Looking for "teammates"

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

I’m looking for a “team” of players to join up with instead of sacrificing my pips to the solo queue. I’m not trying to form a team necessarily I’m just looking for a couple of people that I’m confident in and have respect for to match up with whenever I’m online.

Maybe if 1 or 2 of you are online we can play as a trio, if I get more people than that that’s awesome too.

I’m not claiming to be a legend or anything at pvp, but I’ve been playing since beta weekend 1 and would like to find some of the other longtime players to team up with.

I’m looking for players that have at least 1000 games played and at least 500 wins (being ranked or team wins). I don’t care what division you’re in. Be at least rank 60 in pvp. I’m also looking for players who embrace playing the current meta. I’ve set these requirements out because i meet then and I think the kind of players I’m looking for will easily meet this criteria.

TS is also important, I have one that we can use.

Please respond to this thread or PM me if you’re interested in joining up.
[Edited]

(edited by foogison.5067)

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Hi my name is foogison and I have a burning hatred for the MMR system.

I’m looking for a “team” of players to join up with instead of sacrificing my pips to the solo queue. I’m not trying to form a team necessarily I’m just looking for a couple of people that I’m confident in and have respect for to match up with whenever I’m online.

Maybe if 1 or 2 of you are online we can play as a trio, if I get more people than that that’s awesome too.

The MMR system has really ruined pvp for me almost completely, so myself looking for a small group of other players that maybe feel the same way is kind of like my last attempt to enjoy playing this game before I quit.

I’m not a legend or anything at pvp, but I’ve been playing since beta weekend 1 and it just frustrates the hell out of me when I see two people capping home at the start of a match, or someone on my team being killed by svanir…

I play engineer, guardian, necro, and theif.

I’m looking for players that have at least 10k achievement points and are at least rank 60 in pvp. I don’t care what division you’re in. I’m also looking for players who embrace playing the current meta. I’ve set these requirements out because i meet then and I think the kind of players I’m looking for will easily meet this criteria.

Please respond to this thread or PM me if you’re interested.

Players that did purely pvp don’t necessary have 10k AP and they are probably better than you lol.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Foogison you inspired me to get to 10k achievement points so I can play with pros like you

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Corp Por.1567

Corp Por.1567

How does one get 10K achievement points solely through pvp?

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

I have 9k AP , PLEASE ACCEPT ME, I’m soo close to 10k plz plz plz

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

foogison.5067

I definately did not get it solely through pvp. 3000 of my ap is dailies only. And this is my point here, achievement points are an indication of how long you have played for and how well you understand the game.

I specified achievement points because I’m looking for long time players. I’m sorry if you took that as me being elitist.

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I would be willing to play with you if you were at least top 50 in the old MMR-based leaderboard.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I definately did not get it solely through pvp. 3000 of my ap is dailies only. And this is my point here, achievement points are an indication of how long you have played for and how well you understand the game.

I specified achievement points because I’m looking for long time players. I’m sorry if you took that as me being elitist.

lol I’ve played since beta and I think I’m at 6-8k AP (Its so far from my mind I honestly have no idea, but pretty sure its above 5k and lower than 10k lol) I only bother doing daily half the time.

10k + AP means you are a achievement pve hunting…. person. And only that

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: lead.7543

lead.7543

Hey there Foogison,

I think all understand what you want to achieve. It is a great way to get out of the downward spiral of the MMR system. Someone told me he saw a thief die with the opening strike of Svanir… many stories like that… 2 players camping close or 4 players camping mid. It is hilarious to hear but it is definitely not hilarious to be part of.

The AP cap is a bit too much. I know very competent players at 2k and 3k AP. Such players know the ins and outs of PvP and their specific class or classes and your cap will really alienate those who may sympathise with you and what you are trying to do.

AP is in fact more of a GENERAL PvE idea… like jumping puzzles, Dragons, and diving stuff. AP has no bearing at all regard the players pvp prowess. Of Course 100AP may be an exception but you understand what I mean.

A better requirement should be TS3 and headphones, and/or ability to play 2 or more classes well.

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The only people you’re going to attract with an AP points requirement are pve heroes. I’ve been playing off and on since launch and have 4k ap points but 3,450 games played at 2130 ranked games played.

If you want to attract “long time players” then go with a games played requirement rather than an AP (pve trait) requirement.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

foogison.5067

The only people you’re going to attract with an AP points requirement are pve heroes. I’ve been playing off and on since launch and have 4k ap points but 3,450 games played at 2130 ranked games played.

If you want to attract “long time players” then go with a games played requirement rather than an AP (pve trait) requirement.

I definately cant argue with you there.

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The MMR system has really ruined pvp for me almost completely, so myself looking for a small group of other players that maybe feel the same way is kind of like my last attempt to enjoy playing this game before I quit.

I’m not a legend or anything at pvp, but I’ve been playing since beta weekend 1 and it just frustrates the hell out of me when I see two people capping home at the start of a match, or someone on my team being killed by svanir…

I’m looking for players that have at least 10k achievement points and are at least rank 60 in pvp. I don’t care what division you’re in. I’m also looking for players who embrace playing the current meta. I’ve set these requirements out because i meet then and I think the kind of players I’m looking for will easily meet this criteria.

Players that did purely pvp don’t necessary have 10k AP and they are probably better than you lol.

I have a small guild of PvP focused players, they have played for 3 years and have 6-8k AP…. Although none of them run meta and if they do it’s a coincidence or maybe someone saw them stream.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

foogison.5067

Hey there Foogison,

I think all understand what you want to achieve. It is a great way to get out of the downward spiral of the MMR system. Someone told me he saw a thief die with the opening strike of Svanir… many stories like that… 2 players camping close or 4 players camping mid. It is hilarious to hear but it is definitely not hilarious to be part of.

The AP cap is a bit too much. I know very competent players at 2k and 3k AP. Such players know the ins and outs of PvP and their specific class or classes and your cap will really alienate those who may sympathise with you and what you are trying to do.

AP is in fact more of a GENERAL PvE idea… like jumping puzzles, Dragons, and diving stuff. AP has no bearing at all regard the players pvp prowess. Of Course 100AP may be an exception but you understand what I mean.

A better requirement should be TS3 and headphones, and/or ability to play 2 or more classes well.

Thanks for the constructive feedback, i agree

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Arvin.3124

Arvin.3124

I played since launch (with a long break after HoT released) and pretty much 100% sPvP. I get crap for having low AP quite often from people who think having high AP (mainly gotten through PvE) somehow reflects on your pvp experience. I am a high phoenix, close to dragon with like 1.5k AP since I play Engi only and don’t really care about dailies :P

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Lol “at least rank 60” well….that’s not me.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

foogison.5067

I played since launch (with a long break after HoT released) and pretty much 100% sPvP. I get crap for having low AP quite often from people who think having high AP (mainly gotten through PvE) somehow reflects on your pvp experience. I am a high phoenix, close to dragon with like 1.5k AP since I play Engi only and don’t really care about dailies :P

I’d love to run some matches with you Arvin

Looking for "teammates"

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Foogison, here is MISTCORE.

Take time to see if it’s for you, but we seek the same requirement:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor/MIST-CORE-LFM-CORE-or-Leader-SPVP-players/first#post6014595

In case you got those requirement, I guess we can do some matches on Ts together to see how it goes?

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/