List of currently overtuned things

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

So I wanted to put together a list of currently over tuned skills or mechanics in the game.
Now I am not saying this list does not have counter play but these are the wtf skills in gw2

Elementalists
1) Air overload- Successive strikes, large radius, massive pressure
2) Protection coefficient and damage mitigation- Hardy Conduit and Elemental Bastion Damage reduction is insane. 40% and 10% respectively means you are only doing 54% of your intended damage. lol What??
3)Obsidian flesh- traited invuln every 33 seconds- yup that’s really cool

Warrior
1) Gunflame- yeah we all know gunflame is that super untelegraphed high damage skill
2) Strength trait line- you can get a 30% damage increase every 8 seconds with correct conditions and 40% on the gs. Maybe it is needed due to the increased survival of classes, but those are some big numbers.

Ranger
1) Search and Rescue- Traited SnR on 36 second cool down. Take out quickness res, introduce class specific quickness rez. Check
2) Strength of the Pack- An over tuned Signet of Rage. The pulsing stability is much better though
Both of these abilities benefit from the reduction trait pretty well.

Necromancer
1)Plague Signet trait Plague Sending- The actual skill requires timing. Can be blocked, evaded, etc. The trait procs the skill on hit. So it doesn’t miss. GG
2) Weakening Shroud- with wanderers amulet, the weakness uptime is just too long.

Guardian
1) Wings of Resolve- Heal is very strong. Regular guard cannot do this. Align the cooldowns of the virtues
2) Shield of Courage- Same issue. stronger version of the same skill
3)Spear of Justice- practically instant cast pull ability
4) True shot- So much damage so little cool down. And it pierces. Gun flame for guardians.

Thief
1) Impact strike avoiding downstate- I guess it is intended. But who knows.
2) Dash/Bound- These are on the border. Necessary in the current state of the classes, potentially needing tweaks if other changes happen.

Engineer
1) Hammer- The whole thing is strong. But if I had to pick one thing here, I would say Shock Shield. Blocking and doing damage. A skill in a class of its own. Does any other block in this game do damage??
2) Adaptive Armor& Rapid Regeneration- All this built in mitigation and recovery when the engineer has access to protection and regeneration with one of the best AoE healing effects.

Mesmer
1) Continuum Split Moa- Let’s take on of the best skills in the game, and cut the cd in half. And Half is a rough estimate, considering the alacrity production.
Why does continuum split still affect elite skills anyway. Let’s just chop the cd of every elite in the game in half. What kind of balance does that generate?
2) Moa- Casting this skill behind you is strong. I have definitely been moa’ed by mesmers facing the wrong way.

Revenant
1) Enchanted Daggers- The charges are not used up on blocked attacks. Venoms and other charges are consumed. I guess they want to make sure you siphon that health
2)Phase Traversal unblockable effect- The skill already teleports and does damage to me. But now I have to eat the next few attacks as well? Go figure.

Again this list is a few of the over tuned things on each class. Some individual mechanics in a vacuum are not so bad and can be countered. But in matches and reality, this stuff is just flat out strong.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

K Pop, about the Tempest, it’s mainly the possibility to use both Elemental Shielding (protection on aura) + Geomancer’s Training at the same time while using Dagger + Focus. That’s the crux.

If air overload needs to be looked at, fire overload needs to get some power up.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Only problem with your post I see, is that once some of the changes you stated are made, certain classes just become useless like warrior. Especially ele and mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Elpredator.8523

Elpredator.8523

DH was already nerfed and the virtues are clunky yet you want things nerfed further… half the things you said were completely pointless learn what overtuned actually means.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

K Pop, about the Tempest, it’s mainly the possibility to use both Elemental Shielding (protection on aura) + Geomancer’s Training at the same time while using Dagger + Focus. That’s the crux.

If air overload needs to be looked at, fire overload needs to get some power up.

I would agree about fire overload. Does not seem as useful in the damage department. But is it intended as more of a conditions overload?

Only problem with your post I see, is that once some of the changes you stated are made, certain classes just become useless like warrior. Especially ele and mesmer.

I am not stating that we nerf and forget about everything else. I am just drawing attention to some overtly strong things in gw2. Even as a warrior main, some of my traits have me thinking, wait…what does this do? are you serious.

DH was already nerfed and the virtues are clunky yet you want things nerfed further… half the things you said were completely pointless learn what overtuned actually means.

