MASSIVE lag spikes

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

206.127.146.57:0
Freeze for 3s

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Heero.3149

Heero.3149

206.127.146.57:0
Freeze for 2-3 seconds during Arena

Hiro – Officer of Unity – Aurora Glade Server
http://www.unityguild.net

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

206.127.159.232:0
lags been for like 2 months now, its random but happens every single day.
are you sharing servers with wildstar or something???? on a side note i notice this happens in pve maps also.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Four weeks… It has been four weeks and sPvP could not be worse in regards to how it works. You honestly expect people to fall for the whole eSports BS after this embarrassment?

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Fix this seriously how are we supposed to play
impossible to stomp impossible to play

gg

laggs/crashes/stomp bugs on any map in team q with and without standard models turned on…
do you even test your stuff seriously 5 months for such a tiny patch and now its not even possible to play the game…dota 2 is free to play some things should be considered in guild wars 2 that are already implemented in dota 2 ..

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

The worst part is this is not even incompetence. No one can be that much incompetent. Its clearly disregarded in favor of whatever is cooking in their gem milking factory. I can’t even remember being so kittened off about anything in the game like I am now.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

well, that’s it. noone in our guild is seriously playing any more. thx anet, you just killed my second guild.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Kupson.9624

Kupson.9624

206.127.159.237:0 Lag spikes as hell

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

206.127.159.235:0
in the end 3vs4 huge lag….
ty anet for this amazing matches , it’s so entertaining play this matches, i hope you continue to don’t care about pvp , the important things are gemstore and new player.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

206.127.146.44:0

So much lag. Costs me alot of games.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I need a bit more information to help track this down.

a) Do you live in NA or EU?
b) Are you playing on NA or EU servers?
c) Was your account ORIGINALLY created on NA or EU?
d) Then of course get me the /ip while you’re lagging

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

josh plz , it’s a general problem not na or eu , both , i live in italy and in some team arena i have lag spyke at the same time of english/german/spanish ppl….

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

Lag spike like i never have.

a/ EU
b/EU
c/EU
d/ do no, happens after the patch hit and it last for days…

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Ororo D Munroe.8937

Ororo D Munroe.8937

a) Do you live in NA or EU? Asia
b) Are you playing on NA or EU servers? NA
c) Was your account ORIGINALLY created on NA or EU? NA
d) 64.25.33.74:0

Ororo D Munroe
For Grape Justice
Gate of Madness

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

a) EU
b) EU server (sfr)
c) created on EU
d) have had game freezes in dungeons, pvp & open world, did not check ip but every person in my team/party had the same freeze duration

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

a, b, c) EU

As far as I can tell, everyone else playing was the same.

d) Whole map (couple of players from both teams) freeze up for 2-4 seconds in two consecutive matches in teamq – I didn’t think to /ip for the first one (on Temple) but second (on Foefire) was 206.127.159.224:0

Don’t think I’ll be playing any more ranked PvP today.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

a) Eu
b) Eu
c) Eu

206.127.146.84:0
206.127.159.230:0

(edited by witcher.3197)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Mobstered.4985

Mobstered.4985

As far as I can tell, WvW is getting constant crashes, connection loss right at the end of almost every dungeon I’ve played today and people are “elastic banding” around the place in PvE. It is almost unplayable for me and it’s making it very frustrating.

A) EU
B) EU
C) EU
D) 206.127.159.245:0

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

Unplayable like that.

1 – EU
2 – EU
3 – EU
IP – 206.127.159.215:0

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I thought it was fixed…i swear, after 2 days playing fine i was really like “Oh god they really did something…finally…my faith in anet support is (Partially) restored”

i was wrong….only god knows how much wrong i was…

Lag Wars 2 is back guys…and it’s here to stay

Ark 2nd Account

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

Oh god, what is worrying me is that a dev response only JUST case a day ago, whilst this problem has been going on for well over a month and is totally pandemic.

It boggles my mind that they are not aware of this!

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Since most reports are coming from EU, can you post your ISP as well in case there is a problem on their end. Thanks.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Raphael.9286

Raphael.9286

It’s not a single provider’s fault. The possible reasons are:

1. Server software, i.e. some code that locks up a thread. But this is unlikely if US has no lag spikes, as I’m pretty certain you’re running the same code in both data centers.
2. Server hardware. Too much load on a single machine or faulty network device or whatever.
3. Synchronization issues. If say a map instance server can’t synch data with the char data server in time, it may cause lag. Since I don’t know anything on how the servers are implemented / how many different server processes there are, and if they allow for asynchronous synchronization or not, this is just a guess.
4. Network hardware in the data center. If a switch or router in the data center acts up on occassion, it may cause the lag spikes we see.
5. Network hardware in a network hub the data center is connected to. More or less same as 4.

