"Long Range Shot"- is this a joke?

in PvP

Posted by: WOW.9653

WOW.9653

http://gyazo.com/6480a34ed497d35e07c5646fe76f833d 2 hits for no less than 7,000 damage.
SEVEN THOUSAND FOR 2 HITS THAT HAS LIKE 8000 RANGE
why?
Also, don’t forget to mod DFTC on your Twitch channels

(edited by WOW.9653)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Were you inside a tank when you got hit sir?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

This is why ranger is annoying sometimes. Rapid Fire doesn’t bother me. It’s how ROFLWTFLMAO the auto attack is.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Thats why i play ranger in pvp
I also love how players say haha noob ranger go play a meta build 1 minute later they are dead on the ground and say omfg your build is no skill.

in PvP

WOW.9653

I also love how players say haha noob ranger go play a meta build 1 minute later they are dead on the ground and say omfg your build is no skill.

High five m8?

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

Still doesn’t change the fact its a no skill build LOL.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Yes it does seem like a joke, most of my friends agree that it’s broken and so do I (and I have a ranger, I played with it)

If you compare it to range dps of staff-eles autoattack for example they do over 5 times the average damage per second and it’s even worse if you compile the stats with other attunements than fire.

in PvP

Posted by: andrew.4309

andrew.4309

I agree. I support this!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

lol, and you play what exactly?

And after LRS is nerfed, I guess life blast will be the next target?

in PvP

WOW.9653

Life Blast requires DS, has much longer cast time and moves slowly, deals less damage overall, much shorter range.
YE son your point isn’t valid and you should feel bad for saying it

in PvP

Atherakhia.4086

Life Blast requires DS, has much longer cast time and moves slowly, deals less damage overall, much shorter range.

Range is the only thing on your list that’s true…

Life blast homes, has the same dps below 600 range, and often has 100% crit chance behind it. But I had no point. I just like the random QQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

This is especially true when fighting a thief as ranger.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Less damage lol..
Go test on dummy you ignorant folks.
Life blasts hit for about 4.5k “regardless the range”, pierces, with almost 100%crit rate.
Long range shot maximum damage at 1000+ range is like 3.3k (1500 if no crit), 2.5K crit at 500- range, with around 50% crit rate only.

Lich Form doubles that damage, dealing 8k damage per crit, firing at a faster rate than LB auto. Rapid fire hit like 8~9k on “zerker medium or light classes”, and only when all the channel lands. (only kitten will take full damage from RF, it’s a 2.5 seconds channel skills, if your reaction is this slow, you need to go see a doctor.) By the time Rapid Fire finishes, Lich Form already deals 17k damage, while most people dodged half of the damage of RF, making it hit like 4~5k only.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

When will you people understand that if you try and compare one class to another youre going to get lopsided results and classes are stronger at certain things for a reason.
plz stop comparing classes to each other.ps air/fire is the real thing to blame

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Well, at least it’s a good thing those Rangers don’t have AoE snares, fears, immobiles and knockdowns on short cooldowns.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Well, at least it’s a good thing those Rangers don’t have AoE snares, fears, immobiles and knockdowns on short cooldowns.

…and invuls..<_<

i don’t think rangers are that OP but i don’t think that pressing 1 and 2 and eat entire HP bar from enemy could really motivate newer players to get better at game :P

i do wish the effective range wasn’t almost 2000~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

…and invuls..<_<

i don’t think rangers are that OP but i don’t think that pressing 1 and 2 and eat entire HP bar from enemy could really motivate newer players to get better at game :P

Not really. Power ranger requires immense skills than condition ranger. Usually condition ranger eats power ranger alive easily. I’m not even kidding. In conquest, power ranger needs immense skill just to stay alive. The real easy mode out there is Shoutbow Warrior and condition Engi.

in PvP

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Yeah it is pretty obnoxious. However it’s hilarious as hell to play ranger. I do that sometimes, especially when I want to annoy people and relieve stress. In fact I might go do that right now

The other thing to consider is that if you’re playing zerk ranger, you have basically no survivability. Get up close and make them melt; that’s how you do it.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

As a ranger, killing is not the challenge. It’s surviving that is the hard part. They have some defensive tools but a skillful rush-down player can mow over rangers and squash them like they’re nothing.

If you see a ranger dealing good damage and impacting the game, that’s a very skillful and successful ranger. Don’t undermine his triumphs of surviving to get to that point of being able to deal damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

…and invuls..<_<

Not really. Power ranger requires immense skills than condition ranger. Usually condition ranger eats power ranger alive easily. I’m not even kidding. In conquest, power ranger needs immense skill just to stay alive. The real easy mode out there is Shoutbow Warrior.

