Lets make our own Arena League!

in PvP

Posted by: Jadda.1753

Jadda.1753

I was browsing SWTOR forums the other day, and saw that they had just recently aranged a 2v2 tournament in the worldpvp zone. So I was thinking, why not do the same here? It can easily be done I think if someone would just take the initiative. My idea is you create a guild and have everyone who is competing in the league/tournament join it, and you organize from there. Then you have easy way of relaying info of who won vs who and who is advancing to next round or whatever. And the teams that are facing each other joins an empty server. Can even have more teams join same server so it is less chance randoms will come in and ruin everything. + you get spectators So what do you think? Anybody willing to take the reins on this? I have absolutely no experience in organizing anything, but I will help anyway I can. I am on EU btw.

in PvP

Posted by: shalmont.2539

shalmont.2539

I’ve thought about several ideas similar to this, but it would require so much work from the community involved that it will quickly die out, I believe people will eventually go back to what they do after a couple of days, there just seriously needs to be a real system implemented for this…. sadly i dont think we will get it any time soon though.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

think about it when everyone joins that empty servers and you need to get ppl swapping from team to team… that would be just pain

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Jadda.1753

That seems pretty lazy I think. If all the people I have seen posting here about arenas being so much fun, but cant do a little bit of work to put it together then they dont deserve it and can stop whining until anet implements real system. Its actually not that much work when I think about it.
-creat a guild call it 3v3 arena
-invite everyone interested.
-occupy a server once a day and duke it out.
-write down teamnames, 1 point for win 0 for loose. at end of week/month you see win/loose ratio of teams and post on forums, spam chat whatever you want for glory and admiration from all.

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

I could see something like this working when they get private servers going. It would be pretty hard to do right now. It might be worth a try though.

in PvP

Jadda.1753

Yeah with private servers it would be alot easier! If only blogpost could get done, so we can get some info. Unbelievebly stupid to translate it before releasing it to an english forum.