’t need anything in sPvP. Therefore there should never be any rewards of any type and sPvP players should just be copperless toons in starter gear.

Sadly if anet made it that there was no reward at all in PvP, the playerbase would drop even lower than now, this game doesn’t have the numbers to handle that drop off, not for PvP anyway.

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

How does PvP, with normalized stats get an ascended reward system, when WvW doesn’t have one?

How? By being a PvP season reward. The only remote comparison to PvP seasons in WvW are the tournaments they did in 2013 and 2014. I’m sure if WvW tourneys made a return they’d implement an identical reward scheme, just with ascended versions of the Mistforged Hero gear.

Ultimately, it’s in ArenaNet’s best interest to tap into the greater PvE population if they want to make PvP seasons popular and keep the game mode alive. It’s a great idea, and I think most would agree it’s been a pretty resounding success.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

PvP already is one of the worst ways to make money. The second it gets something new and unique people start complaining its unfair? PvP didn’t even have rewards for over an YEAR! All we had was silly little skins that we couldn’t even wear outside of HOTM.

Oh, bite me

Please, instead of asking for them to remove PvP rewards, acknowledge the fact that wvw is much more favored when it comes to rewards. SPECIALLY when you take into consideration that you’re ‘’time gated’’ to get decent rewards out of PvP because you can’t reach those rewards on offseason

Its unfair, QQ.QQ.QQ.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Bio Flame.4276

Bio Flame.4276

I agree that they need to look into moving the ascended gear to WvW, the other rewards are nice though, 20g every repeat, and you can repeat that once a day if you can be bothered,

They should have made it for PvP that instead of ascended gear, it was exclusive PvP skins, this would have given PvP players a reward, and stopped the PvE players from afk farming for free ascended armor.

Sadly if anet made it that there was no reward at all in PvP, the playerbase would drop even lower than now, this game doesn’t have the numbers to handle that drop off, not for PvP anyway.

So, if you need to have PvE rewards, to attract PvE players to get enough numbers to play PvP…

…..what does that tell you about how good the PvP actually is?

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

You forgot about the rewards system at launch (inb4 memberberry) where we got skins for our lockers and certain skins held prestige, because they were linked with the PvP level grind that used to be an actual grind.

I memmmber the first time I saw a Shark finisher, because we faced Good Fights in a team queue and freaking out, because it was so awesome and they had coordinated bursts we’d never seen before.

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

PvP is only good for reward tracks and dailies.

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

PvP is only good for reward tracks and dailies.

and fun

fun in seeking the challenge and winning

:)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Personally I have very little interest in WvW because you need to grind gear to play it, and there would be considerable expense if you want to change your build. If I already have a set of ascended gear, I would be more likely to participate in WvW. Ironic isn’t it…

Let's be honest here...

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

PvP already is one of the worst ways to make money. The second it gets something new and unique people start complaining its unfair? PvP didn’t even have rewards for over an YEAR! All we had was silly little skins that we couldn’t even wear outside of HOTM.

Oh, bite me

Please, instead of asking for them to remove PvP rewards, acknowledge the fact that wvw is much more favored when it comes to rewards. SPECIALLY when you take into consideration that you’re ‘’time gated’’ to get decent rewards out of PvP because you can’t reach those rewards on offseason

Its unfair, QQ.QQ.QQ.

I’m sorry to say you’re massively mistaken.

WvW loses its profitability quickly when you consider expenses like siege and food. This usually hovers around 3-5g/hour and typically results in net losses in money.