That’s the point, in many cases enemy doesn’t even get a chance to get in range to actually pressure ranger… it happens all the time when i use multiple port to get in melee, those rangers falter and can’t defend themself because they are too used to kill enemies before they even get close…. then there are actually good players (see ROM) that actually know what they are doing and ranger actually does have decent survival (via CDs and CCs). But those players are rare. My point is massive glass cannon signet backstab dmg from almost 2k range spoils players and does them no good in long run (especially when meta changes). But that is my opinion.

It would be good if class actually had decen viable build w/o relying on some gimmicks and awkward pet mechanics but i honestly don’t know what could save rangers there.

Warriors will always have low skill floor no matter how meta changes because it is what i would call an entrance gate class. It allows newer players to have some success w/o needing rocket science. It is also a curse of the class, imo, because difference between bad and good player using that class is sadly not that great and limits what good player can do.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

What is your argument for the fact you can stand behind a wall vs a ranger but vs say a thief or guard they can just teleport through the wall for the same damage?

Are those not “broken” as well?

But then… If everything is “broken” doesn’t that mean balance?

Did someone say ROM is playing power ranger?!? vid links PLEASE!

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The OPness of power ranger in pug groups is due to the inability of players focusing fire on them.

Most of the power rangers are bad players who just start using up all their utilities in rough situations.

in PvP

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Haha, it was supposed to be 8k =x

Anyway, my guess is that you got unlucky that a trick successfully pulled out on you.

Here’s the equation
First hit: Signet of Hunt (150%dmg + Opening strike with vulnerable 5 stacks with Crits )
Second hit: (stealth (Remorseless) + opening strike with vulnerable 10 stacks +150% dmg on signet of hunt again) = 2 hits 7k dmg

The fact is that timing is everything for this trick, the ranger have to wait Signet of Hunt CD to finish before giving you another headshot with 150% dmg. I miss the time where there is no duration for the 150% dmg buff =( Arena ninja nerfed us.

Where what u see is just 2 hits, try a bit effort to understand before accusing and shouting. I’m guessing you are wearing full zerk gear as well? And you expect to tank another full zerk ranger attack?

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Did someone say ROM is playing power ranger?!? vid links PLEASE!

I don’t think he highlights it, but he sometimes does it either for fun for himself, or per request on his stream

He is going to steram more often now as well, and is certainly an enjoyable watch (which you would know I guess)

In his team, sometimes Denshee picks up Ranger on Foefire – leading to some fun matches if Drazeh (ex CM, now TCG) does the same

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Im gonna go on a limb and guess.
One. Your naked or a light armor in zerk
Two. Your opponent. was a 66 longbow build with every available damage multiplier working as well as a good amount of might. (He has 100% endurance. And your being hit from behind=20% damage boost + multiple other damage modifiers)
Three. Your opponent was also complete glass.

What that means is he was running a built fairly similar to the old maul builds that used to be more common. Pop multiple damage modifiers (10% damage from endurance. 10% damage from flanking. 25% from SotW. As well as the signet of the hunt proc all at once) and make sure that one attack hits.

Which means you got wrecked by someone in a literally perfect situation. Im assuming he ganked you. Your probably died at about the same speed you would have if a good thief had ganked you.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Two. Your opponent. was a 66 longbow build with every available damage multiplier working as well as a good amount of might. (He has 100% endurance. And your being hit from behind=20% damage boost + multiple other damage modifiers)

What that means is he was running a built fairly similar to the old maul builds that used to be more common. Pop multiple damage modifiers (10% damage from endurance. 10% damage from flanking. 25% from SotW. As well as the signet of the hunt proc all at once) and make sure that one attack hits.

Which means you got wrecked by someone in a literally perfect situation. Im assuming he ganked you. Your probably died at about the same speed you would have if a good thief had ganked you.

That’s not the point. The point is you can do this as a ranger while sitting on the other side of map.

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

OP : full zerk fresh air ele complaining about getting rekt by random crit spikes. Well played !

That’s not the point. The point is you can do this as a ranger while sitting on the other side of map.

Your “point” is a lie. Even if you would say things that would be worth reading, like :

“The point is you can do this as a ranger while sitting at 1500 range.”

This would still almost only be true on Foefire. GG whining on a spec hard countered by … maps. There’s a reason this spec isn’t rocking the meta guys, get over it.

(edited by Ouroboros.5076)

in PvP

Laraley.7695

OP : full zerk fresh air ele complaining about getting rekt by random crit spikes. Well played !

Your “point” is a lie. Even if you would say things that would be worth reading, like :

“The point is you can do this as a ranger while sitting at 1500 range.”

