Losing most of the PvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Dzrkin Blenket.3014

Dzrkin Blenket.3014

Hi guys,
it goes like this…most of my pvp games i am in top player list or first in my team.And i lose most of my games…to give you an example games played 80 / 30 wins.
My question is wether that is normal?or i should start searching for a group that i can play pvp with,since i am always going for solo queue?
I find it dificult to control myself not to break my keyboard every time and i am not even a rage person…still it started to kitten me of when i am constantly doing my best but still i lose games and i need more time to get my bonuses and pvp experience…i am pow. ranger with rubicon set and i own the motherkitteners…so what could be my problem?is it me…or the kitten teammates?

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Are you capturing or just killing people for points? What do you think is the reason you keep losing the games? sPvP is not about just killing the enemy team players as you probably know (except in Courtyard, of course).

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Had exactly that issue with someone moaning they were top and yet the team lost- because they were ignoring the fact the other team had 2 or 3 points and were hell bent on killing players.

Try giving a few instructions during the match, some will actually do what you ask if it seems sensible.

Most frustrating is when the match starts and 3 go near and ALL stand on it uncontested while it caps because they want the 10 points/cap for daily/whatever.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Your problem is your concentrating on your personal score, rather than your team winning the game.

Often its better to bunker a point keeping it for the majority of the game than running around killing other players. Boring I know but that’s conquest…

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I mostly solo que as well and ill share what i do. I run to far if im the only one to do so and since i win a majority of of 1 vs 1 i either take the point or they have 2 people come to it to stop me. If someone else runs far i run straight to mid and i hold that.

If your team caps 2 quickly look at your mini map and check to see who are runners(people who dont say between the 2 points to defend)Youll get people who run to the gate/monster/ stillness etc. You need to make sure you either stay on cap point if you dont have great mobility or stay between the 2 to try and hold both.

You will never get the high score this way but you will win more of your matches. You will occasionally get some idiot who blames you for the loss and your low score but this is how i deal with solo ques. My goal in solo ques are 50% win and when i get good team mates its around 70%. Once you adjust your playing stayle let everyone know if there was a difference or if you notcied anything different.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I sometimes heard some hot joiners claiming how good they are because they have top score. I laugh at them every time.

Double/ Triple cap empty nodes, not protecting node and let it easily decaped so they can recap for more points, zerg in 3~4 killing people. All the noob actions you can think of.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

you can get bad match making in streaks. It really does come in streaks. I find the best way is to take a 10 min break and reque so you are not in sync with the bad batch of ppl . I solo Q close to 100% of the time. 50% win rate in the long run is not hard.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Hi guys,
it goes like this…most of my pvp games i am in top player list or first in my team.And i lose most of my games…to give you an example games played 80 / 30 wins.
My question is wether that is normal?or i should start searching for a group that i can play pvp with,since i am always going for solo queue?
I find it dificult to control myself not to break my keyboard every time and i am not even a rage person…still it started to kitten me of when i am constantly doing my best but still i lose games and i need more time to get my bonuses and pvp experience…i am pow. ranger with rubicon set and i own the motherkitteners…so what could be my problem?is it me…or the kitten teammates?

Your score doesn’t matter. Put that out of your head. You are a power ranger. You cannot carry in games. You cannot fight on point much.

It’s you. Not hating on you or ranger. It’s just you have to realize some classes cannot carry and solo queuers need to be carried.

(edited by SobeSoul.6910)

in PvP

Dzrkin Blenket.3014

thank you for your advices… i will try to use them and will let you know about the outcome thanks one more time to all of you

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Hi guys,

you got 6,5,3 right? slot cleansing sigils on S+D and drop the beaserker amulet for a Valk amulet , then swap SOS for LR (vigour) then drop vigour on traited for Anything else, toughness increase , SotW hp regen increase , and evades+troll ugent + Lr(vigour) you can tanky evade on point for a long time and still deal more than enough damage.

hell i’d even go a step further and drop the skirmishing from 5 to 4 and add 4 in wilderness for oak heart , with the valk amulet it heals for a pretty penny that plus Troll ugent and SotW it gives you the ability to obsorb lots of damage, though the build is still Power based and only clears with sigils , its weakness is still condis , but with LR atleast you can de root yourself from burst attacks that are power or Condi burst as its a extra evade much more worth while than SoS.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Hi guys,

Your score doesn’t matter. Put that out of your head. You are a power ranger. You cannot carry in games. You cannot fight on point much.

It’s you. Not hating on you or ranger. It’s just you have to realize some classes cannot carry and solo queuers need to be carried.

Lol this couldn’t be farther from the truth. ANY class can carry a team, you dont have to stand on point to win a teamfight lol. You also dont need to stand on point to make good decisions and rotations. Dont know why anyone would get the idea that some classes cant carry. Its all about player skill, not class.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Hi guys,

Lol this couldn’t be farther from the truth. ANY class can carry a team, you dont have to stand on point to win a teamfight lol. You also dont need to stand on point to make good decisions and rotations. Dont know why anyone would get the idea that some classes cant carry. Its all about player skill, not class.

You are simply wrong.

It’s solo queue. No matter what your rotation and player skills are like you are relying on others to stand on point with dps orientated classes. In addition if you’re team is nothing but dps classes thanks to dailies your chances are reduced if the other team is tankier.

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

The majority of players I meet in arena aren’t there for the match, but for the rewards. You’re going to win a lot more if you play with friends, even if they’re not that great, because they can learn.

Most random people you’ll get on your team will never learn. They’re there to either be carried to victory, or to make sure you’ll lose as quickly as they can sabotage your match.

in PvP

Posted by: santso.9201

santso.9201

Just saying, You should try sb/ axe+offhand of your choise condiranger With rabid or celestial amulet, its far easier to play than powerranger and can stay on node if needed. If you want to “carry” your team.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

you can get bad match making in streaks. It really does come in streaks. I find the best way is to take a 10 min break and reque so you are not in sync with the bad batch of ppl . I solo Q close to 100% of the time. 50% win rate in the long run is not hard.

What this guy said,
I was just on a 13 game win streak solo que, than all sudden I get put with crap teammates (I thought the more I win the better people I play with, apparently not.. If anything it puts me with worse teammates vs harder foes, stupid kitten logic, handicapping me isn’t fun) lose 2 games and win 1 game and lose another than I stopped.

One thing you should do too is make another toon pvp ready. If you play Mesmer I assume you own warriors eles and engies. But thieves, mesmers, necros, guardian, ranger give you an issue. So you need to make a class that counters those, because some games your going to face a team with nothing but people that counter you and if you just play your Mesmer and nothing else, your not going to do that good, especially when your entire team is countered too.

Best bet is to have 2 toons PvP battle tested and ready. Look at the enemy team, if they got 3 of something you switch and counter it.

But yes some games you’ll have just the stupidest teammates. Like for example, I was on temple map, theres 2 enemies at bottom buff, and me and someone else down there too… We are winning the fight and all, get 1 guy downed and finish. So its 2v1 now… But my kittening other teammates decide to come down too, to turn it into a 5v1….. Such a stupid move on them, clearly u see on map just 1 enemy down there, no reason why all of my teammates have to come kitten 1 dude. All in all, we get that bottom buff, they decap us so fast, wasn’t even worth it and we lost because of that.

Than you know those games where you got a thief or somebody that’s fast, well you inform them that a node is open so go decap it… They go fight off point.
Than you got those people that like to range everything, 2v2 fight, I take someone down, I go down, I take the other guy down, my teammate just stands there ranging them down. I die, he gets his kitten wooped after. Gives me some stupid excuse that he’s too squishy or something. Hes a Mesmer, kittening finish and use distorting kittening newb. I told him that and he’s like “don’t tell me how to play my class”… kitten I’m a champ Mesmer, champ everything.

