Let us pick our PvP maps already

in PvP

Posted by: Morpeth.5318

Morpeth.5318

Ever other game I play that has multiple pvp maps lets me pick which maps I want to queue for, I don’t know why ANET won’t wake up and do this. The voting thing is dumb especially when 9 people vote for a map, and the 10th wins with some map no one wants.

Lots of times people just afk or eff around if it’s a map they don’t like, I’ve even given up from time to time on lame maps (even taken desertion cause I’m so effing annoyed when I get the same lame map 3x in a row) Just let people pick already, it would take minimal time to set that up, just do it already.

(edited by Morpeth.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Sure lets increase queue times even more….

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

The way you propose it is not feasible (queue for a specific map), but the lottery should be eliminated during map selection. You get presented the options, then vote, the map with the most votes wins, period. If the vote ends in a tie: like 5v5, or 3v3v3 and one non-voter, then lottery can kick in. Preferably the selection would not be only 3 maps but all the maps currently in play in the corresponding game mode.

Yes, the fact that there is always one guy who votes for Khylo annoys me as well.

in PvP

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

The way you propose it is not feasible (queue for a specific map), but the lottery should be eliminated during map selection. You get presented the options, then vote, the map with the most votes wins, period. If the vote ends in a tie: like 5v5, or 3v3v3 and one non-voter, then lottery can kick in. Preferably the selection would not be only 3 maps but all the maps currently in play in the corresponding game mode.

Yes, the fact that there is always one guy who votes for Khylo annoys me as well.

Nothing wrong with the way it is right now.

If they made it the way you are saying, all you would see would be Legacy of Foefire.

This isn’t true. I don’t like Legacy of Foefire, it’s blank and void of personality. I like my maps curvy and full of surprises.

So if one in a ten game I can get Kyhlo, you better cope with it if I won because I also deserve playing the maps I like playing.
My vote should have as much weight as other in deciding which map we will play and that’s exactly what the current system does.

(edited by snaplemouton.1294)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, the current system works great. Kudos to Anet on it really. It gives the fairest chance for everyone to play the maps they want to play. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds