Low rank getting matched up with high ranks

in PvP

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

After hearing the news of the new sPvP systems going into place, me and a few friends have been trying out sPvP. We are not what you call “pros” in any sense of the word. Many of us play WvW, but only two of us actually have any bit of sPvP under their belt. Me with 24 and a friend who is a few levels higher. I would say our average rank would be about 15-20…

Even though, we are continually matched with rank 50-80 organized and skilled teams. Obviously we didn’t stand a chance. Right now our group has been at about a >5% win rate. with about 3-10 matches per day.

Please Anet, Revert back to the old system or get this new one fixed, because at current it is impossible to play any sPvP games with my friends without us being heavily outclassed.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

After hearing the news of the new sPvP systems going into place, me and a few friends have been trying out sPvP. We are not what you call “pros” in any sense of the word. Many of us play WvW, but only two of us actually have any bit of sPvP under their belt. Me with 24 and a friend who is a few levels higher. I would say our average rank would be about 15-20…

Even though, we are continually matched with rank 50-80 organized and skilled teams. Obviously we didn’t stand a chance. Right now our group has been at about a >5% win rate. with about 3-10 matches per day.

Please Anet, Revert back to the old system or get this new one fixed, because at current it is impossible to play any sPvP games with my friends without us being heavily outclassed.

The main issue with mmr and tpvp + solo pvp is this.

Player does spvp all day to farm rank points. If he keeps getting facerolled and barely hits 200 points, that lowers his mmr. Then when he plays with his team, the average mmr is actually lower than what it really is. Others could In fact be losing spvp games too, reducing team mmr further.

Secondly, depending on time of day, there simply aren’t enough tpvp players to vs other tpvp players. There’s so many spvp players that after a premade waits 2min+ queu, it starts picking players from the spvp group to make a decent enough mmr team.

Thirdly, a group of 2s and 3s (should) supercede spvp players. Even if these 2s -3s team have low mmr. Then, because it needs a filler you come in because you had mmr that averaged out the team.
Or
You playing with your friends, are the only 2s – 3s team at the time. If so, pray that matchmaking picks high mmr solo players against a premade.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Thanks for the info. It seems the matchmaking system favorites matching teams regardless of skill. This is making us play as a team nearly impossible. Personally I believe any groups of an average rank +-30 should be matched with each other. I don’t mind waiting if we get a fair game most of the time. Especially when we get(or will get when the system is finalized) punished if we want to leave such an one sided match.

Until this is changed our group will unlikely play together again in sPvP.