So yeah, I got my 13 win streak from countering other team, but than I lost because you know, just have a full team of people that…. words cant describe. Believe me I been on massive losing streaks too, so I feel your pain.

One other thing, a lot of times this is very hard, but your team will put you into a position that your not suppose to be in, like power ranger trying to bunker a node against a shoutbow warrior. While your team has 2 bunkers or so fighting at mid. This is what is called bad matchup. Which what happens is your 2 bunkers get owned, one of the enemies come to your home and 2v1 ur power ranger and win. However, if one of your kittening bunkers came to help, and u win home, you not only won home but you can advance towards the 1v2 at mid, which your teammate is probably going to die, but now its a 2v2 and you have a safe node.
Point was, sometimes you get caught up doing something your not suppose to be doing, because power ranger isn’t suppose to hold a node against someone like a shoutbow. They need space to move around. I believe this is how one of the best teams lost a game too, it was at temple match, and all sudden they had bad matchups everywhere and they lost from being up like 200 points.

A lot people just have terrible map awareness too, and too stubborn to listen to people with good map awareness.

dude wtf, I gotta wait 3600 seconds to post?
That’s kittening 60 mins.
People enjoy my posts because they the kittening truth, aint no kitten kissing in my posts.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuroko.6239

Kuroko.6239

I think they changed something today with the match making TBH… Because I was winning all of my games and doing so good, all the sudden today… I’m losing ALL my games and not winning a single one. I am a Ranger and I am usually Top score. But I do not run around killing, I run around and follow team mates, support them, capture points. I do not know how I keep losing when I know im doing so well… But I see team mates with such terrible scores compared to the enemey.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Scores dont mean doo doo. Pay less attention to scores and more on the game, where your teammates are where and what classes your enemies have etc.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Kuroko.6239

Kuroko.6239

Scores dont mean doo doo. Pay less attention to scores and more on the game, where your teammates are where and what classes your enemies have etc.

I’ve noticed my enemies are now getting perfect comps like “1 Engineer 1 Mesmer 1 Guardian 1 Warrior 1 Elementalist” while my team gets like 3 hunters and 2 theifs.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s often the guys with the lowest scores that are contributing the most. For example if you and an ally are capping a point… don’t. Leave and let him have the points. If you’re playing selfishly, it’s almost a 4v5 and you’ll lose consistently.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

People enjoy my posts because they the kittening truth, aint no kitten kissing in my posts.

Preach! I agree with you like 50% of the time, but you’re not afraid to express your opinion, I’ll give you that^^.

in PvP

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I am on a huge lose streak on soloq too. I am coming up on 10 losses in a row playing over the last two days. I used to float around 55% win ratio until this crap match making. It seems the systems wants to keep you around a 50% win ratio and expects you to carry your whole team if you are higher. If I get a few points higher, I am matched with really bad people until I drop below 50% to between 48-49. Then I can play with players that don’t double stack home at start, chase people across the map, fight off point, or cap points and leave them to be imminently re-caped by the enemy . Until that is until I get around 51% win ratio. Then the cycle starts again. This isn’t fun.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

in PvP

Sorel.4870

It’s often the guys with the lowest scores that are contributing the most. For example if you and an ally are capping a point… don’t. Leave and let him have the points. If you’re playing selfishly, it’s almost a 4v5 and you’ll lose consistently.

Yes, that’s horrible. Like I’m capping a node and this thief comes and double capping with me. A THIEF! I’m like, don’t you have something better do do? And that kind of people is thereafter convinced they are the best and complain on the forums they get bad team mates. /shrug

in PvP

Sorel.4870

I am on a huge lose streak on soloq too. I am coming up on 10 losses in a row playing over the last two days. I used to float around 55% win ratio until this crap match making. It seems the systems wants to keep you around a 50% win ratio and expects you to carry your whole team if you are higher. If I get a few points higher, I am matched with really bad people until I drop below 50% to between 48-49. Then I can play with players that don’t double stack home at start, chase people across the map, fight off point, or cap points and leave them to be imminently re-caped by the enemy . Until that is until I get around 51% win ratio. Then the cycle starts again. This isn’t fun.