This would still almost only be true on Foefire. GG whining on a spec hard countered by … maps. There’s a reason this spec isn’t rocking the meta guys, get over it.

I know that recognizing someone is exaggerating from a written text can be difficult, but I imagined this was an easy one.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Realisticly it’d only happen in Hot Join zzz.
If a ranger just sit on the other side of map doing his stuffs, he either is a bad ranger, or your team suck and couldn’t force ranger to stand on cap point because all your nodes are being taken by enemies.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

If a ranger just sit on the other side of map doing his stuffs, he either is a bad ranger, or your team suck and couldn’t force ranger to stand on cap point because all your nodes are being taken by enemies.

I know that recognizing someone is exaggerating from a written text can be difficult, but I imagined this was an easy one.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

I don’t need exaggeration. My point is I have a much much easier time playing as an Engi or Warrior, and be successful than playing a power ranger. Almost any competent conditions/ celestial spec can eat my power ranger alive if I make one mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyrie.1794

Valkyrie.1794

Rangers aren’t particularly wanted in dungeons, might as well let them have this in PvP, right? lol

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I don’t need exaggeration. My point is I have a much much easier time playing as an Engi or Warrior, and be successful than playing a power ranger. Almost any competent conditions/ celestial spec can eat my power ranger alive if I make one mistake.

I was pointing out why your reply to mine was irrelevant. That’s great for you, power ranger takes hardly any skill and is nowhere near to being as squishy as thief or zerker ele while having a good amount of cc and longest range in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I was pointing out why your reply to mine was irrelevant. That’s great for you, power ranger takes hardly any skill and is nowhere near to being as squishy as thief or zerker ele while having a good amount of cc and longest range in game.

Actually in order to get damage like what’s displayed here the player had to have been using a 6/6 set up, which means they have no survival from their traits, and blew two utility skills for the damage spike. So this ranger’s entire survivability is summed up as one block on their greatsword, a 3 second stealth on hit, and 6 seconds of invuln from Signet of Stone.

Meanwhile any good thief build is going to have loads of stealth and far more mobility, making them harder to pin down and vastly harder to track. A thief has much, much better disengage potential and can easily reset the fight. Zerker ele has three powerful cantrip defenses, more mobility, and has more healing and party support built into the class baseline.

The main defense for thief is stealth. The main defense for ele is cantrips and heals. The main defense for power ranger is that incredible range. Without it they wouldn’t be playable.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Go try one in tournament, you hot-join heroes. Just go try it and see how successful and easy you can be.

Also no Ele run zerker in PVP. Nice try bro, way to show how new you are.
Now I can safely reply you: L2P.

in PvP

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

Power Ranger is worthless in sPvP.
They dont do comparable damage to that in WvW, although its still high..
Just close the gap, keep a stunbreak for their CC and bite their butt?

Play thief, instahug them and permablind them. They go nuts with signets?
You go nuts with Shadow Refuge or even regular leap stealths.
Unless Pet fear interrupting shroud “charge-up”…

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Fresh Air.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Life blasts hit for about 4.5k “regardless the range”, pierces, with almost 100%crit rate.
Long range shot maximum damage at 1000+ range is like 3.3k (1500 if no crit), 2.5K crit at 500- range, with around 50% crit rate only.

This is actually only half true.
The damage coeffecents per second are (the numbers are taken from the wiki):
Lifeblast:
0-600 range: 1.4/1.4=1
600-1200 range 1/1.4=0.71

Long Range Shot:
+1000 range: 0.9
500-1000 range: 0.8
0-500 range: 0.7

So past 600 range Longrange shot does more damage (not counting any traits for ether). Only in 0-600 range Lifeblast does more damage and considering that weapons wiht small range tend to do more damage, i dont think it is unfair.

Now if we include the 50% crit chance in DS trait Lifeblast will most likely get higher dps but the potential burst of Long Range Shot past the 600 range is still higher, e.g. if you are lucky and crit a few times in a row, which is not unlikely with zerker gear and fury boon.

So i would conclude that at the 600+ range Long Range Shot is more dangerous then Lifeblast.

Also Lifeblast only pieces if traited and Long Range Shot can also pierce if traited.

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Power ranger is again just a build for new players to be effective.

Mesmer used Distortion in a teamfight? Okay lets just autoattack from this ledge and he will have to pop all his utils, retreat to a safe spot or die on point.

Player enters stealth, press 2.

I’m being focussed? press 3, and improve position.

Panic? Stone Signet

Down? CC and selfheal to the limit

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

Imagine a new plyer entering a match only to get 100% – 0% by a Ranger auto from across the map.

Don’t even get me started on the options Rangers have to stop you from ever reaching them alive.