The reason I rule out a single ISP or group of ISPs is this: If a lag spike happens, it seldomly happens to only one person in the party. And since I’m playing on an English EU server, people are from all over the place. First I suspected some network hub or backbone issues related to some major UK ISP as those party members from the UK seemed to be affected earlier and more often than us other players. But lately, especially in the past two weeks, it more or less affects us all equally. And that would for example include a party made up of five people from the UK, the Netherlands, Singapore, Germany and Bahrein. There is no possible way it could affect all those at the same time if it weren’t tied to a reason in or pretty close to the data center.

Edit: Oh, and yes, on one occassion (different party though, but still people living on different continents) we got all booted out of our fracs instance and lost it this way. So since the instance was gone, I’d make it an even chance that in this case it wasn’t a lag spike that booted us, but the server process crashing instead. Still, the lag spikes have been very common the past few days and almost always affected several people at once from completely different locations.

Edit 2: I just remembered one instance the other day where we got a skill lag for 5 – 10 seconds (no damage numbers, NPCs not moving etc., i.e. no data flow from the map server process), but the guild and party chat went on unhindered. In the pretty likely case you have the chat server process running on different hardware, but in the same data center, that would narrow it down to reasons 1-3 given above, with some weird scenarios I can think of that would even allow for #4. But if that instance of a lag spike was triggered by the same cause that triggered others, it makes #5 extremely unlikely and would completely rule out any issues with a particular ISP.

Edit 3: Disregard the previous edit. Completely forgot that chat is global and thus you probably have the chat server process(es) running in the US. Haven’t bothered with analyzing the network traffic. However, I deliberately kept an eye on this phenomenon, and it is indeed the case that chat works perfectly while the instance server gives a lag spike, as for example just now in a fracs instance.

(edited by Raphael.9286)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Yoda.2839

Yoda.2839

a, b, c) EU

I don’t know if this was reported and not really a pvp issue, but two days we had a 3x time dilation on tequatl kill. Meaning everyone had severe skill lag (skills didn’t sync up at all) and the event took 45 minutes. I don’t have the ip, but 21:45 (maybe 46) CET tequatl kill should stand out in the logs.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

Since most reports are coming from EU, can you post your ISP as well in case there is a problem on their end. Thanks.

Dude seriously? we know you know your servers and it’s a long know fact that GW2 got kitten server, and around patch times the server gets more crowded and the lags worsen. So either just admit already that you got a problem (since about lunch) or don’t respond at all, like always.
You acting surprise about it is just plain insulting.

Dry Leaves

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Candar.8140

Candar.8140

Server: 206.127.159.224:0
Date: 14/09/2014, 08:17 BST

Severe lag problems and disconnected altogether

Regards

Candar

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Rassase.7943

Rassase.7943

what’s with the LAG?? I got it after last patch, mostly in pvp an www, i play on eu servers. It could not be provider problem cause other games don’t lag, it’s clearly some problem with servers.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Fwiw, I’ve not been able to play GW2 (or GW1 for that matter) for months now without using something called WTFast. There always seems to be some problem with a Level3 data center in Frankfurt. It’s there where the ping goes up to 700-900 at least.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

Just had 10 second freezes and 4 out of 5 teammembers disconnect. Didn’t even get to /ip cuz the game was throwing us all out. And no I did not get any rewards. When can we expect a fix?

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

If you want a laggfree experience play a big budget like Allods Online or World of Tanks or w/e. This is a low budget game…you cant expect a smooth experience.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Dude seriously? we know you know your servers and it’s a long know fact that GW2 got kitten server, and around patch times the server gets more crowded and the lags worsen. So either just admit already that you got a problem (since about lunch) or don’t respond at all, like always.
You acting surprise about it is just plain insulting.

It isn’t this at all. The lag started way before the most recent patch. I doubt it has anything to do with how many people are connected.

It is NOT an issue linked to specific ISPs because, like others have said, many times all 10 players will be lagging hard. Often 4 players all rubber band for 10 seconds at the same time. You just have to hope your team doesn’t rubber band during a bad time (i.e. when you need to heal).

