Logging off before a loss and ratings.

in PvP

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

Q:

True, false, or unknown:

Does logging off before a tourney loss, not affect someone’s hidden rank?

I’ve run into this more than once. I stated the scenerio in map chat, and someone stated that they left because they didn’t want the loss to mess up their individual ratings. Personally, this seems absurd to me, and just as bad as afkers and no shows. But if a disconnect or character switch still acknowledges you as part of the tourney group, how does it still not continue to hash out the loss for him/her despite exiting the game?

Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

That seems like a ridiculous excuse to leave seeing as how there is 0 incentive to have a good rating. It determines who you get matched against and if you’re already ‘losing’ then why ragequit to save your rating so you continue to play high rated teams?

Seeing as how they refuse to reveal the details of the rating system and whether or not leaving actually counts as a loss of rating I’m sure those people are just guessing that they won’t be losing rating.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

We are all guessing whether there is even a rating system in the first place.

There no evidence of this mythical rating anywhere, oh the joys of a supposedly hidden MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

No evidence? Well devs have confirmed it on several occasions. Based on my hundreds of tournaments I believe it is in place.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

There no evidence of this mythical rating anywhere, oh the joys of a supposedly hidden MMR.

There definitely is an effective matchmaking system. After maybe 500 tournaments under the new system this is clear.

I also think it has improved, so maybe they have done some stealth improvements recently.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

The thing is, there is no visible evidence of any kind to a to actually prove it. I’m not saying that it isn’t working, I’m saying that no player in this game can confirm, without a doubt, that an effective MMR is actually in place.

I’ve done around 90-120 tournaments since the feb patch dropped. I’ve won maybe 50% of them, which is fair. I’ve played with sub rank 10’s, and against top teams (even got stomped by Powerr in a quick solo que).

It could be a symptom of a minimal pool of players, but until the MMR is visible, I can see it rise and fall post match, can calculate my overall team MMR and see the differential between highest rated and lowest rated in a given match or on a given team, it’s simply assuming its working.

You can say that you get more close matches, or face more premades Shan you win more or whatever, none of that proves that the MMR system even exists. For all we know it could be purely random and just matching based on what people had for breakfast and who wears red jocks.

It might aswell be.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

My experience during the restart of the MMR shows me that the system is in place and works properly. While I started playing with my guild against random-pugs and solo-quers now we only face high-end-guilds/premades. For me it clearly works, just needed time to get all players on the level they were before the reset.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

MMR works.
There are not enough players so it searches for people outside of your level, or you beat the lower levels enough so you’ll find higher levels.
Works perfectly, just not enough players for it to work the way you want it to.

in PvP

Posted by: leashmaygoss.2140

leashmaygoss.2140

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if logging off before a loss dodged rating change for your account looking at how flawed every single thing that’s in this game can get.

One step forward, two step backwards.

I’ve seen players that I know have access to PTR and are in touch with devs constantly logging out at the end of losing games (i.e. Java). Imho this game will end up like GW1 if the PTR doesn’t go public (i.e. [rawr] dominating every single MATs for a year, they had access to PTR and helped Izzy balance the game I believe), theres no reason not to make it public it can only bring good stuff for the community and will help keep the game healthy and bugless, no surprises.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

(edited by leashmaygoss.2140)

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

(i.e. [rawr] dominating every single MATs for a year, they had access to PTR and helped Izzy balance the game I believe)

Asp ( [rawr] ) confessed that he would object to good balance changes just to show that he could influence skill changes.

The post is buried somewhere in www.teamquitter.com and doesn’t technically prove anything since the site has no connection to someone’s in game identity.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

(edited by mbh.8301)

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

The devs announced it, they arent lying.

It would be nice to have more info on how this mmr works. Also it is limited in its potency by the limited population playing tournis.

in PvP

mbh.8301

It would be nice to have more info on how this mmr works. Also it is limited in its potency by the limited population playing tournis.

On the topic of mmr; the Jons said that they didn’t want to share the details of the mmr system because of…reasons? Maybe it was things. Sounded shady.

Oh yeah! more gw1 references! Because in gw1 players knew how the rating worked from day 1. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_ladder#The_Math
After not playing a match for a month it drops you off the ladder, but you keep the rating until there’s a reset.

If the mmr system isn’t appreciably better than this one then I’d bet that the hidden mmr system was a ruse / feint / lie. The only other option is even more disheartening.

I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

(edited by mbh.8301)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I like how people derailed your thread and never answered your question. I know for hotjoins if you leave it wont affect you.. So I’m pretty sure if you leave tournament game and wait for the game to end before logging back in it wont affect you either because the game never ended and everything is recorded at the end of the game.

When they do the new ranking system they should make the disconnecting from tournament count same amount of deduction as a loss or more because with technology now people just don’t magically disconnect.

in PvP

Jax.5261

On the topic of mmr; the Jons said that they didn’t want to share the details of the mmr system because of…reasons? Maybe it was things. Sounded shady.

Oh yeah! more gw1 references! Because in gw1 players knew how the rating worked from day 1. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_ladder#The_Math
After not playing a match for a month it drops you off the ladder, but you keep the rating until there’s a reset.