And about eating full RF. In a perfect event where eveyone knows to dodge and RF is the only thing worth dodging, yes it’s crap. But in the real world a 1-shot skill should not exist.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

The the traited range at almost 2000 needs to be nerfed. And power ranger can indeed be a good addition to a team. Eurantien is a power ranger for one of the NA teams that went to the wts. If you’re a ranger all you need to do is position yourself in the right spot where your enemy will have a hassle trying to get you. In this case your COUNTERS such as condi classes or porting classes should go after you. Every class has counters, but when we’re talking about balance, close to 2000 range hits are absurd.

And I lol’d at the comparison to life blast. Life blast does not home (someone said it did wtf, I think you’re thinking of DS #2) and it has 1200 range, you need to trait for it to pierce so it doesn’t get obstructed, it has the most obvious animation in the world (big dark energy ball charging up in front of the necro) and its cast time is brutal. You most certainly cannot state lifeblast is on the same level as longbow ranger.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Marciolegal.3461

Marciolegal.3461

Well… With my build, one of my pets can hit in an aoe for 7k damage… The hardest to kill ppl are ones that can avoid damage and can heal a lot.
So that build is easy to counter if you want to. the stealth thief build is way more stupid: Can be invisible most of the time so that I need to sit and let him give his 5k hit before I can even start combat… On top of that they can basically leave the fight when loosing and come back when they full health, ready for another burst, while my cooldowns are half way. If I don’t 1hit kill them (which is what I do), It is impossible to kill cause I wont have a target to start with. I think thieves builds that have that extreme ability to damage and keep stealth shouldn’t have also the mobility and so on . That is, make them choose a combination of two (mobility + damage Or stealth + damage Or stealth + mobility).

in PvP

Posted by: Xerox.6851

Xerox.6851

Yes, traited the lb on ranger is supposed to reach up to 1500 range.
In actuality:
http://www.gw2wvw.net/image/probably-africa

Syndictive [Syn]
Point Blank [Shot]

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Less damage lol..
Go test on dummy you ignorant folks.

Lich Form doubles that damage, dealing 8k damage per crit, firing at a faster rate than LB auto. Rapid fire hit like 8~9k on “zerker medium or light classes”, and only when all the channel lands. (only kitten will take full damage from RF, it’s a 2.5 seconds channel skills, if your reaction is this slow, you need to go see a doctor.) By the time Rapid Fire finishes, Lich Form already deals 17k damage, while most people dodged half of the damage of RF, making it hit like 4~5k only.

Your life blast numbers are very exaggerated. very rarely does lb hit for 4.5

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

Power Necro build is funny but they only hit hard in DS or LF both of which are tied to cooldowns and in general Necros are prone to being focused.

Rangers on the other hand… GG 2100 range.

in PvP

Atherakhia.4086

Lifeblast:

Long Range Shot:

So past 600 range Longrange shot does more damage (not counting any traits for ether). Only in 0-600 range Lifeblast does more damage and considering that weapons wiht small range tend to do more damage, i dont think it is unfair.

Now if we include the 50% crit chance in DS trait Lifeblast will most likely get higher dps but the potential burst of Long Range Shot past the 600 range is still higher, e.g. if you are lucky and crit a few times in a row, which is not unlikely with zerker gear and fury boon.

So i would conclude that at the 600+ range Long Range Shot is more dangerous then Lifeblast.

Also Lifeblast only pieces if traited and Long Range Shot can also pierce if traited.

Don’t forget read the wind. That adjusts your LRS coefficients up to 1.0 at max range. Thus why the 2 have the same DPS if within their ideal ranges.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Ranger is just one of those classes which take absolutely no skill no matter how you build it tbh.

It’s just one of the worst designed classes, you give it something crazy, it will become FOTM annoying/broken kinda like spirit ranger.

Like Long Bow ranger for example? You don’t dodge the pet you will get knocked down and feared. You dodge the rapid fire in open area? The pet will knock you down and make you open to Long Bow auto/rapid-fire/Ranger Team mates.

Like without counting how braindead ranger already is with evade spam? The fact that Ranger inherently baits dodges easy makes it already ridiculous. The fact that it has AI makes it so easy to land attacks on ranger.

TL;DR Ranger is a badly designed class and needs to get reworked. Let’s start by looking at Lone Druid from Dota tbh.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

was this supposed to be a joke?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Lifeblast:

Long Range Shot:

LB makes hard choice if they want to pierce. You either have to sacrifice 1500 range and damage, or make your LB unable to hit anyone (no RtW) if you want to make LB pierces.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Fresh Air.

kitten toxsa how many pvp matches do you have! 200? What a joke. What does fresh ai run rabid? LOL.

Way to tell someone l2p….

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus