Losing ranked rating in unranked matches

in PvP

Posted by: Wynn the Woeful.6417

Wynn the Woeful.6417

I was playing on an alt with a buddy of mine, playing unranked and had 3 straight losses. In each of these losses, even though it was unranked, I lost 13 rating per. I was under the impression that only ranked matches affect your ranked rating.

Anyone else lose ranked rating when playing unranked matches?

The Sixth Degree [TSD]
Yak’s Bend and Proud

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

whoa, thats weird, wanna screencap this? maybe he queued up for ranked unknowingly?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

something tells me one of you hit he wrong button when queuing…but who knows, this is the absolute first time I’ve heard of this

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Wynn the Woeful.6417

Wynn the Woeful.6417

I was thinking we may have been playing ranked as well at first, but even gw2efficiency showed them as unranked. The other strange thing, is it showed my skill rating as 1326 but on the leaderboard under friends and guilds, it still had me at 1365 where I began the day at. Didn’t get any screenshots of it, I’ve played a bunch of ranked last night after all of this.

The Sixth Degree [TSD]
Yak’s Bend and Proud

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

I’d never heard of something like this happening either, so I looked up your matches and rating changes to make sure there wasn’t some bug.

I’m not seeing any rating changes during times that correspond with your unranked matches.