Lowering MMR by losing on purpose

in PvP

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

If this actually works, then leagues are indeed quite messed up.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

It works yes. Leagues needs a complete rework tho, its so kittened up right now.

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

This should be reportable as exploiting the system or purposefully ruining the experience of others, although the problem is how would you know if somebody is deliberately sabotaging a game.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Posted by: Klangy.8293

Klangy.8293

It’s kinda funny that people put the effort and time to lower there rank and to come to “elo hell”. Just to get higher in divisions. Put that time to play instead and you should climb faster.

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

Why the hell would someone do something like this? Shouldn’t be they playing for the fun in first case? Can’t believe people are that s.tupid

in PvP

Posted by: Dark Dark Binks.8210

Dark Dark Binks.8210

It’s kinda funny that people put the effort and time to lower there rank and to come to “elo hell”. Just to get higher in divisions. Put that time to play instead and you should climb faster.

To climb in divisions, you need win streaks and the game tries to prevent you as much as possible from doing this. Lowering your MMR to get weaker opponents is the easiest way to get win streaks.

in PvP

Posted by: senki.1046

senki.1046

Why the hell would someone do something like this? Shouldn’t be they playing for the fun in first case? Can’t believe people are that s.tupid

For some people the fun part is the division climbing. And the best way to achieve it, is to lower your MMR intentionally. At least with this system.
Yes quite kittened up system from anet. Why can’t they just do it like all other esports games…
They want to be the special snowflake i guess. Stupid anet

in PvP

Posted by: MrTree.4890

MrTree.4890

I realy have the feeling people on the forul never played pvp based games like dota,lol,…
You realy don’t want to end up in elo hell!
It might be faster now but in 2to3 months you’ll regret dropping mmr having to get out of that hell when the dust has settled and matchmaking finaly kinda works guys gonplay lol or somerhing and learn how this works little crybabies

in PvP

Klangy.8293

What this guy before me said. Enjoy elo hell. As climbing in divisions. Only The 2 first then u lose tier aswell. But yea. If u have over 50% winrate u climb. If you dont have, you have to high mmr anyway..

in PvP

senki.1046

I realy have the feeling people on the forul never played pvp based games like dota,lol,…
You realy don’t want to end up in elo hell!
It might be faster now but in 2to3 months you’ll regret dropping mmr having to get out of that hell when the dust has settled and matchmaking finaly kinda works guys gonplay lol or somerhing and learn how this works little crybabies

You don’t get it. It’s not the same system like in lol or Dota. You get rewarded by elo hell.
The PIP gaining system and MMR system are separate

in PvP

Posted by: MFranco.9514

MFranco.9514

MMR works to you get a win rate of 40-60%, by having balanced matches. That is a big problem if you want to go up on leagues… and after 4 division the problem is even bigger. The matchmaking for leagues should be by your position on the league, ofcourse you will get alot of unbalanced matches at the beggining of the season, but after a 1 or 2 weeks good players will be on top divisions and bad players on the first divisions. Anet needs to fix this fast, since the fastest way to climb is losing and put your mmr down and then easy matches.

in PvP

Klangy.8293

They will fix it. And it will get balanced. I just feel sorry for those that lower there mmr now. Haha. You will regret it so much later..dont come here and complain about “only hsve noobs in my team”

in PvP

senki.1046

They will fix it. And it will get balanced. I just feel sorry for those that lower there mmr now. Haha. You will regret it so much later..dont come here and complain about “only hsve noobs in my team”

Yea they will fix it eventually. Maybe in a year or so. You know their fixing and balancing speed

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This seems to be the only way I can advance. The game forces a 50% win rate on me so I can only get so high in the leagues. Thankfully i’m at the point where I can’t lose divisions yet so I get to the highest division, lose 20 matches in a row, then group with 2 guildies who do the same thing and we can advance again finally.

