Lick the w/e can't be interrupted

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Ranger down state skill.

What?

how does it even work!

fix ploexaxwa

Once a downed rangers pet dies they go into an invulnerable state once they start their downed 3. This invuln state does seem to last longer than normal and also brings them back to full HP.

Furthermore, this invulnerable state is known to block actual projectiles from damaging the ranger by body blocking, even skills that should be AOE or piercing (such as phoenix on an elementalist).

I agree with the OP, this is hella annoying. It makes your options far more limited for dealing with the ranger 3, especially in downed fights where it becomes impossible to interrupt the rangers pet, let alone HIT the ranger on some classes.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

So… when pets are dead and they get revived by Lick Wounds they get a second or 2 of invuln frames… just like a player does. They can be interrupted but will continue to rez just like a player does. I feel even though ranger downed state is strong every class has the potential to win the downed fight. Most notably, necros.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

So… when pets are dead and they get revived by Lick Wounds they get a second or 2 of invuln frames… just like a player does. They can be interrupted but will continue to rez just like a player does. I feel even though ranger downed state is strong every class has the potential to win the downed fight. Most notably, necros.

Is this sarcasm? Because the necro downed state is a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Is this sarcasm? Because the necro downed state is a joke.

If he’s talking a pure 1v1 against a Necro, I could maybe see it happening. Necro can drop Fetid Ground when the ranger goes to res, and Necro heals while dealing damage. I still find it unlikely, because Necro downed is pretty garbage.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

I was being serious. A zerk necro usually does enough damage in downed state to take me out. Drops fetid ground, uses it’s downed auto to sustain, fears my pet when I try to rez. Pet dies, I die.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Eura is right with necro vs ranger but this is generally only from a zerker necro POV.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

the pet is not immune to CC, afaik. i just updraft it away. or maybe that’s because updraft kicks the player out of res range and the pet has to stop ressing. idk+idc, as long as it works

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

it does indeed suck that it just carries on rezzing.
once the pet gets interrupted it should stop rezzing until the cooldown is done.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

it does indeed suck that it just carries on rezzing.
once the pet gets interrupted it should stop rezzing until the cooldown is done.

DIS!

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

Will trade this for AoE dmg.