Leveling a warrior now is a bad idea?

in PvP

Posted by: Horan.7013

Horan.7013

I am relatively new to gw2 and love the game. I bought HoT also.
I have been having hard time picking a class to main. I am interested in doing all game mode, pvp wvw pve. I am always told by many people to pick ele as it will always be top tier in all game mode. However after level 80 I realized I don’t like squishy class and I don’t enjoy casting. I had more fun time playing my low level thief although it is also very squishy.
I have rev, reaper, ele all level 80. Thief level 40-50s.
I just made a warrior on my last character slot to see how it plays out.
I just learned we have a balance patch coming. I was told warrior was quite good in pvp this season so nerf is coming. Especially knowing the fact Dev didn’t seem to like warrior very much, warrior’s future does not look so bright.
Any suggestions on choosing a character to main?
What do you guys think of warrior?

in PvP

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I’d say buy more character slots.
Warrior will always be a useful class to have. Ultimately you should aim for 1 of each at 80.

Any classes to find yourself not playing much can always be turned into storage mules, until you decide to play them again.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Warrior is a very solid choice for any aspect of GW2, really. In PvP right now, it’s a top tier spec as a condi-based brawler. In raids, everyone wants 1-2 as a might-stacking PS build. In dungeons, people also love having them for the might stacks. In WvW, it’s still a great choice.
Warrior is easily one of the most reliable choices in the game if you’re looking for a class that’s relevant in end game content. Just be aware that all of this, as always in any MMO, could change with a single balance patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

as someone who main warrior. warrior atm is top tier in all game mode along with ele. if your worried about incoming nerf to war, devs did said they develop codes to be able to balance classes w/o affecting other game modes. warrior like in any other MMO is pretty much faceroll. anyways i recommend playing war.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Horan.7013

Horan.7013

Thank you for the replies.
Btw, how is rev? I 80 boosted my rev so I cannot quite figure out how to play it. I feel it is quite squishy despite being plate armor class.
How is rev compared to warrior and how is rev play style?

in PvP

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

Talking about PvP and WvW Rev is a suitable joice. I stopped playing pve completly when HoT came out, so i cant tell you anything about that.
Rev is different from Warrior, you can loose a fight quite fast if you make mistakes, warriors usually take longer to die. Also the CD system is completly different.
The great thing about rev is its combination of movement, leaches (armor doesnt help against it) and bursts, good amount of blocks and easy to time interrupts.
If you dont know the skills yet, you can start with one weapon set only and learn those skills and than add the second weapon set. Rev took me quite a few matches to get solid on it, i cant even tell you why, as the mechanics seem to be quite simply.
It is a heavy armor class, but still a little squishy. Still you can get reat survivability out of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

It depends if you want to play higher pvp tiers

War is easier to learn and you can make much more mistakes then rev. At lower skill tiers you find than much of your burst skills will hit your targets and you will easily progress higher. When you will start to be near diamond tier, you find that much more often people will dodge much of you damage and you will feel slow against better rotating classes. Still war is better then necro for me.

If you have time and want to be really skilled you should find time to train rev. At start it will be hard but it’s right now most rewarding heavy armor class to invest time in pvp. Good rev can hold nodes for some time with great active sustain skills, have great mobility and superior power damage.

And another good thing about rev – rev won’t be nerfed soon:P he needs to sell HoT.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

I dont know if Rev needs to sell HoT. You pretty much cant reach high tier on any class without HoT.
I agree on your point about war. At hight tiers it is harder to land damage, but still not that hard it gets invalid. You just need to time it better.

in PvP

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Revs, when used correctly are very resilient. You are much more active defence oriented however.

Glint(pretty much a staple legend) heal converts damage into healing ( extremely powerful when timed correctly, like any active defence).
Sword #3 has evade times, both shield and sword offhand have blocks.
staff has evades, condi clears, heals, blinds, and CC.

Depending on which legends you pick, you have an interesting array of tools to avoid damage or kill before dying.

Rev is a lot of fun to play, and is quite versatile.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I play only two classes and they are warrior an ele (More ele)
both are solid and diffrent. But i play quite out of meta with both. Power warrior and condi ele XD …. After learning warior a bit better and picking GS i am surprised how well it can play. It´s just squishier then my ele when outnumbered but hits dam hard ^^. Totallly crazy … Warrior with way more HP and Armour dies faster then my ele caster and hits much harder. Somtimes GW2 seems weird :-)
I met a rev yesterday which was quite good. Normaly i beat reveneats with my ele. And had one fight to a draw with warrior. But that one did to much damage. He did wear down my ele in chunks going in meele, dodgin away and jumping back hiting me hard regardless of protection and stone heart… Maybe it was that armor ignoring leeching.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)