Link to the FINALS PVP STREAM here!

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

go watch. it’s mainly chap chatting with grouch while the teams ready up right now. but MAN SO MUCH BUILD UP

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

ima watch it and remember it as the day pvp in gw2 officially got dumped by 50% of the population

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

The tourny looks solid. To bad the community is pretty much bummed completely about the current and future state of pvp.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

ahuba.6430

also
Mod jon_peters: you have to actively react to all the passive things going on
Mod jon_peters: so its still very reactionary and there is still a LOT of skill in spirit ranger

in PvP

gwawer.9805

well the casuals and non-pvp ppl have no clue, so its just watchin a normal gw2 pvp tournament finals to them

in PvP

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

Did i calculate the time zones wrong? Are we 45 mins after the listed starting time and still no action?

ESPORTS

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I hope they play the most terrible ridiculous crap to show just how terrible the pvp is and how hard it is to even see what’s going on.

Go go AI spam, asura spam, and boring conquest aoe spam and bunkering.

“Our focus right now is making a game type that is easy to watch and understand. That is one of the things we have accomplished so far and we want to keep that concept”

What?

in PvP

ahuba.6430

I hope they play the most terrible ridiculous crap to show just how terrible the pvp is and how hard it is to even see what’s going on.

Go go AI spam, asura spam, and boring conquest aoe spam and bunkering.

“Our focus right now is making a game type that is easy to watch and understand. That is one of the things we have accomplished so far and we want to keep that concept”

What?

they’re playing for 10,000 dollars.

in PvP

gwawer.9805

grouch looks so composed and chill. lookin so pro… good for him

sharpe is making so much chit chat lol not sure what to make of it. pretty funny though haha

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in PvP

gwawer.9805

wow first round CC…pppllzz let this be 5 games

in PvP

ahuba.6430

well im liking the casting but i cant tell anything in those teamfights rofl 3 spirit rangers 2 stronk

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

It’s a shame this tournament is happening during this metgame. Watching spirit rangers fight is really boring.

in PvP

gwawer.9805

i hear “petting zoo” every minute

in PvP

gwawer.9805

well guys its America player pool talent vs ENTIRE EUROPE’s talent

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

This is hard to watch.

Literally, hard to actually watch. The camera is too zoomed out, the team fights are a mess, and even the 1 on 1’s are jumpy. The fact that the camera keeps changing players also makes it hard to keep track, or even care.

I hope they clean this up in the future.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

Not even 5000 viewers. Where is the big GW2 community?

Well, the tournament is not that impressive.

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

Lopez.7369

The fact developers are mocking their own game and calling it a “petting zoo” should explain why this tournament has less than 5,000 viewers.

in PvP

gwawer.9805

maybe the chinese pvp scene will five spice things up next year

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Sad, called it 3-0 without ever even seeing CC play before. NA has a really poor understanding of conquest. The team fights were intense but SYNCs map control wasn’t there. GGs anyway.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Watching this made me sad. There were actually points of excitement, interesting strategy, and a great level of skill displayed. And yet, it was still pretty bad to watch.

Every teamfight, the effects got so bright that I literally could not discern the characters in the fights. I couldn’t tell what skills were being used. I couldn’t see how the fight was going. I spent more time watching the health bars in the corners than I did the game itself. And the AI. Jesus. Two spirit rangers in the middle of a team fight and that was it. Couldn’t see anything.

I think the things that make GW2 so bad to watch could be fixed, but I have absolutely zero faith that anet will make it happen. I am once again disappointed not by the game itself, but by the fact that a game with such an incredible amount of potential is going to waste because of the studio behind it.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Lopez.7369

All the North American players died every time they tried to go out individually. They just weren’t good in one-on-one situations. They should have listened to Supcutie and remained in a team.

in PvP

gwawer.9805

unless they put in a new co-lead pvp dev to rattle the cages and change the furniture, it aint gonna happen

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Watching this made me sad. There were actually points of excitement, interesting strategy, and a great level of skill displayed. And yet, it was still pretty bad to watch.

Every teamfight, the effects got so bright that I literally could not discern the characters in the fights. I couldn’t tell what skills were being used. I couldn’t see how the fight was going. I spent more time watching the health bars in the corners than I did the game itself. And the AI. Jesus. Two spirit rangers in the middle of a team fight and that was it. Couldn’t see anything.

I think the things that make GW2 so bad to watch could be fixed, but I have absolutely zero faith that anet will make it happen. I am once again disappointed not by the game itself, but by the fact that a game with such an incredible amount of potential is going to waste because of the studio behind it.

90% of that was the camerawork. There was one fight at keep with two spirit rangers involved and whoever was on the camera changed angles like 4 times in 10 seconds.

I began to suspect a severe case of ADHD. It was pretty chaotic already, spamming angle changes didn’t help.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Lopez.7369

They should stop using the overhead camera. It’s awful in this game. It makes everything look like a mess.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Really great final, IA Zoo everywhere and Na thief lost every 1vs1 against every broken build.

Yeah, E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I never really understood why post processing was left on

in PvP

gwawer.9805

yeah it just makes everything even more hard to see. smog and blurry

in PvP

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Did someone perhaps record it , or is there a vod on twitch were i can watch the finals ?
I missed them … .

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

there is always a vod on twitch, look at the past broadcasts on their channel.