Liven up PvP

Liven up PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Earthshaker.9123

Earthshaker.9123

I’m more of a PvE person, but I enjoy the occasional PvP – even since GW1, I would drop the daily “routine” of farming voltaics or UW and join (any) PvP mode, for fun and profit.

When I started playing GW2, I was busy enough with the content to neglect the PvP part, until the inevitable “I’m bored of this, I want to do something different, to have fun !” and clicked the crossed swords icon.
A couple of fights later, and first question popped up “So, what keeps me wanting to play PvP over PvE ?”. Fun, sure – even if some complain about certain OP classes or various imbalances that are prone to appear in this mode.

Profit ? Yeah…about that. I ended up quickly gathering the armor set I wanted via forge, and spent all the remaining glory on golden chests, only to get rewarded with skins I would probably never use and the occasional dyes.
That’s where I got reminded that in GW1 we had the Zaishen Keys (sort-of equivalent of our current Black Lion Keys), that were obtainable via faction trade (same as glory), and used to unlock chests with similar results to the BLC (tonics, skins to name but a few).
You didn’t want the key ? Why, you could had easily sold it for solid amount of cash – cash that could be used in PvE. Sounds unfair to those who prefer PvP over PvE ? Blame the devs, the idea was kept in the game for as long as I can tell, and it provided a different/fun/motivating alternative to those who were bored of PvE, or, simply just wanted a reason to try PvP

Some people prefer PvP over PvE (or the other way around), and nobody should feel forced to do either. ANET did a good job on not making either side feel persecuted for their preferences but, as of GW2, and, to repeat myself “What does motivate one to keep on PvP-ing?”. Or better yet, “Why should I PvP?”.
Not everyone is easily inclined to pop in there just for the sake of seeing their /rank display a dragon, and even those that have the drive feel a bit let down when the only proper mode that provides a decent PvP experience are tournaments.

(tl;dr)
So, what am I suggesting ? Well, if my post sounded more of a rant than anything, I would love PvP to have some variety (different PvP modes) and/or a solid reward system (see “Balthazar faction” from GW1), to motivate people into PvP, maybe even convert some to like it (and be better at it) – simply put, to liven it up.

I’m sorry for the lengthy topic and thank you for keeping up until here !

Liven up PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

I too would love some rewards that would affect PVE. New skins or dyes. Maybe even mini-pets, boosters or blacklion keys. There are already PVP only skins. It would be awesome if you could transfer these skins to PVE by buying them with tokens you get from winning matches or ranking up.

Still I would enjoy it if you could make real profit with PVP. It would offer an optional source of income for people who don’t want to farm orr and COF all day long. Nothing game breaking tho since it would otherwise be unfair for people who do not enjoy competitive gameplay.

Liven up PvP

in PvP

Earthshaker.9123

It would offer an optional source of income for people who don’t want to farm orr and COF all day long. Nothing game breaking tho since it would otherwise be unfair for people who do not enjoy competitive gameplay.

Exactly that. I do not want one mode to replace the other, but to complete it, or give a viable alternative to those who would rather give up 1 hour of farming a dungeon or other PvE location to PvP instead, but not lose the profit they could had otherwise made.

Liven up PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

I want PvP to have nothing to do with PvE and vice/versa.

I don’t PvP to gain any benefits besides PvP action.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

Liven up PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Quite the hero.

Liven up PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

How would it affect your life? It would be an OPTION. Not the new COF p1.

Liven up PvP

in PvP

Earthshaker.9123

You can already transfer PvE skins to PvP, or, to a lesser extent, make money out of the dyes that drop from the reward chests in PvP.
Perhaps they are not exactly the sort of profitable benefit, but it’s one nonetheless.