Lich form firing behind itself?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

So yesturday at foefire it’s my ranger vs opponents necro duel for a point. Before i even get close necro pops lich form, followed by my evil grin. I immobilize it and get behind it’s back for some free damage, and lo and behold. 2-3 seconds later i’m dead as I witness a lich form that is firing it’s projectiles 180 degrees opposite to direction it’s facing. Ate nice 6k+ blasts…

Isn’t this how it’s supposed to work or a bug?

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Most likely the error related to how the servers handle positioning, like the unreasable/stompable body glitches.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I’ve noticed this a long time ago. Previously you would be safe if you ran behind the lich but after being shot to shreds i realised it was not viable anymore.

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

well it needs something to make it somewhat threatening take away this and it will literally be the easiest elite to counter in the game not that it isn’t already…

ZeftheWicked.3076

It is easy to counter if you’re in a group. Or have reflects. 1v1 with necro full health and 20 seconds of 5-6k blasts on auto, that’s another story.

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

just run behind something and they waste it also strafe left and right, the blasts do not follow you…

Posted by: CheezeStix.1076

CheezeStix.1076

Lich #1 not requiring to face the enemy has been a thing for quite a while or maybe even launch. You can try it for youself if you want, make a necro, pop lich and spam #1 as you run away. No idea if this is intended or not, but it isn’t some bug that happens every now and then, lich will always shoot #1 regardless if you’re facing your target or not.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

lich farts confirmed

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Lich #1 not requiring to face the enemy has been a thing for quite a while or maybe even launch. You can try it for youself if you want, make a necro, pop lich and spam #1 as you run away. No idea if this is intended or not, but it isn’t some bug that happens every now and then, lich will always shoot #1 regardless if you’re facing your target or not.

This is correct. Lich Form auto has never required facing.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Life blast you can get behind, lich form you can’t.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

it has always been this way

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

ZeftheWicked.3076

Hm i see…guess i’ll have to think of a way to deal with it on my ranger then.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Hm i see…guess i’ll have to think of a way to deal with it on my ranger then.

Axe 5 is pretty effective. As is spamming the “a” and “d” keys.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

So yesturday at foefire it’s my ranger vs opponents necro duel for a point. Before i even get close necro pops lich form, followed by my evil grin. I immobilize it and get behind it’s back for some free damage, and lo and behold. 2-3 seconds later i’m dead as I witness a lich form that is firing it’s projectiles 180 degrees opposite to direction it’s facing. Ate nice 6k+ blasts…

Isn’t this how it’s supposed to work or a bug?

actually, if you are immobilized and do not press any movement buttons and activate a skill, you character automatically turns in the direction of your target. maybe your client was out of synch so you didn’t see it or it is actually a display bug.

on a side note: pressing movement buttons AFTER activating a skill with a cast time automatically interrupts said skill and sometimes even puts it on full CD, kitten if i know why. weird kitten going on from time to time

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

If that is the case I now wonder why it was designed that way or was it just something that slipped through the cracks as I can recall them adjusting abilities with similar functionality before in the past. So there is a possibility of such a change, but that would probably require someone to comment on it during some tournament or another and then it will be all ‘wrath from on high.’

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

If that is the case I now wonder why it was designed that way or was it just something that slipped through the cracks as I can recall them adjusting abilities with similar functionality before in the past. So there is a possibility of such a change, but that would probably require someone to comment on it during some tournament or another and then it will be all ‘wrath from on high.’

Probably a mistake, considering they fixed Warrior GS4 doing the same thing. If not I think changing it would be fair considering it adds an extra counter to the lich. I feel like if you’re going to do 6k on auto, those autos better be clunky and hard to use.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer