Lets come with ideas to nerf thief/mes/warr

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I have collated the most common ideas in the OP. Good work people, we are making progress.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

I think d/p thf is fine. What needs a nerf is the d/d and vault evade spamming variants. Don’t know how though. I don’t think mesmer needs a nerf. It gets shut down by d/p thf and dh rather easily. What do people think about mesmer that is over performing right now?

As for war, i don’t think it’s op but i also don’t really know what class is supposed to counter it. I would imagine that necros counter warriors but my impression has been that necros hate facing stacked warrior teams, probably because of the cc spam and resistance uptime.

Necros counters wariors?

This is why devs should ever listen to players.

Its amazing u think that necros counter warriors.
And some of u ask me why i rage so much…….

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Warrior is indeed a bit to much. Skull grinder needs a bit shave. Also defy pain as a passive damage negation is somewhat bad and i would repace it with a team support skill.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think d/p thf is fine. What needs a nerf is the d/d and vault evade spamming variants. Don’t know how though. I don’t think mesmer needs a nerf. It gets shut down by d/p thf and dh rather easily. What do people think about mesmer that is over performing right now?

As for war, i don’t think it’s op but i also don’t really know what class is supposed to counter it. I would imagine that necros counter warriors but my impression has been that necros hate facing stacked warrior teams, probably because of the cc spam and resistance uptime.

Whenever anyone ever gets hit by a moa they automatically think mesmer is OP forever. Some people just hold a grudge against mesmer and always, literally always, want to nerf it

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Mesmer doesn’t need nerfing, Warrior doesn’t need nerfing.

If these characters were unequivocally carrying games, I’d say they need nerfs but they don’t so…. they don’t

I have to agree since I suck on both these classes, and I can reliably beat both with any other class I play.

Necros counters wariors?

Necros and warriors actually counter each other. It’s a 50/50 duel depending on the builds played. A necro focused on corruptions has a decent chance to win against warrior, but other types usually fail to do so.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

(edited by Yannir.4132)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

OP updated thanks to the feedback. We are making progress. Well done all.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Hmm whem moa hits me it´s not the worlds end ….. I often just turn and hit 5. If i am not focused i might even attack. OK CC + focus is the end but that rarely happens. We are not in 5 man ESL teams.

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

Why the sudden calls to gut mesmer? Do you want to remove it’s one viable build from competitive play completely because Helseth posted a video?

Again… Signet of Humility has a huge tell, can be blocked and evaded, only hits targets in front of the mesmer, and a very long cool down.

A mesmer cannot move while using Blurred Frenzy, so just don’t stand in front of them.

You can block or dodge the phantasm proc of shield 4.

(edited by SaltAndLight.4652)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Necros counters wariors?

Necros do counter Warrors Prince. It’s just a matter of what skills you’re using and when.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Necros counters wariors?

Not sure why you’re so upset. I already mentioned why necros hate facing warriors, but condi damage is the only thing that hurts a warrior until endure painx2 is over, assuming you can convert resistance fast enough. Which leads me to believe a necro can’t 1v1 a warrior due to the resistance and f1 spam but they are excellent for melting away a warrior in a team fight via boon corruption.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

OP updated thanks to the feedback. We are making progress. Well done all.

BF is not the problem with mesmer nor chrono. Its CD is fine as it is, its a completely stationary attack that you can easily walk out of. Or throw up retaliation and watch any less than competent mesmer kill themselves.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Necros counters wariors?

Necros do counter Warrors Prince. It’s just a matter of what skills you’re using and when.

We have to agree to disagree here.
Cause warrior can tank a necro , but a necro will melt if not carefull and rime the skills.
Im talking about 1v1, and ofc if i know hes build i can try to counter it, same to any other class.
But if u go into pvp with a necro and u see a warrior on point , chances are u going to lose .
U can say necro counter engies
And guards counter thievs
U cant say necros counter warriors

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Honestly I think all three of them are fine right now, mesmer already had shield, moa, etc. nerfed as well as toughness due to the removal of amulets as well as a balance in self healing.

Thief can actually do it’s job now but is still squishy, I’ve never had a moment where a thief was unbeatable, just annoying.

Warrior feels exceptionally well to play and fight, it feels like an actual warrior. high damage, decent mobility, but also super reliant on stances to compensate for low defenses.