If the mmr system isn’t appreciably better than this one then I’d bet that the hidden mmr system was a ruse / feint / lie. The only other option is even more disheartening.

I assure you it works. With good players I’m always against top teams, if we queue at the same time we will always face eachother. If I solo q I won’t get against those teams very often, if I play my alt I get with loads of low levels (1-40) and never against good teams.

in PvP

Posted by: hrkljus.1243

hrkljus.1243

No evidence? Well devs have confirmed it on several occasions. Based on my hundreds of tournaments I believe it is in place.

Come on don’t be so naive. Politicians were confirming to us all about Sadam’s massive hidden nuclear arms stash for months, and about all the overwhelming evidence they had…it doesn’t mean it’s true.

I’m going to frame this and put it up on my wall as an example of the amazing GW2 PvP community.

I feel sorry for the devs who have to make a game for people like you.

Piken Square

in PvP

mbh.8301

I assure you it works. With good players I’m always against top teams, if we queue at the same time we will always face eachother. If I solo q I won’t get against those teams very often, if I play my alt I get with loads of low levels (1-40) and never against good teams.

You assure me it works?
How can you assure me using your alleged personal experience.
Obviously my personal experience, and that of others, does not agree with yours.
I guess you must be right, and many others must be wrong.

If they wanted to release rankings, they could’ve done that right off the bat. Everyone knows it would be as dramatic as the start of a cross-desert horse race, but at least we would actually know it existed.

When they tell us that the ladder has to be reset before they turn on the ladder, I will invite you to forcibly insert your opinions in your most delicate orifice.

in PvP

Jax.5261

You assure me it works?
How can you assure me using your alleged personal experience.
Obviously my personal experience, and that of others, does not agree with yours.
I guess you must be right, and many others must be wrong.

If they wanted to release rankings, they could’ve done that right off the bat. Everyone knows it would be as dramatic as the start of a cross-desert horse race, but at least we would actually know it existed.

When they tell us that the ladder has to be reset before they turn on the ladder, I will invite you to forcibly insert your opinions in your most delicate orifice.

There aren’t enough players for it to work properly. Unless you’d rather have no game OR play against somebody way worse than you.

in PvP

mbh.8301

There aren’t enough players for it to work properly. Unless you’d rather have no game OR play against somebody way worse than you.

You just said that when you play on your main account you get matched up with good teams and when you play on your low ranked account you get matched up with bad teams.

So, which is it?

in PvP

Jax.5261

You just said that when you play on your main account you get matched up with good teams and when you play on your low ranked account you get matched up with bad teams.

So, which is it?

If there are enough players, or I get a massive queue and play against the opposite, which prevents you having no game at all, you get an unevenly matched game. Which sucks, but there aren’t enough players.

in PvP

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

I like how people derailed your thread and never answered your question. I know for hotjoins if you leave it wont affect you.. So I’m pretty sure if you leave tournament game and wait for the game to end before logging back in it wont affect you either because the game never ended and everything is recorded at the end of the game.

When they do the new ranking system they should make the disconnecting from tournament count same amount of deduction as a loss or more because with technology now people just don’t magically disconnect.

Yeah I know. ;_;

But, considering the rating system is so vague, we probably wont know for sure until they actually release the leaderboards themselves to test this theory.

(edited by mongolianmisfit.8350)

in PvP

mbh.8301

But, considering the rating system is so vague, we probably wont know for sure until they actually release the leaderboards themselves to test this theory.

They have to reset the ladder before making it visible.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

No. They absolutly should not reset the ladder again. There is NO NEED to do this unless they are changing it to divide solo and team queue. Then reset the ladder. Otherwise never ever will they do this if they have ANY sense. People will be very annoyed if their hard work will count for nothing anyway.

in PvP

mbh.8301

No. They absolutly should not reset the ladder again. There is NO NEED to do this unless they are changing it to divide solo and team queue. Then reset the ladder. Otherwise never ever will they do this if they have ANY sense. People will be very annoyed if their hard work will count for nothing anyway.

Because there is no mmr system right now they say that it got reset and then introduce it as if it was there all along.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Because there is no mmr system right now they say that it got reset and then introduce it as if it was there all along.

Not sure if your being serious? There is definately an MMR system. Most games are competitive (although sometimes I have a disaster and we lose heavily and sometimes the opposition has a disaster and the same happens.)

Still there is an mmr system. Why do you think there isn’t? Just joking or trolling or what?

in PvP

mbh.8301

Not sure if your being serious? There is definately an MMR system. Most games are competitive (although sometimes I have a disaster and we lose heavily and sometimes the opposition has a disaster and the same happens.)

Still there is an mmr system. Why do you think there isn’t? Just joking or trolling or what?

What I’m reading: “there’s totally MMR, but it’s so erratic that I can’t really tell it exists judging by the quality of teammates and opponents I get.”

When I go into a solo queue it’s just a big lottery. During the first couple weeks I had huge win streaks, and now I’m playing with bunnies and deer. Yeah, this mmr thing is totally working for me.