Longest losing streak

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Angelweave.1856

Angelweave.1856

So what’s your longest losing streak and did you break anything in frustration?

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

i once lost like 7 in a row cuz we went against the same team every time and it was pretty frustrating ya

gerdian

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

Longest losing streak is lucky 13.
I broke my dignity.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

No clue. It was in the old system though. I just remember nights I would just log off guild wars when all hope was lost.

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Haven’t had any real bad streaks lately, like 8 is probably the biggest.
However my games are looking like, L L L W L L L L L L L W W L L L L L L L L L L W.
Is losing majority of games frustrating? YUP.
Prior to this new system I had 49.9% solo que win rate, before that solo que system I had 56% win rate. Currently at 42%.

So I’m not really liking this new system. Also, the players I keep getting que’ed with are end game PvP’ers.

Game likes to pit me against the good players too. I’ve noticed I played against Thee Faux like 10 times, but all 10 of those games were against him. The only player I tend to get on the same team with is Ostrich Eggs, sometimes Zoose (and it isn’t no blowout win, we still struggle, but win most of the times I’ve had one of them on my team). Also, Drunknpossum, is always on the other team too, I played against him a lot, and I don’t think I’ve ever won a game against Thee Faux or Drunknpossum.

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

However my games are looking like, L L L W L L L L L L L W W L L L L L L L L L L W.
Prior to this new system I had 49.9% solo que win rate, before that solo que system I had 56% win rate. Currently at 42%.

So I’m not really liking this new system. Also, the players I keep getting que’ed with are end game PvP’ers.

Game likes to pit me against the good players too. I’ve noticed I played against Thee Faux like 10 times, but all 10 of those games were against him. The only player I tend to get on the same team with is Ostrich Eggs, sometimes Zoose (and it isn’t no blowout win, we still struggle, but win most of the times I’ve had one of them on my team). Also, Drunknpossum, is always on the other team too, I played against him a lot, and I don’t think I’ve ever won a game against Thee Faux or Drunknpossum.

Just because they play competitively doesn’t make them gods. I am sure they are great at what they do, but many people out there are just as good. Its all about teamwork.

Bad Elementalist

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

no offense to them but thee faux and possum are not that great lol

gerdian

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

You know most of my losing recently is really due to,

Daily X Winner

I’m a champion of all the classes, but when you play Guardian for a long time, and haven’t played Thief or Warrior in a year, you tend to lose a lot of games due to it.

My Anger Rising when I lose due to daily of having to win at something I haven’t played it in a long time or a profession I’m the worst at.

I collect 5 losses by time I actually win a game due to forced to play as a profession I don’t play.

Now I’m not saying I’m a terrible warrior atm, because when I completed the Champion Legionarre I was a really good warrior due to continuous play of warrior, but since I haven’t played warrior in so long all I have to say is,

Hambow is too slow, does no damage, highly suspectible to conditions, isn’t very good and just gets owned.

Right now, what I’m good at is Medi Guard, but there is no daily that encourages you to get better at what you play at.

The most messed up thing is, when I do, do the Win game as X profession, it STILL matches me with really really good players, the game remembers how good I was 1 year ago and assumes I’m STILL that good, until I lose like 5-10 games.

GW2 algorithm needs to INCLUDE, wiping data from a month old.
If you haven’t played a warrior in a month, don’t expect that person to play warrior 100 wins 0 losses like he did a year ago.
The algorithm should expect the person to play warrior very bad, it should put the person play warrior at the bottom of the matchmaking level.
Wipe matchmaking data from a month or later out, data should only be assume someone is good if they’ve played recently, not from a year ago.

Currently on a 6 game loss streak, due to being forced to play as a Warrior.
And this matchmaking registering me as an amazing warrior expecting me to carry everyone and be better than other good players, expecting me to play at the highest levels. I haven’t played a warrior in soo long, yet another flaw in the matchmaking system of Flaw Wars 2.

I mean serious, these guys get paid so much, and yet they mess up a billion times.

Imagine if they was in college,

The developer F’s a paper.
‘Oh you can try again’
F’s it again.
‘Oh we give you a million tries to get it right’
Hundreds of more F’s.

Cant even get it right, people shouldn’t be on massive losing streaks. Especially people that have played the game, I know where to go and all, but when I’m expected to carry my team against very good players, I cant win a dime, especially when they also expect me to carry as a profession I haven’t played on in forever.

