Long Bow /Short Bow Ranger PVP video

in PvP

Posted by: LSD.6139

LSD.6139

So, i recently started playing GW2 again, i don’t know what is viable or not but i used my old build from back when GW2 first launched, i hope you guys enjoy the video and to give me some constructive criticism in order to Improve my SPVP skills , also i will soon Upload a Video with LB/GS which i seem to like a bit more than this one so far ^^,
thanks and have fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja3I9QtvdTA

in PvP

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

I have a feeling that touting your “skills” as a power lb/gs ranger is going to land you in a world of flame and troll my friend. Its not a very warmly recieved build choice atm

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in PvP

Posted by: Luki.8941

Luki.8941

@Lsd I would be happy to watch your Ranger LB/Gs video and do not get discouraged
I have on my youtube channel videos of Ranger (Power build LB/Gs) full matches mostly on solo sPVP sometimes with friend so please free to check them and maybe you will like it. Play what you like always I say and enjoy I say:)

@Black Scoutsman You are right but I have to say that i find it silly of this discussion of skills of class vs class or spec vs spec. True Power ranger is easier to pick up then other ranger builds / classes builds on beginning but it there is difference between pick up the build and actually doing good with it. If I would have to mention class to be easiest to play and still do good would be Hambow Warrior and Guardian Medi GS even Ele is fairly easy compare what you bring to table.
Skills for me are skills needed to get your class and build to get to be fairly competitive where LB/Gs need much more skills then any Cele build I do agree that engineer which I have been playing on release (not much now) has the highest skill cap from them all but it is currently so strong that I decided to mention it.

Rariz (Ranger) , Bazinek (Engineer)
YouTube channel RarizGaming Gw2/Heroes of the storm Beta
http://youtu.be/W7hWjRetPDo?list=PLDSrFjXKFzmkxIY-VsFFESqLFgrnBEFhg

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Sorry OP, but you are indeed truly terrible.
Here are some things you should practice:
- Situational Awareness:
Notice how that guardian almost always manage to teleport and nuke you? That is because you only look dead ahead. Look around you, all 360 degrees, as often as possible.

- Tunnel vision:
You get so focused, so greedy, so hung up on your target that you lose track of other things. This is not only related to the point above, but also to how you play. You let yourself drop down to 4-5k HP, on a glass ranger. That means that almost any burst skill can down you instantly. You must manage your HP, and utilities, much better.

- Positioning:
You stop and shoot. That is a good tactic, IF and only IF, the enemy cannot reach you. However you do this on flat terrain, with no hurdles between you and your enemy. When playing ranger it is crucial to think “how can i position myself so that others cannot suddenly attack me?”. Get onto a ledge, or hide behind allies and attack from far far away.

- Pet usage:
It was nearly non existent. Use the pet and use it properly.
In your case, the spider is a terrible choice, you should opt for more AOE type of pets, such as Alpine Wolf (AOE Chill) or Black Bear (AOE Weakness). These will be more helpful for you then your spider.

- The Build:
It seems clumsy, like you put together some pieces here and there to try maximize DPS, but did not for a moment think about defense. You have one stunbreaker, which you “cannot” use if you want to maintain maximum offense. Which is fine, if you had some other defensive skills. Alas you do not, therefore the moment you get caught without stability or your stability gets stolen/corrupted, you will be destroyed.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: uboot.8715

uboot.8715

0:40
Protip – dont use Point Blank Shot as Aegis removal

Champion Titles: 6/8
The Various Artists [feat]

in PvP

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

@OP: While I’m always happy to see more rangers posting videos, I have to agree with some of the above posters that you’re not very good. Here are two things, in addition to what has already been mentioned by Prysin, that you should work on for your PvP prowess:

- Movement:
Movement is an important aspect in many MMO’s and this goes doubly so Guild Wars 2. Backpeddling is an absolute no no. If you walk backwards, you are moving at a much, much slower pace than if you were going forward or sideways. Forget that silly S key (unbind it if it’s too hard to unlearn normally) and teach yourself to strafe instead.

- Keybindings:
Even if I couldn’t see your mouse due to the recording program you use, I could tell you were a clicker. Clicking is and always will be slower than a propper keybind, so bind your skills in such a manner that you can hit them on your keyboard without even having to look.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in PvP

Posted by: LSD.6139

LSD.6139

Thanks every one for the advice! just one note about the clicking with mouse thingie, yes i do it some times but not often i have mouse with extra buttons that i use for my utility skills the problem is GW2 is not the main game that i play ( still trying to get better at it though) im mainly a MOBA player for now. i will work on my mistakes in order to improve thanks all for the advice ^^ here is the LB/GS PVP video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA9Vnn7_Xs4

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I so wanted to try to make LB/SB work. I run with it in WvW but not sure I can make it work in PvP.

Although when Stronghold comes out…

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Well, at least I can compliment your choice of music!

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Power LB ranger is about the easiest class in the game atm. Just stand way out of range and wait till your teammates show up and engage. Then press 2 to win.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Luki.8941

Luki.8941

@Ithilwen Press 2 only too see that your enemy do dodge roll and you just wasted all your dps (from what you saying) What next you gonna hide behind your team mates and try again when they are fight 4vs5 ?
There is difference between playing and doing ok even. There are builds which are far easier then LB in sPVP and you can actually do good with them much easier.

Rariz (Ranger) , Bazinek (Engineer)
YouTube channel RarizGaming Gw2/Heroes of the storm Beta
http://youtu.be/W7hWjRetPDo?list=PLDSrFjXKFzmkxIY-VsFFESqLFgrnBEFhg