List of changes that I personally dislike

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Now posted with dev responses:

Rank up chests. “Sorry, this was a technical limitation.”
——————————-
Missing outfits. “Have you visited the Black Lion armorer? I believe that is how some things are being converted.” (where is the black lion armorer to fix this????)
———————————
fixed. Apparently armor shoulders doesn’t count towards armor value. Fixed.
———————————————
Horrid dragon finisher. (sigh)
————————————
Why am I mist walker. Way to differentiate. (didnt respond)
—————————————
10 characters means I cannot outfit them all, yet I was pvp’ing for nearly 2 years. " soon you will be able to" ( freaking rip off )
—————————————-
“Many more changes didnt make ready up” —-- tooltip only changes ( no reponse)
——————————————————-
Nightmare runes give 2s fear. On anyone without a stun break that’s instant death. Necros can now chain 9s of fear. ( we will see how OP this is)
—————————————————-
entire armor sets not given to me yet I already had them Considering I quit for a month I am lucky to remember. So a lot of people just got scammed without knowledge.
———————————————————
Map chat broken for me all day. ( too many people. shows how un-prepared gw2 is for a pvp population size thats still .05 percent of the game)
—————————————
BOUGHT A GM TRAIT STILL CANT USE IT —- will be seeking refund. ( will update if I get my refund)
———————————
Higher the rank you were the fewer chests you receive. ( no response)
———————————

I was rank 60. I received 120 skill points and 21 chests (24~ tomes).
I have 10 characters. Even assuming 1 per profession I cannot come close to outfiting HALF of them. Thanks For the boot up my butt. “soon”
————————————————————————
NO LONGER UPDATED.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

(edited by JinDaVikk.7291)

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

welcome to the “untouchable necs” meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

you can buy lvl 11 shoulders from the trading post

I dread when I queue up tonight, and face legendary greatswords and’t cant see kitten for weapon skill animations.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

You have to have PvE weapons to have PvP weapons. That is just un-intuitive.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

Remember when they said you could have a PVP character without doing any PvE?

in PvP

Posted by: HomelessMeh.4172

HomelessMeh.4172

Remember when they said you could have a PVP character without doing any PvE?

Like it was yesterday.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Loving necro. Am wrecking face haha. Feels more Op than dhuumfire patch.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

(edited by Rickster.8752)

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

You don’t need shoulders to PvP. Chest, leggings, and boots are the only ones that count.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

WAit…………. I can’t PvP on my characters that are below lvl 15? So I am forced to kittening pve?

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

All is vain
/15chars

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

WAit…………. I can’t PvP on my characters that are below lvl 15? So I am forced to kittening pve?

Please tell me you’re bluffing (I only have 80’s so idk).

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Fugazi, I have no idea what theyre doing. At the moment, 2 of our gm traits were switched (harmonious mantras in dueling and empowering mantras in domination) so the entire Mesmer community is kinda mind-blown if its intended or some funny joke.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I repeat. ONLY CHEST, LEGS, AND BOOTS COUNT FOR ARMOR IN PVP. You do not need shoulders, and can thus PvP from level 1.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Xista.7391

I’m taking screenshots right now. People w/ Twilight in middle swirling around on everyone. You can’t see for crap. Not that it was good before… but now kitten …

I can only imagine those greatswords on norns. They should have the blade trails removed from PvP. I really, really hope they’re banned from tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: MrFlump.8725

MrFlump.8725

I repeat. ONLY CHEST, LEGS, AND BOOTS COUNT FOR ARMOR IN PVP. You do not need shoulders, and can thus PvP from level 1.

people want to wear full sets not just 3 parts of it.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

let examine options.

Tome of knowledge.
The free level 20 birthday boosters.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

If we had been told each and everyone of our characters had to be level 11 to pvp I would of spent more glory on tomes. Instead us higher ranked pvp’rs get fewer rewards than the lower ones.

Explain that away I dare you.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

I can’t answer all your concerns, but I’ll try.

Rank up chests.

Sorry, this was a technical limitation.

Missing outfits.

Have you visited the Black Lion armorer? I believe that is how some things are being converted. Also, you may need to log into other characters if the items were equipped.

level 11~ pve required now to pvp ( no shouldpads exist below level 11~)

You can play from level 1, you only need chest, legs, and boots as they are the only gear that count toward armor rating.

Horrid dragon finisher.

We can’t please everyone.

10 characters means I cannot outfit them all, yet I was pvp’ing for nearly 2 years.

We’ve made sure transmutation charges are awarded early and often as part of reward tracks. While you’re right you can’t outfit them all right away, you should be able to in very short order.

Map chat broken for me all day.

May be related to the surge in concurrency.

BOUGHT A GM TRAIT STILL CANT USE IT —- will be seeking refund.

Please do submit a support ticket. Can you also file a bug report from within the game?

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Solidor.4876

Solidor.4876

Can’t they just press a button to rollback all the crap changes made to pvp?
I’m sorry ANet, i’m a big fan of the game, but almost everything is bad. Just bad.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

I can’t answer all your concerns, but I’ll try.

Rank up chests.

Sorry, this was a technical limitation.

Missing outfits.

Have you visited the Black Lion armorer? I believe that is how some things are being converted. Also, you may need to log into other characters if the items were equipped.

level 11~ pve required now to pvp ( no shouldpads exist below level 11~)

You can play from level 1, you only need chest, legs, and boots as they are the only gear that count toward armor rating.

Horrid dragon finisher.

We can’t please everyone.

10 characters means I cannot outfit them all, yet I was pvp’ing for nearly 2 years.

We’ve made sure transmutation charges are awarded early and often as part of reward tracks. While you’re right you can’t outfit them all right away, you should be able to in very short order.

Map chat broken for me all day.

May be related to the surge in concurrency.

BOUGHT A GM TRAIT STILL CANT USE IT —- will be seeking refund.

Please do submit a support ticket. Can you also file a bug report from within the game?

I appreciate the answers but I am adding more and more issues can those be answered as well?

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Thorn.7963

“You can play from level 1, you only need chest, legs, and boots as they are the only gear that count toward armor rating.”

What happened to “You can jump in and do PVP right away as soon as you finished the tutorial”?

What was the point in merging PvE and PvP like this?

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

“You can play from level 1, you only need chest, legs, and boots as they are the only gear that count toward armor rating.”

What happened to “You can jump in and do PVP right away as soon as you finished the tutorial”?

I don’t follow what you mean. You will only be missing some cosmetic only gear, this should not be a barrier to entry in any way.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Xista.7391

I don’t follow what you mean. You will only be missing some cosmetic only gear, this should not be a barrier to entry in any way.

You’re slowly taking away items that were once accessible to all in PvP and gating them behind barriers. Cosmetic gear slots, traits, skills, amulets etc…. People want everything to be unlocked upon entering the mists. That’s why they’re upset.

in PvP

Thorn.7963

Its a pointless change that I cannot see the merit of it is all.

Also why do we have to spend transmutation charges to change our PVP gear skin? We never had to do that before.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

How about the missing armor sets? Without a list available to me from old version How am I to know all the armor sets now missing? Thanks for stealing from me.

:edit

They were gem bought sets.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Helmet + shoulders are sold in the mists for like 5 silvers total.
One hotjoin win is 13.5 silver. One game and you have it.

in PvP

Xista.7391

PvP-ers are mad because a lot of our PvP characters are level 2. We also delete + create new characters all the time. You cannot get shoulders til at least level 10.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

If you’re a pvper, you got plenty of chests to lvl up from, before and after april the 15th.

edit – ok i know the system is a bit clunky, i’m saying it’s really not hard at all to get over it.

(edited by muscarine.5136)

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I really dislike the terrible super ugly dragon finisher.

It just does not fit with the other finishers. Shark and phoenix look AWESOME.. and dragon.. just wow…

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

How about the missing armor sets? Without a list available to me from old version How am I to know all the armor sets now missing? Thanks for stealing from me.

You can see your entire skin collection from the bank, it’s a new tab. You should check out this thread for better answers and discussion.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

this one game doesn’t level you to lvl 11.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

most people not reading dev response but thats ok.

WHERE CAN I FIND BLACK LION ARMORER

And justin I checked I am missing my flame kissed armor set. 800 gems missing thanks. Thatll be in my ticket.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

(edited by JinDaVikk.7291)

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

You can see your entire skin collection from the bank, it’s a new tab. You should check out this thread for better answers and discussion.

The skins we bought from gem store and converted to PvP gears are deleted and we have to pay extra charges to have them back, while PvEers get to keep their gemstore skins on their gear.

Why is that, why don’t you delete ascended gears and have PvEer pay extra fees to have them back.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

Thanks, that is helpful.

Also, thanks for deleting my masquerade set. Heaven forbid pvp actually have a unique set. Heaven forbid you guys actually compensate players instead of just deleting whatever strikes your fancy. Couldn’t even bother to give us the pve version; that’s sad.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i have to pay charges to wear what i was wearing before. there was no clear instruction that apparently i have to buy with gold the generic weapons to equip them because apparently i cant equip a skin, so that took me awhile to figure out. then the mists are laggy as kitten due to the megaserver so if I see my team is 4 thieves and I want to switch guardian good kittening luck of me getting back into the match before it starts when it used to be a smooth transition.

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

The skins we bought from gem store and converted to PvP gears are deleted and we have to pay extra charges to have them back, while PvEers get to keep their gemstore skins on their gear.

Why is that, why don’t you delete ascended gears and have PvEer pay extra fees to have them back.

I have all the skins that I converted to PvP, clearly you’re doing something wrong.

necro

in PvP

Simon.3794

I have all the skins that I converted to PvP, clearly you’re doing something wrong.

How, when i log on, im in my PvE looks, and if i want to get my Zodiac PvP look back, i have to pay transmutation charges, tell me what i’m doing wrong, explain, please don’t just say whatever because YoLo.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

How, when i log on, im in my PvE looks, and if i want to get my Zodiac PvP look back, i have to pay transmutation charges, tell me what i’m doing wrong, explain, please don’t just say whatever because YoLo.

