Lets talk about Turrets

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Engi turrets… This NEEDS a nerf, and everyone knows it. You don’t want to fight on point because you get rooted and knocked back into oblivion. You don’t want to attack the turrets because they knock you back when you kill one, not to mention the complete waste of time it is to attack a thumper because of it’s high health. You don’t want to attack the engi because chances are they’ll knock back/root/kite till the turrets weaken you enough to be an easy kill. Basically, unless you have a power ranger on your team that can spike at 1200 (only if the engi doesn’t LoS), or a liched power necro, then you’re SoL.

Why is this allowed to happen? It’s an absolutely ridiculous imbalance that needs to be fixed now.

1. remove knock back on turret death, 4 knock backs (7 with supply kit) + thumper knock back + rifle knock back is absolutely unforgivable… a better alternative is to have a 1 second daze on turret death, or have a random condition applied.
  2. lower thumper turret health to a normal turrets health, there’s no reason such a strong turret should be this durable

Make those two changes, and turret engis will be completely balanced. As of right now though, the state of PvP is an absolute mess with them…

(edited by No Walking.6349)

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Make this two changes and you will never see a turret engi again (I have no problems to remove the turrets from game. Do not like AI builds)

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

No Walking.6349

Make this two changes and you will never see a turret engi again (I have no problems to remove the turrets from game. Do not like AI builds)

Just like you never see a kit engi? Or a PP engi?

Who cares if fewer ppl play turrets, there needs to be fewer ppl playing turrets because they’re so stupidly unbalanced.

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

It isn’t turret utilities that are imbalanced
It is supply crate

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Why people who have zero(0, null) knowledge and experience regarding Engineer’s skills, traits and design of the class, demand nerfs for it?

I vote for IQ test upon thread creation regarding what they want to complain about.
It’s absolutely ridiculous that people who have no knowledge on a matter are allowed to cast their vote and have an impact on such important matters such as nerfs.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

No Walking.6349

Why people who have zero(0, null) knowledge and experience regarding Engineer’s skills, traits and design of the class, demand nerfs for it?

I vote for IQ test upon thread creation regarding what they want to complain about.
It’s absolutely ridiculous that people who have no knowledge on a matter are allowed to cast their vote and have an impact on such important matters such as nerfs.

Why dont you tell me how I have 0 knowledge. Or do you always just jump into threads and spout random statements? Everything I said was correct and true.

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

No Walking.6349

It isn’t turret utilities that are imbalanced
It is supply crate

Supply crate is fine the way it is, it’s the turret death knockback and thumper HP that are the biggest OP factors.

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Lol i would like talk about pvp atm

3 days ago me and 2 other guild mates were actually on at the same time, i run condi staff mesmer, guild leader runs a power necro and 3rd player ran a bunker guardian with staff. We faced a what seem to be a 2-2-1 and 2 of them i wont name names but they were tagged together and were both running turret engys.

1st game was pretty close but we knew what to do to beat them leaving the 1 engy parked at our home and controlled the other 2 points. After we won they talked smack about my guild being crappy and were a crappy premade.

2nd game we face the same 2 turret engys omg yes!!!!! We triple capped them immediately since i ran far moa the turret engy and killed him, guild leader liched form with 25 stacks of might to kill the other. 1 of them actually changed to necro when we had a 400-80 lead. They again began trash talking my guild.

So if im to be honest turret need no changes, me and my guild mates dont run meta builds but we do no what they are and there strengths and weaknesses. We also know how to beat these cheese builds which for some reason are really hard for the average player to beat. Obviously we had a huge advantage from the fact we had builds that worked together as oppose to a bunch of solo players but once again we shouldnt nerf a build simply because solo players dont want to team up with other people or arent good enough to beat it 1 vs 1.

Lastly i cant kill any of the turrets on my mesmer since im condi so i caught him with a moa, i dropped a port and far and went mid and when he want back to cap me and the power necro took him out again. Its called team work its a 5 vs 5 game. Not your p/p thief vs turret engy or you mace/shield warrior vs turret engy.

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Why dont you tell me how I have 0 knowledge. Or do you always just jump into threads and spout random statements? Everything I said was correct and true.

Not exactly, im pretty sure a condi ranger can easy beat a turret engy 1 vs 1 as well as a power warrior whether it be hambow or axe/shield. Not to mention a bunker guardian can hold it at a stalemate.

Are you right, sourd of. I mean alot of people struggle with them but some dont. HBT vs the abjured on utube is a good match to see. HBT ran 2 turret engys and lost 500-0 vs the abjured in there 2nd match. Your acting like there some meta build which needs to be nerfed when actually only newer or solo que players cant beat them.

Now obviously some builds cant beat it no matter what they do but other fromt hat aspect i dont know what to tell ya to change your perception on the topic.

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

Tao.5096

Okay.
This is a player, with almost 16k AP(15 733AP at 10:23).
He believe that only, I repeat, Only, Power Ranger with longbow or Lich Form(Elite) Powermancer is able to defeat Turret Engineer.

Such experienced(based on amount of AP which takes time to achieve), doesn’t know that knockback on turrets is a trait, and implies that each turret is equipped with it all the time.

For such experienced player(16k AP), while opening a thread and asking PvP community to “Lets talk about Turrets”, he only one-sidedly throw the pluses of such build which make him cripple in PvP Arena.

What’s more, this player demands a Thumper Turret which basic range is a Radius of 240, to have it’s HP nerfed to match HP of Rocket, Rifle or Flame turret.
This indicates that such experienced player(16k AP) is unable to realize that Thumper Turret’s high HP is directly connected to it’s job and it’s position which in fact takes a direct damage from melee enemies due to very short attack range.

Additionally, such experienced player, doesn’t mention even a single weakness of such build, which I believe, is caused by lack of knowledge about this build and even whole class, and therefore, he’s unable to take proper countermeasures toward such build.

I would like to ask this forum administrators to take measures to reduce that toxicity caused by constant creation of such threads which in fact, are a sole problem of those players who refuse to learn to play and what’s more demand changes that destroy build diversity for classes.

P.S – Hi, I play warrior, d/dmancer and p/p engi :v

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

No Walking.6349

Okay.
This is a player, with almost 16k AP(15 733AP at 10:23).
He believe that only, I repeat, Only, Power Ranger with longbow or Lich Form(Elite) Powermancer is able to defeat Turret Engineer.

Such experienced(based on amount of AP which takes time to achieve), doesn’t know that knockback on turrets is a trait, and implies that each turret is equipped with it all the time.

For such experienced player(16k AP), while opening a thread and asking PvP community to “Lets talk about Turrets”, he only one-sidedly throw the pluses of such build which make him cripple in PvP Arena.

What’s more, this player demands a Thumper Turret which basic range is a Radius of 240, to have it’s HP nerfed to match HP of Rocket, Rifle or Flame turret.
This indicates that such experienced player(16k AP) is unable to realize that Thumper Turret’s high HP is directly connected to it’s job and it’s position which in fact takes a direct damage from melee enemies due to very short attack range.

Additionally, such experienced player, doesn’t mention even a single weakness of such build, which I believe, is caused by lack of knowledge about this build and even whole class, and therefore, he’s unable to take proper countermeasures toward such build.

I would like to ask this forum administrators to take measures to reduce that toxicity caused by constant creation of such threads which in fact, are a sole problem of those players who refuse to learn to play and what’s more demand changes that destroy build diversity for classes.

P.S – Hi, I play warrior, d/dmancer and p/p engi :v

When did I ever say I didn’t know it was linked to a trait? It’s pretty implied that I meant the trait should be nerfed…not sure how you didn’t see that.

Secondly, when thumper turret makes all melee builds useless against an engi camping on it, that’s too OP, and it needs to be able to be destroyed in a reasonable time.

And they do have a weakness, range, and that’s ONLY if the point doesn’t have many LoS options. Ranger and Lich form are the most powerful range zerk classes, so that’s why I mentioned them. 1v1 that’s pretty much their only counter, again, only if there’s little LoS options, and anyone who says 1v1 doesn’t matter in SPvP hasn’t PvP’d much.

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

No Walking.6349

And why the hell are you friending me to check AP? What does AP have to do with any of this? I have all the classes at 80, 5 champ titles in PvP, yes one of those is champ genius. Play everything in PvP for the most part besides mesmers…cause I don’t find the playstyle fun. And yes, I can hop on a turret engi and do more with less effort than anything else that I play…

Lets talk about Turrets

in PvP

Tao.5096

When did I ever say I didn’t know it was linked to a trait? It’s pretty implied that I meant the trait should be nerfed…not sure how you didn’t see that.

Secondly, when thumper turret makes all melee builds useless against an engi camping on it, that’s too OP, and it needs to be able to be destroyed in a reasonable time.

And they do have a weakness, range, and that’s ONLY if the point doesn’t have many LoS options. Ranger and Lich form are the most powerful range zerk classes, so that’s why I mentioned them. 1v1 that’s pretty much their only counter, again, only if there’s little LoS options, and anyone who says 1v1 doesn’t matter in SPvP hasn’t PvP’d much.

I am sincerely thankful to your contribution in this conversation and once again proving that your knowledge about Engineer class is second to none.
Also, I would like to point out that your attitude that thumper makes melee useless is in fact utterly hilarious.
Prime melees such as Warrior and Guardian have no actual problem dealing with turret engineer and that they just walk inside their Turret Zone and destroy everything along with engineer proves that this build is only noob-proof.

Just because Thief melee wise has a high chance to lose vs Turret engineer is equal to P/P Engi, PU Mesmer and P/D Thief lose vs Staff Necromancer.

I find it intriguing that no one want to point out equal behaviors and situations accross all classes, but pin-point one class to ground and put their demands because they’re mad due to constantly being owned.

And they do have a weakness, range,

I apologize, I really do, for offending you, but you’re honestly an over 15k AP Magpie, which cannot even realize that Turret Engineer has:

• 0 stun breaks,
  • 0 stability,
  • 0 blocks,
  • 0 invulnerability,
  • 0 mobility,
    only 2 condition cleanse every 20 seconds(15 if HealingT stays alive, but that’s a sacrifice of ~3k healing so yolo) and their only chance to survive is to keep it’s turrets alive since they grant boons(traited), use nearest environment properly and Panic drop Supply Crate which in 1v1 is a sign that Engineer is in pinch and know that he’s gonna wipe soon enough. And finally, even so called “I win button” aka Supply Crate get down fast enough as long as even a melee, warrior, guardian just aoe twice in the middle of it.

Turret engineer is heavily vulnerable to all kind of hard and soft CCs. Cripples, Chills, immobilizes is a hell for them.

The only thing that your Opening Post which in fact has nothing to do with topic you’ve claimed, shows that:
- You are heavily annoyed by knockbacks caused by Turret’s destruction.

And you should realize that this build’s knockback ability which annoy you and many other is equal to Mesmer’s Clone spam or Thief’s Blind and Stealth spam. And alike Thief and Mesmer, it’s an ability to defend itself from enemy(yes, Clones can be offensive, Stealth can be used as offence as well etc).

Knockback trait has radius of 120 and that’s the range you have to keep distance from turret that is going to be destroyed.

What I sincerely ask for, is to stop this ridiculous hype which is already continuing for couple of months, and try hard to throw Turret Engineer to GodLike spot.
Instead of looking at it’s pros all the time, I advise to start looking at it’s cons and what’s more start using them, instead of opening yet another thread which in fact is useless and indicates that primary problem lies in learning how to play.
That is not pointed only toward No Walking.6349, but also toward all other players who feel alike or similar to him.

As in comparison, I thought for some time that Meditation Guardians are so OP due to spike that can down you in one go along with boon spam, blocks and invulnerability.
I finally have learned it’s weakness and started using them. In the end, roughly 90% of Ranked guardians cannot even drop my health down to half and are more hyped to run away and ask for teammate help instead of 1v1ing. There are only few I have met that really have shown what playing guardian properly in 1v1 means, and I bow to them.

So, once again, all I ask for is to start making constructive and objective threads regarding nerfs, and not based on frustration and annoyance created by simply being outplayed, by someone, because that alone will only start killing build diversity which isn’t that big to begin with, and it’s already proved that Anet unfortunately has a tendency to listen to overflow of tears.

In case someone will try to call me an elitist, pro, or something alike.
No, I’m not. I claim to be decent, and do PvP Arena to have fun, and not to boost my ego or increase my kitten. And therefore I gained experience and knowledge which allow me to judge matter as this one fairly.