Overtuned- Better than previous generation
DH virtues- All better than base guardian virtues.

What is the point you are trying to make?
You can partially nerf something and it is still overpowered. But by your claim, if it is already nerfed, it is fine? If I nerf by 1%, it is fine???

Please work on comprehension before filling my posts with air.

K Pop

(edited by Interpret Interrupt.3824)

in PvP

Posted by: Vendetta.2496

Vendetta.2496

I don’t agree with these.

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

Interesting list. Nerf Mesmer, warrior, ranger and maybe thief. Buff necro. Not sure what you been smokin’ fella……

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Honestly everything needs to be nerfed. Especially stuff exclusive to elite specializations. I’m glad that most of the bunker amulets are gone, but when so many expansion exlusive classes have such crazy AoE damage and CC ability, its kind of unpleasant to fight.

AoE trap dazes, AoE thunderclap, AoE Chilled to the Bone, AoE Well of Gravity, are all examples of when CC becomes too rewarding for skills that are impossibly easy to use since they impact such a wide area and number of people. I mean I get that they’re supposed to be strong skills, but its kind of poor game design if you ask me, especially when AoE of stability has been quite rare in the current meta.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I would agree about fire overload. Does not seem as useful in the damage department. But is it intended as more of a conditions overload?

It’s truly a radius issue on Fire Overload. It’s the most risky overload, and one of the least rewarding with no incentive upon completing the overload. Damage is probably 10% too weak, too.

For Fire Overload, one interesting effect could be to increase the radius to 300 upon completion. It is thematic with fire growing in puissance. Then, increase pulse damage by 10% while keeping the 180 radius upon channelling.

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

in PvP

Posted by: Spicy.2481

Spicy.2481

Ranger
1) Search and Rescue- Traited SnR on 36 second cool down. Take out quickness res, introduce class specific quickness rez. Check

I would add to Engineer the same thing about rez, but only without so long cooldown(20s) and without teleport but can still start rez at range while you move to the downed ally. Function Gyro is really strong, even though many haven’t realized it yet. With sneak gyro engi is borderline broken in terms of resurrecting downed allies.

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

These nerfs would make me reroll from necro to revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Original poster has actually composed a very good list. I hope these will be adjusted in the next balance patch.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: DoingDaMinimum.4530

DoingDaMinimum.4530

Any AOE specific bruiser or above build= profit IMHO. Nerf this friggin cheesy AOE path that Anet has taken for pvp. There is no actual fighting and play/counter-play going on here as I see it. you either have an overwhelming amount of pets, minions, clones..or you damage half the map thru AOE; any other classes/playstyles need not apply.

The more I play I’m seeing that the more you clutter the screen and minimize targeting the better off you are; unless your countered by an AOE build of course. I suppose that’s play and counterplay but only for a few specific builds across the spectrum. No real fighting going on here just Spammiching.

(edited by DoingDaMinimum.4530)

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

zero mention of impacting disruption trait on thief?

interrupting some important skill is already a reward in itself and having d/p braindead thieves spam headshot to interrupt auto-attacks just to proc the trait is stupid

this trait needs a c/d obviously

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: DoingDaMinimum.4530

DoingDaMinimum.4530

interrupting some important skill is already a reward in itself and having d/p braindead thieves spam headshot to interrupt auto-attacks just to proc the trait is stupid

I’m very much a p/d thief…all single target; but I also recognize that D/P thief is single target except for the AA. You are are trying to tell me that it needs a nerf before the ease of mode gameplay that is the AOE; pets. minion. clone gameplay does..I’m not buying it.

in PvP

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Conditions in general sums it up for me. I’ve been doing more and more pvp lately and the condi bomb thats gets dropped on a single player character sometimes is astounding. I dont want to play with condis myself just to be able to push back. I like my greatsword, sadly in my Reapers hands it feel vastly underwhelming for PVP.

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

Conditions in general sums it up for me. I’ve been doing more and more pvp lately and the condi bomb thats gets dropped on a single player character sometimes is astounding. I dont want to play with condis myself just to be able to push back. I like my greatsword, sadly in my Reapers hands it feel vastly underwhelming for PVP.