I’m on a losing streak right now, 8 games lost because I’m playing a warrior, it’s very frustrating I don’t know how any sane person can go through my losses, ITS NO WONDER WHY PvP population is so bad, because crap matchmaking.

Game STILL doesn’t realize I’m not a really good warrior and still pitting me against good players.

Good ahead and say I suck, but if I’m running a meta build warrior build, and not winning games, what do you think the average joe runs and not win games, how many games do you think the average joe takes before he says enough is enough and QUITS PvP, due to terrible matchmaking where he losses so many games because the system thought he was good.

Takes 8 losses just for the system to finally say, enough is enough and give me a no brainer win.

See how stacked the team I’m on.
I haven’t played warrior in forever, thanks for making me look bad on leaderboards anet. Thanks for thinking I’m an amazing warrior like I was, during the HAMBOW meta, before you nerfed it. I cant be amazing after a nerf.

Just like my sumo engineer, YES anet I was amazing engineer, but you nerfed my build, so stop thinking I’m amazing.

Right now Medi Guardian is still pretty good, so its okay to think I’m an amazing Medi Guardian because I am, but all those builds you NERFED, I’m not good at those professions anymore….

MAYBE if you stopped CHANGING
CHANGING
CHANGING
CHANGING
CHANGING
The traits and balance.
TWO YEARS later, STILL CHANGING kitten….. STILL TERRIBLE SYSTEM.

A veteran playing eating up 8 losses, SERIOUSLY???

Time to relieve some stress, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eyon0gtM5w

Attachments:

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

something like 10 i believe… never play on/after patch day…. dcs, bugs, crashes etc. :/

long time ago i did break space key on my keyboard so since then i am using sturdy mechanical one and if i notice i am getting frustrated i just log off and do something more fun

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Just the other day I had my longest losing streak of all time. Usually I don’t break more than five or six on a bad day, but I think I had counted about 12 losses in a row. I didn’t break anything, because honestly they were all pretty fun matches, but I was pretty discouraged from pvp. I ended taking a few days off from pvp and just doing some WvW roaming lol

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

I’ve not had a rough time until today, unsurprisingly I found out it was thief daily pvp win, explaining the totally inept thieves running about in solo ranked, even more than usual.

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

I wanna say like 13. It was rough. And then there’s the games you play against Caed and Ostrich Eggs and get blown out. Or when it’s 5v4, you’re the 5, and you still lose because no one understands how to rotate. And then I just kinda take a break because holy cow, I shouldn’t be matched against people that have gone to high-end tournaments. I’m a casual.

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Acgsev.6931

Acgsev.6931

Like 9-10 games in soloq. I kittened off to teamq for like a week.

Forget it, Jake. It’s SoloQ.

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

If you guys think the matchmaking is bad right now, I remember when Solo Q first came out and it would create matches so that the very best players in the game would all be grouped vs another group of the second best MMR the system could find. Fun times.

My longest losing streak under that system was something like 21.

Ranger//Necro

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I lost count, but approximately 30 in soloq. I was almost ready to uninstall.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

20. While solo in Unranked. I was so upset that I could cry. Then my friend came online and we were able to pull a couple of win back. I also had three 0-500 in the current queue system. Not gonna complain much, but those opponent teams are really rude.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

I lost count. It must have been over 30. I’m extremely unlucky when it comes to getting AFKers, leavers and saboteurs on my team.

I didn’t win a single match that week. It got frustrating, of course, because that was before the new matchmaking system, so my queues could go up to 30 minutes each. Some people even offered to join my party and do team arena and try to help me get a win, but it didn’t matter; at best, we’d barely manage to capture home before we got three-capped and farmed at spawn.

It got better, but not by much. Even nowadays, getting a full match with no AFKers is extremely rare.

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

Lots of stuff…..

Time to relieve some stress, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eyon0gtM5w

wtf @ that vid o__o

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

Time to relieve some stress, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eyon0gtM5w[/quote]

That video made me…shart

Longest losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think my longest losing streak in Unranked was 7. (This was when I was grinding the Wintersday track something fierce to get the Rime-Rimmed Rebreather.) I played some stacked Hotjoin matches after that just to feel better. :P