You will have to pay TC every time you want to apply skins.

in PvP

Simon.3794

I already bought the skin, and converted them to pvp gears, but they deleted it, i should have my gears ready and on my body.

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

When I saw the very long list in the changelogs I was surprised. But after reading the most parts I was really disappointed:

-> Warriors can be still played w/o any tactical concept on hambow by facerolling keys; this is making me really sad to wait about 6 months for a fix and nothing happend

-> Cleansing Ire still have that much condition remove + wasn’t changed to GM traitline which still makes a warrior almost immune to condition builds of any class; remember: with a nerf on berserk gear anet seems to force to a condition meta – this is a nogo

-> You need to choose between Executioner and Invigorating Precision on thief which means your need to drop 20% of your dmg; so it will be just a benefit for crit/condition which are trash in pvp (dunno about wvw)

-> No good thief would use 30 in Deadly Arts to unlock the new GM trait; it’s just a buff for 2222 types

-> no more crits on earth element on elementalist – lol.. just lol; ele was buffed really well with this patch. I’m not sure about it

-> agree with OP about the dragon finisher.. The maximum ranked finisher should look more majestic by far

and the most important point:

-> no legendarys in pvp please! Don’t get me wrong, I have a Twilight by myself and really like it. But here is the point:
PvP itself is meant to be competitive. (why I’m smiling when I’m writing this?)
These massive unnecessary extra effects should have no place in PvP – even in hotjoin.
Fighting mesmer becomes an insane nightmare..

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

(edited by exii.8913)

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Silver is not the issue, friend.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

/rubs in

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: HomelessMeh.4172

HomelessMeh.4172

I was mainly a pvp player, I have one level 80 which I did wvw with in the early days of the game, later on just did spvp, and had 4 other level 2 chars. With this patch they just kittened over my alts, because now i have to level them, gear them up and then im ready to join pvp or otherwise get smashed. Most of the skins i had unlocked via spvp are now gone, because i havent unlocked them in pve section, ergo i have to farm dungeons all over again? Nope. For people that mainly or only did spvp this patch broke the game for them, at least i feel like this.

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

I already bought the skin, and converted them to pvp gears, but they deleted it, i should have my gears ready and on my body.

Well, you still need to use TC, which shouldn’t be a problem since pvpers got a free TC per each rank after the patch

necro

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

bring back jewels to spvp..

celestial on dd ele feels so crappy.. the damage is so low compared to valk+zerk ..and if i equip valk i have no crit chance.. if i equip celestial.. i have no power.. which means even when i crit its a kitten umber.. really feels like dd ele is stuck to being semi support to group fights w/ some chip damage and boons .. tbh i rather have valk w/ zerk jewel back and drop the evade on fire 3 + blast on water 3..

You look new here…

in PvP

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

/rubs in

GW1 rank 15 emote is much better that GW2 max rank. Actually, GW1 is better than GW2 in every possible way. Too bad that GW2 was the GW1 killer. I have a feeling that most GW2 designers never even played GW1. Perhaps another patch like this one, and most players from GW1 will go back to GW1? crosses fingers

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Most of the skins i had unlocked via spvp are now gone

Where were these skins when they disappeared? Did you have a slew of skins sitting in your character’s inventory while you played your matches (pre-patch) or were they in the PvP locker?

Everything I had in the locker transferred to the new system IMMEDIATELY when I logged into the Mists. I’m sure you must have noticed all the skin unlock popups on the right of your screen.

If you say you had just for example, Dredge complete set in your INVENTORY, but none of the pieces unlocked in your wardrobe, then we definitely got a bug on our hands.

The more descriptive we can be with our reports. The better chance Anet has to reproduce it and determine a fix.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

in PvP

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

bring back jewels to spvp..

celestial on dd ele feels so crappy.. the damage is so low compared to valk+zerk ..and if i equip valk i have no crit chance.. if i equip celestial.. i have no power.. which means even when i crit its a kitten umber.. really feels like dd ele is stuck to being semi support to group fights w/ some chip damage and boons .. tbh i rather have valk w/ zerk jewel back and drop the evade on fire 3 + blast on water 3..

You look new here…

lol im definitely not new, i just don’t post on forum

in PvP

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Where were these skins when they disappeared? Did you have a slew of skins sitting in your character’s inventory while you played your matches (pre-patch) or were they in the PvP locker?

Everything I had in the locker transferred to the new system IMMEDIATELY when I logged into the Mists. I’m sure you must have noticed all the skin unlock popups on the right of your screen.

If you say you had just for example, Dredge complete set in your INVENTORY, but none of the pieces unlocked in your wardrobe, then we definitely got a bug on our hands.

The more descriptive we can be with our reports. The better chance Anet has to reproduce it and determine a fix.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in PvP

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

the problem is not that the skins are not UNLOCKED. They are. Its that pvp players now have to use t stone charges to use the armor that they’ve already been using for over a year now. Because before they were not just skins they were actual armor pieces. now the only things that count as armor pieces come from pve, which most pvp players do not have.

Try to understand what people are saying before criticizing their criticism.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]