I’m sorry, what did you expect exactly? If you were winning 80% of the time in soloq, then I’d say the match making would be pretty bad. Your MMR gets higher, so you get matched against better players, and can’t be carried by your team anymore, sometimes having to carry it even. So it’s normal that you loose at some point. You can be the best soloq player there is, you still don’t decide who is on your team and who is on theirs. If you think that’s not fun, get a team. You won’t win every time, but at least you’ll know who you fight alongside with.

in PvP

Dzrkin Blenket.3014

i implemented some of the advices in my pvp games…i raised my win ratio…and i like that i find different kind of advices in here…this is how it goes:
*I CAN T STOP KILLING PPL-thats my thing since i am Ranger
*I DO MY BEST FOR TEAM TO WIN-in terms of roaming so i can win points,helping my teammates instead of hunting kills…and doing most of the objectives.
*I LIKE MY SET…EVEN THO PPL SAY I SHOULD CHANGE IT
*IN WVW I DO GREAT…I KILL I KNOW HOW TO POSITION MYSELF SO I DON T DIE AT ALL AND SINCE I AM USING TS3 MY COMMANDER ON ROS IS GIVING GREAT ORDERS…SO I FOLLOW THEM
Bottom line is like this….My team is usualy wining because of me…and when we lose i see that from now on as my fault and i try to improve…that is how i am going to keep it from now on…i can t blame noone else for lose exept myself…

THANK YOU ONE MORE TIME PPPPPLLLLLL

in PvP

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Sadly in solo q this is too often completely wrong. the lowest score guy is that thief that runs in to 3 enemies, dies, and proceeds to respawn and run straight in to the same 3 on mid, all game, whilst ignoring near that needs a recap. Or the power ranger that ignores you asking him to recap near when he respawned (after his 4th or 5th quick death) and instead run in to a fight of basically him against 4 of them…

I have seen a few lowest scores that have contributed a lot- I played mes for a couple matches last night and was continually attracting two or three of their players who seemed intent on trying to kill me no matter what- they managed to kill me a couple times but in the meantime the rest of the teamcapped/held all 3 points. I bottom scored but helped my team wipe them 500 to 225.

Sometimes I wish the /resign worked in solo q as it’s apparent after the first minute that your team totally sucks and you have just wasted 15 minutes of your life.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in PvP

Dzrkin Blenket.3014

ok stop talking about extreme situation that might occur like 1 or 4 games in 40 games…i was talking about general problem that i have…and that was losing 15 games in a row…you know what i mean? not about one or two games with kitten players…

in PvP

Posted by: Nezia.8154

Nezia.8154

Hi guys,

Winning 30 games out of 80 is not normal. Normal is around 50%. As people have said, personal score doesn’t matter. You should focus more on how to make your team win. Forget the scoreboard entirely. Best way to win is knowing your class and knowing how to rotate around the map. Know where and where NOT to go. Always +1 your team in your favor, you see a 2v2 at home, make it a 3v2 in favor of your team. You see a 1v3 at far? Chances are your teammate is gonna die anyway so don’t bother going far, and feeding yourself to them, go somewhere else useful. Since you are a ranger, you should learn to position yourself in teamfights, preferrably on high ground and pewpew away. You are rather squishy as a power ranger and can’t be relied upon to stand on points where it is AoE hell, leave it to the bunkers,(if your team has one). If none, then gg, just kill all the enemies then cap point if your team managed to wipe them. Win almost all your 1v1 . Know who and who NOT to fight. Never 1v1 a bunker if the point is theirs, you might be able to kill him but it would take too much time, time that was ticking in their favor and not yours. Avoid road fights unless you are harassing an enemy heading to a point you own.

That’s pretty much about it. Hope you do better in your future matches! Good luck!

If you close your mind to new information, you are not being a productive member of the society.
You are the useless log of flesh we have to drag behind us as we move forward.

(edited by Nezia.8154)