This is just how Anet designed the system. I have to assume it was intended. Everyone wins, the other team gets 20 free wins, letting them advance, then my team gets ~20 easy wins afterwords letting us advance.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Apparently its beginning to happen on a large scale now obviously with players reaching the point on the ladder where they should tank their mmr..

I doubt they will change it mid season.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

And this is why as a pvx player, time is better spent on doing other stuff

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

its working as intended.

plus, if too many people do this, they will run into other smurfs team as well, then it is a test of actual skill then.

in PvP

Klangy.8293

Yea, i will stay where i am. Try not to do premade and just enjoy The ride. As they maybe fix it to next league. And by then, all good have low mmr, (enjoy elo hell) and The rest spread out.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

This is indeed a sad state of that new PvP system. Shame if people are now throwing games on purpose, I was having a lot of fun yesterday progressing through the system.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: jozefka.7256

jozefka.7256

I just wanted to address the issue on the forum and see if devs are gonna comment on it. It’s clearly an exploit of the MMR system (which is ridiculous btw) and something has to be done about it as it’s preventing people from enjoying pvp.

in PvP

saturn.4810

I just wanted to address the issue on the forum and see if devs are gonna comment on it. It’s clearly an exploit of the MMR system (which is ridiculous btw) and something has to be done about it as it’s preventing people from enjoying pvp.

If you want a dev comment, better try your luck on reddit.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

The way I see it is, they now have two systems that are diametrically opposed to each other. MMR reduces the chances of win streaks, while the league requires win streaks to gain tiers and divisions. I’m mythed this wasn’t factored in. So now AFKing during a match will increase to counter the effect of MMR. The concept of MMR is flawed anyway: how do you accurately measure 1 player’s skill level in a PUG of 5. You can’t regardless of number of matches played.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I see a lot of complaining…is there any evidence that this is actually occurring?

in PvP

saturn.4810

I see a lot of complaining…is there any evidence that this is actually occurring?

See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v9jm0/people_are_starting_to_intentionally_throw_games/

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v9jm0/people_are_starting_to_intentionally_throw_games/

Okay…the guy said “mass suicides in Skyhammer”, so unranked…in any case, the question we should all be asking is: does losing 20 games in a row lower your MMR a whole lot when you have 1k-5k games? It needs to be demonstrated that throwing games can actually work to rise through the leagues before we all start calling it “abuse”.

There has not yet been any evidence of this “league manipulation” technique actually working, just oodles of speculation and whining. One person posted it, and now its being repeated as the gospel, despite the huge lack of community understanding on how the MMR works numerically. Where is the data to support the idea?

(edited by Salamander.2504)

in PvP

saturn.4810

The main question would be if it works for the higher divisions. Time will tell.

in PvP

Posted by: Kamsin.8541

Kamsin.8541

Lowering MMR on purpose ? it reminds me "The Losing Edge" from South Park et it’s really difficult !

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, it kinda works.

i took 4 not very skilled pvp players with me, then we played 4 games.

well, we zerged around, as they really need the group fight experience.

our first and second games were kinda hard.
in the group fights, we got wiped very quickly.

in our 3rd and 4th games, the group fights are better, we can kill them.
got a better fighting chance.

i say our MMR is dropping nicely.

in PvP

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Just get a long winstreak and you face people a lot stronger to “force a lose”. Why shouldn’t it work the other way around? Losing 10 games so MMR tries to force a win.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

The pathetic ways players themselves ruin this game over greed. KTraining in wvw, no different mindset from the same type of people turning this game to kitten.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

This should be reportable as exploiting the system or purposefully ruining the experience of others, although the problem is how would you know if somebody is deliberately sabotaging a game.

Premades are ruining my pvp experience I assume we can report them aswell right?

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

btw, only the lesser skilled pvp players in our casual pvp guild agreed to test this together with me.

the other better skilled pvp players said its easier to solo Q and did not want to participate in this lowering MMR thing at all.