This. Is the only reason i dont like this game at all since the condi buff patch of last year. Condi are bad in general, they promote lazy spammy gameplay while you can focus more on sruvivability movements (i.e kiting), they absolutely have no place in a action based MMO to have same impact (if not even better considering the actual meta shifting) as power builds. Condi should be a support/side dmg.
Come on! Even in Final Fantasy 8 (wich was a turned based rpg!!! Wich means it gives you tons of time for reacting, and the opponents couldnt certainly kite you after a condi bomb) condi didnt had same dmg impact as in gw2.
I would already have swapped to BDO, if i had a decent video card to run it.

If condi are fixed (wich means bring them back to before the stacking patch), then i can agreee with the most of the fixed suggestion in the list above.
If condi are not fixed, i’ll leave as soon as possible this unskilled based game, there’s no reason to me to keep playing a condi spam fest, wich means a game without timing/reading of the opponent. I dont think BDO has better combat sistem, still it’s more funny to play than a “Game is Hard… i can’t hit… so i let condi do the dmg for me” gamestyle.

Also i can add that actualy i’m more focused to watch my condi application bar than on my own rotation. I ‘m more focused on chosing the right moment to cleanse than just… playing the game, to a point that it’s more important to chose when using the cleanser than chosing when to burst or how to move!!!! Gw2 has become horrible. I dont really get how people can like condition dmg…

(edited by Shala.8352)

in PvP

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

if you check combat report you will see that power damage usually is 3x cond damage.
this game have quite fast combat, the best way to win a fight is the burst damage, even a necro need the shroud to end a fight, is hard to kill only with conditions.

sUk Clan

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

These necro players are out of touch with reality….some of them can still put up a straight face and swear that necros still need buffs, asking to nerf everybody else except themselves and ofc still putting up a facade by suggesting worthless nerfs like reduction to weakening shroud, like weakness is what causing the 2-3 necros for team madness in season 2…..kittening unbelievable

“Air Overload has massive pressure” like what are you even smoking? what pressure from a cleric amulet? in this CC intensive meta how does the ele even manage to overload if not rarely?

When it was last time you saw more than one ele (if any at all) in a team?
Here in diamond you just see reaper/scrapper all day, every day 24/7……..till the end of cursed season

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I strongly disagree with your entire post. Some things need tweaked, but you’re just asking for everyone to be running the same beige-neutral-profession.

in PvP

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Spamming head shot only works if the target is trying to spam skills. Eat them when a thief spams the headshot or get some stability on. The person that is braindead is the one who continues to try and proc a skill while at the end of a headshot spam.

This very much like confusion and reflect. You do not use RF when an enemy runs reflect. You do not keep attacking when you have confusion stacks on you.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Spamming head shot only works if the target is trying to spam skills. Eat them when a thief spams the headshot or get some stability on. The person that is braindead is the one who continues to try and proc a skill while at the end of a headshot spam.

This very much like confusion and reflect. You do not use RF when an enemy runs reflect. You do not keep attacking when you have confusion stacks on you.

nice i suppose ill just stand still and do nothing while another guy is hitting me because a headshot-spamming thief decided to gank me

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

nice i suppose ill just stand still and do nothing while another guy is hitting me because a headshot-spamming thief decided to gank me

Yes, sounds like a good way to kill the thief. He won’t have any initiative for anything else.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Yes, sounds like a good way to kill the thief. He won’t have any initiative for anything else.

shouldnt be a big deal for him since i will be dead anyway

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

HS does like half as much damage (edit: probably more like a quarter as much damage?) as autoattacking and costs 1/3rd of their entire initiative pool. You’re not going to die to HS. You might die to some efficient, well-timed uses of it, but not to it by itself.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

if you check combat report you will see that power damage usually is 3x cond damage.
this game have quite fast combat, the best way to win a fight is the burst damage, even a necro need the shroud to end a fight, is hard to kill only with conditions.

But condi on a foe is a garanteed kill though, which explains why most viable build, in this meta, are condi builds.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

HS does like half as much damage (edit: probably more like a quarter as much damage?) as autoattacking and costs 1/3rd of their entire initiative pool. You’re not going to die to HS. You might die to some efficient, well-timed uses of it, but not to it by itself.

i said that i will be fighting another guy while thief will gank me and spam headshots

why are you imagining a 1v1 scenario against a thief? what thief ever goes 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

Ranger
2) Strength of the Pack- An over tuned Signet of Rage. The pulsing stability is much better though

No to SotP! Unless you vastly reduce the amount of cc’s other classes can produce instantly and often. It is a ranger/Druid’s only stability skill that is viable (of the two we have) with any build.

