Let's disable elite specs!

in PvP

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

Just for a week, only in PvP, and in between seasons of course.

If this does happen I’d also like to see a poll to see how many people prefer this…

I don’t expect a lot of support for this idea but you have to admit, it would be a neat experiment…

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

After buying HoT I logged into GW2 PvP. I spelunked into WvW a tiny bit, unlocked an elite spec kitten ing around, but other than those couple hours havent looked sideways at any of all that HoT content.

I’ve wondered about PvP if Elite specs were suddenly no longer present. It makes me wonder why I’d have HoT at all XD

So does your request come with a HoT refund? :p

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

It would be a kinda fun experiment to bring it back for a week, but I don’t think Anet would do it. It would also be interesting to see a queue for core specs only. I recall a lot of people agree that balance was at it’s best a little bit before the expansion pack hit.

It’d probably split the PvP base up some more however (unless literally everyone just wanted to queue for core spec only =P).

(edited by Zynt.5769)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I think the balance will be even worse w/o elite spec.
Warrior will probably be ultra dominant.

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

I already disaled them by not any playing elite specs. In this meta I play warrior and thief both are not daredevil and not berserker.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I think the balance will be even worse w/o elite spec.
Warrior will probably be ultra dominant.

You’d be wrong, but ok. Strong, but not be all end all. Could be said of many.

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

As always Classic Bunker mid Support Guardian !

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Some classes that were good before hot would be hurting due to some of the “balance” changes made to compensate for elite specs.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

It would be a kinda fun experiment to bring it back for a week, but I don’t think Anet would do it. It would also be interesting to see a queue for core specs only. I recall a lot of people agree that balance was at it’s best a little bit before the expansion pack hit.

It’d probably split the PvP base up some more however (unless literally everyone just wanted to queue for core spec only =P).

Well since HoT, they removed Celestial, Soldiers, Sentinel, Cleric amulet…

Those ammy where the META.

So, if they remove HoT for a week, they should give back those ammy.

More, they did nerf some CORE skills and traits to try to balanced HoT mess. So your memories are only, the real thing there.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Id rather they remove the June 2015 patch where the completely revamped the way traits were chosen. Build variety thrown out of the window.

I dont support the removal of HOT. It would be a bad marketing move on ANETs part. Its a LOSE/LOSE for them.

If people end up liking Non HOT better it could impact sales and cause people to request non HOT arenas.

If people hate it then it will just prove beyond any doubt (for that one person out there that still believes in ANETs original message that Elite specs are not an upgrade but another way to play) that you must buy HOT to be competitve.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "