Location-based targeting

Location-based targeting

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

In my mind there’s no reason why when someone is targeted at home, if a team member then calls a different target at far, that my target is switched to the one at far. I understand the point of targeting is to help the team focus on targets, but it’s self-defeating when the target isn’t even visible from your current location.

My solution to the problem is a bubble around each cap point (not necessarily literally circle-shaped, don’t have to be even sizes). If you call a target within that bubble, when your allies (within that bubble) try to take a target, that one will be the one they take. If another target is then called in a different bubble, then that will not affect target-taking in the bubble you’re currently in. Your target should not be switched if you walk into another bubble unless you try to take target again once in the new bubble.

Location-based targeting

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

What we need is a personal and a team target. You could solve your problem plus a lot of other situations

M I L K B O I S

Location-based targeting

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

What we need is a personal and a team target. You could solve your problem plus a lot of other situations

That’s pretty true. It would complicate things for the player a bit, but outside of that it would work quite well. There’s definitely times where my current target is invuln/blocking for 3-4s and I’d like to quickly switch to another good target and use AA or a low-CD attack, then switch back. Having 2 target options would be useful in that situation.