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Mesmer
1) Continuum Split Moa- Let’s take on of the best skills in the game, and cut the cd in half. And Half is a rough estimate, considering the alacrity production.
Why does continuum split still affect elite skills anyway. Let’s just chop the cd of every elite in the game in half. What kind of balance does that generate?
2) Moa- Casting this skill behind you is strong. I have definitely been moa’ed by mesmers facing the wrong way.

Mesmer got overnerfed compare to all the classes, alacrity got butchered, u want to nerf them even more, you better start coming up compensations.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i agree with these. i would also like to add some.

guard- longbow#5 creates an excessive amount of cc and skill animation effect spam. suggest creating 1 large ring in the middle.

war- passive procs but warrior is in such a bad state atm they need all the help they can get. maybe if adren degen was reverted (or just not allowed to go past 1st tier of burst) passive procs could be looked at.

rang- ca has massive healing potential for no investment. suggest bring down the base numbers and buffing the coefficients.

engi- bunker down and protection injection highly underrated. they add massive amounts of passive sustain.

teef- pulmonary impact scaling and stacking.

mes- double moa like you said, same as warrior though they need all the help they can get. condi build is ridiculous to fight.

necro- corruption table needs to be nerfed, weakness and cripple too long. i also think reaper stab is too much, suggest to limit it to 1 stack every 3 seconds while buffing fitg to 3 stacks for 5 seconds. cc was necros main counter but now thats gone.

ele- sustain is ridiculous but its the only thing they have going for them. suggest buffing their dps builds before any nerfs.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

babazhook.6805

Why do you have to “stand still”? How is this different then someone loading you with Confusion ?

A thief using headshot does less damage then a thief using Shadowstrike. A Thief spamming headshot will have no INI left to use blinding powder , heartseeker or shadowshot. Count to three let him blow his ini.

As to not talking 1v1 well tough. You should lose a 1v2 and a thief or any other class such as a Mesmer that can sit at range in a 2v1 and interrupt you as you try and kill his teamate is using the skill to its best effect.

If it a match with equal numbers on eiher side you are just being focused, again a legitimate strategy. It means the other player on your team has no one attacking him. What is he doing to help you out?

PI only kicks in when there is an interrupt. As such it HAS a cooldown which is totally in control of the player being shot at. Wgen I am on the receiving end of a head shot spam I just have to count to 3 , much as I do timing a dodge to escape a backstab. If that guy spams headshot he juust blew off all his INI and now he can “run around doing nothing”

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

These necro players are out of touch with reality….some of them can still put up a straight face and swear that necros still need buffs, asking to nerf everybody else except themselves and ofc still putting up a facade by suggesting worthless nerfs like reduction to weakening shroud, like weakness is what causing the 2-3 necros for team madness in season 2…..kittening unbelievable

“Air Overload has massive pressure” like what are you even smoking? what pressure from a cleric amulet? in this CC intensive meta how does the ele even manage to overload if not rarely?

Here in diamond you just see reaper/scrapper all day, every day 24/7……..till the end of cursed season

At the top end of diamond, I have encountered several dual ele teams that spam air overload on cd since the other attunements are useful in bunkering.

I strongly disagree with your entire post. Some things need tweaked, but you’re just asking for everyone to be running the same beige-neutral-profession.

I am just pointing out the obviously strong things of each profession. Adjusting each one of these would not make all of the professions magically the same.

I did not consider this initially because I forgot about it. But headshot takes 4 initial which is about 27% of the 15 initiative bar. At that fraction of the resource bar, it is ok. Headshot alone does minimal damage and the impact damage is delayed by a few seconds. It needs an icd of like 2 seconds because longer would make it less usable. Maybe even 1 sec.

Ranger

No to SotP! Unless you vastly reduce the amount of cc’s other classes can produce instantly and often. It is a ranger/Druid’s only stability skill that is viable (of the two we have) with any build.

The fact that the only reliable stability source for the class is the elite should tell you that the class is meant to be weak to cc. Hence the massive emphasis on ranged combat. Similarly to a thief. You cannot justify the powercreep with other power creep else you create a positive feedback loop that finitely buffs everything. I think this is the approach Anet takes and probably is why everything is going up instead of down.

Mesmer

Mesmer got overnerfed compare to all the classes, alacrity got butchered, u want to nerf them even more, you better start coming up compensations.

See response to above quote. Again, this is intended to show strength. Not compare to currently over powered items. There are many threads suggesting the skill be reduced to 5 secs with half the cd. I think the solution is to make chronomancer not affect elite skills.
———————
@Stand The Wall.6987- Thank you for your contribution list.

K Pop

in PvP

babazhook.6805

The skill PI has a cooldown of sorts, one entirely in control of the player at the receiving end of the same. if a person is spamming a skill that interrupts all the player has to do is delay activiating their next skill for a few seconds . This will burn off the spammers INI and prevent multiple PIS proccing in a row.

It is not difficult to do. If I got confusion stacks on me and can not clear them I do not just mindlessly use my skills.

If someone spams headshots my way. I just count to three. His INI now gone. There are also skills that can not be interrupted or that are next to impossible to do so. There are multiple skills and traits that grant stability such as after a dodge or using certain weapon types.

All of these will neutralize PI.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Not sure about the engi block/damage thing.

Chrono blocks give them de ja vu.
Shield master can reflect
Thief/ranger blocks can knock down

Not sure if the Op feels having this baked into the weapon is the problem? Because if doing damage or attacks from blocks is the issue, then there is plenty of examples in game of blocks that can do damage/debuffs.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Not sure about the engi block/damage thing.

Chrono blocks give them de ja vu.
Shield master can reflect
Thief/ranger blocks can knock down

Not sure if the Op feels having this baked into the weapon is the problem? Because if doing damage or attacks from blocks is the issue, then there is plenty of examples in game of blocks that can do damage/debuffs.

All of those mentioned do not have an effect unless the opponent does something. Engineer block just has a damage coefficient.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

I can see its really strong if you are playing first person version .

but i admitted i thought you wrote this line for good laugh .

Its not like you cant see the mesmer behind you like in a fps game .

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

No you misunderstand me. The mesmer while running away from you can moa you.

K Pop

in PvP

Supreme.3164

At the top end of diamond, I have encountered several dual ele teams that spam air overload on cd since the other attunements are useful in bunkering.

I am just pointing out the obviously strong things of each profession. Adjusting each one of these would not make all of the professions magically the same.

I did not consider this initially because I forgot about it. But headshot takes 4 initial which is about 27% of the 15 initiative bar. At that fraction of the resource bar, it is ok. Headshot alone does minimal damage and the impact damage is delayed by a few seconds. It needs an icd of like 2 seconds because longer would make it less usable. Maybe even 1 sec.

Ranger

The fact that the only reliable stability source for the class is the elite should tell you that the class is meant to be weak to cc. Hence the massive emphasis on ranged combat. Similarly to a thief. You cannot justify the powercreep with other power creep else you create a positive feedback loop that finitely buffs everything. I think this is the approach Anet takes and probably is why everything is going up instead of down.

Mesmer

See response to above quote. Again, this is intended to show strength. Not compare to currently over powered items. There are many threads suggesting the skill be reduced to 5 secs with half the cd. I think the solution is to make chronomancer not affect elite skills.
———————

Double ele in diamond?

From pvp to wvw..ele is nothing more than a healbot, anything else it’s just insta dead..wow I don’t think we’re playing the same game really…or you must be trolling one of the two..you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about

in PvP

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

Thanks for the very useful list, a very good source of useful tips. Here and in all the “nerf this and that” threads you find much useful things for optimizing your own build.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Ranger

Mesmer

———————

Double ele in diamond?

From pvp to wvw..ele is nothing more than a healbot, anything else it’s just insta dead..wow I don’t think we’re playing the same game really…or you must be trolling one of the two..you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about

Idk you personally nor your experience but I can tell you ele are strong and hard to kill, if you are being one shotted with headbutts, then you are doing something wrong. And about the OP experience, well we might not agree on everything but dude has been playing the class for quite a while, multiclass and is legendary. So I mean…

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Ranger

Mesmer

———————

Double ele in diamond?

Idk you personally nor your experience but I can tell you ele are strong and hard to kill, if you are being one shotted with headbutts, then you are doing something wrong. And about the OP experience, well we might not agree on everything but dude has been playing the class for quite a while, multiclass and is legendary. So I mean…

Hmmm legendary and?…I’m diamond for the 2nd season in a row soloq and will go legendary too..and? does that make me a special snowflake?

Hard to kill?…anything is “hard to kill” 1vs1 while wearing a cleric amulet

Strong?..not really…legendary and multiclass..and die to cleric air overload?
Even more, legendary and all ..incapable of interrupting a low dmg skill with 4s cast time? KK

I need to jump on a profession never tried before and try very very very hard…to die to an ele in the current meta

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

musu.9205

I dont get this sentence ?

you mean mes could cast moa while moving ?

like i said moa itself has many many counter play . lets fix the power creep hot introduced first so in that 10s u will get less damage and condi and cc.then we can talk about balance of moa .

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Ranger

Mesmer

———————

Double ele in diamond?

Hmmm legendary and?…I’m diamond for the 2nd season in a row soloq and will go legendary too..and? does that make me a special snowflake?

Even more, legendary and all ..incapable of interrupting a low dmg skill with 4s cast time? KK

I need to jump on a profession never tried before and try very very very hard…to die to an ele in the current meta

You missed my point, all meant was that the OP, whether trolling or not, knows what he is talking about. Because you don’t get to legendary and multiclass without knowing the ins and outs of each classes. It may be that his experience differ from yours, but then again your points are stronger as his. So, dismissing ones experience because it differs from yours is meh…

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

musu.9205

Ranger

Mesmer

———————

Double ele in diamond?

You missed my point, all meant was that the OP, whether trolling or not, knows what he is talking about. Because you don’t get to legendary and multiclass without knowing the ins and outs of each classes. It may be that his experience differ from yours, but then again your points are stronger as his. So, dismissing ones experience because it differs from yours is meh…

I think you missed superme point : ele isnt dominating the pvp like it used to be . so ele is too weak and need to massive buff .
being op for support role isnt enough for old ele players who used to play godlike class

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Mesmer

And in all those threads they fail to realize there is another class that can insta cast aoe moa and have the same general cd ( for the suggested new cd of mesmer moa) for mere cost of a 2 sec shorter duration. Which one would you rather pick 5 sec single target 2 sec cast time or aoe 1/2 sec cast 3 sec duration?

Removing effects of Continuum Split on elites would overnerf the speicalization without any compensation. For example: Remove effects of Continuum Split on elites, lower recharge of Continuum Split to 45 secs

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I dont get this sentence ?

you mean mes could cast moa while moving ?

like i said moa itself has many many counter play . lets fix the power creep hot introduced first so in that 10s u will get less damage and condi and cc.then we can talk about balance of moa .

In the game, you usually have to be looking at what you target. This makes it so you know I am the target and I should dodge. There are some skills that are an exception to this. (Moa and corrupt boon are two, but this may not be every skill). Note that ground target skills are an exception as they target a space and not a person.
A mesmer can be running away from you and hit you with a moa. There is no indication that you are/were the target.

Mesmer

And in all those threads they fail to realize there is another class that can insta cast aoe moa and have the same general cd ( for the suggested new cd of mesmer moa) for mere cost of a 2 sec shorter duration. Which one would you rather pick 5 sec single target 2 sec cast time or aoe 1/2 sec cast 3 sec duration?

Removing effects of Continuum Split on elites would overnerf the speicalization without any compensation. For example: Remove effects of Continuum Split on elites, lower recharge of Continuum Split to 45 secs

There would need to be some compensation for the skill now. But imagine if chronomancer came out and it never affected elites in the first place. 45 seconds is way to short. 60 seconds would be ideal. With alacrity use you could get it closer to 45 seconds. It cannot be in the same ballpark as distortion as it is more powerful than distortion. Notice each shatter is about 12-13 seconds longer than the previous, so it would come in about 60-65 seconds.

Engi moa is much more manageable on the target and it has a 120 base cd. Now there is the aoe aspect, but in 3 seconds you can dodge roll and press moa 5 and be safe.

Ranger

Mesmer

———————

Double ele in diamond?

Take 2 eles, put them on mid fight in legacy, profit. They can 2v x while your other 3 deal with the rest of the map. I really do not see what you do not understand.
Take Mender’s amulet and suddenly you got damage and heals. You can do that with dual ele and suddenly air overload does damage.

Ranger

Mesmer

———————

Double ele in diamond?

I think you missed superme point : ele isnt dominating the pvp like it used to be . so ele is too weak and need to massive buff .
being op for support role isnt enough for old ele players who used to play godlike class

Flavor of the month elementalist is not dominating. But good eles will dominate. Ever play against Wakkey or QT vain on ele?

This is the problem with the forums. It is so one track minded. Oh my goodness necromancer. Forget everything else, only necro is overpowered. Except that is not true.

K Pop