In addition, sometimes during games it becomes 2vs3 kitten people all disconnect at the same time. This I guess is when the lag spike gets so bad that you d/c completely.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

206.127.146.61:0
10:45 p.m. CET
SoloQ,EU account, EU server on 3 games DC and could not reconnect to the game. asked team member and they had also disconnects

next lagspikes at 206.127.159.236:0

(edited by Lupanic.6502)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

joonasp.9217

That’s racist. It’s obviously your American company that is to blame for this lag.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Whole map in HoTM experienced those lagspikes tonight, atleast for half hour.
Also lots of dc’s, freezes and delays of 3-10seconds.
Both confirmed by my Guild in HoTM and the people in mapchat complaining about the lag.

EU, btw.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

UPC Austria

15char

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: phoenixXx.9105

phoenixXx.9105

Entire Timerline Falls map had terrible consistent lag yesterday. When I changed map, lag was gone.

EU server, look at my bug report for screenshoot with /ip in chat.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Playing out of New Zealand, South Pacific. U.S server
Generally lag is not an issue. Average ping is 95-120ms
Noticable lag tonight, but not the worst I have ever seen.

Hopes this help to have info from this far away.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Best thing is to disconnect during a game with 3cap on 470 : 265 for my team. no chance to go back into the game after dc. Count as loss I guess

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

If you are experiencing lag and haven’t been disconnected, use /ip to get the server’s address. Then use pathping or tracert with the server’s IP and PM me the results.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc958876.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940128.aspx

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Raphael.9286

Raphael.9286

I’m really curious whether you will get any usable data from traceroutes. I’m not trying to discourage people from doing a traceroute, quite the contrary. I hadn’t bothered with traceroutes so far as the average lag spike is in the vicinity of 5 to 10 secs, which is way shorter than any traceroute can be triggered, let alone completed. Also, unless I’m very much mistaken, the servers themselves do not answer to ICMP packages, so a direct ping at the time of a lag spike isn’t possible either.

I know I have a very good network connection unless I make a dedicated effort to really bottle up my bandwith. For me, the average ping to the last device that will answer to ICMP or UDP packets (which usually is 206.127.157.102) is around 10 ms, which is, I think, as good as it gets. It can get into the 15 ms range at times, but that’s not so common. This is a constant value, i.e. I have these pings to that node not just now but also close to a lag spike event.

So all I’m saying in essence is this: I expect any traceroutes to be much more flavored by the overall network quality of the specific user’s ISP than by whatever is causing those lag spikes for everyone. Therefore treat traceroute data with care.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Apex Predator.3475

Apex Predator.3475

I’ve been getting continuous lag since the day before the feature pack. I hope this can be fixed, it doesn’t look like I have problems with my internet speed because I haven’t experienced this kind of lag in any other game I play.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Lagging massively again (only on gw2). Suddenly comes on out of nowhere.

Other people were lagging/dcing and others not lagging at all

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Clay.7254

Clay.7254

206.127.146.52:0

EU
EU
EU

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

If you have a game server IP while you’re lagging, PM’ing me your tracert is incredibly helpful.

Here is some literature on running a traceroute:
http://hosting.intermedia.net/support/kb/?id=682

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

Two games in a row 2-3 sec skill-delay, 5 sec freezes and now dc. Stop playing now. All is vain, seems like you give a kitten anyway ^^. Btw tryed a little PvE living story too…no lags -.-.
But i´m sure its my “provider” =)

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

If you have a game server IP while you’re lagging, PM’ing me your tracert is incredibly helpful.

Here is some literature on running a traceroute:
http://hosting.intermedia.net/support/kb/?id=682

Yet another disconnect for me (since several weeks i have disconnects each day, and each time, so does a lot of other players on the map / party), and a few seconds later for another player in my group.

1), 2), 3) = always been on EU servers (Fort Ranik).

Tonight we were in Caudecus Manor instance.

We were on (/ip) this server : 206.127.146.62

My disconnect was at 21h39 (french hour).

My traceroute a few minutes after (let’s say 21h42) was :
traceroute to 206.127.146.62 (206.127.146.62), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 openwrt.lan (192.168.8.1) 0.304 ms 0.374 ms 0.374 ms
2 192.168.1.254 (192.168.1.254) 1.461 ms 1.757 ms 1.759 ms
3 * * *
4 trs1rj-ae0.100.numericable.net (80.236.6.194) 13.387 ms 13.403 ms 13.493 ms
5 ip-99.net-80-236-1.static.numericable.fr (80.236.1.99) 25.266 ms 25.287 ms 25.290 ms
6 ip-97.net-80-236-1.static.numericable.fr (80.236.1.97) 56.764 ms 13.374 ms 10.848 ms
7 lag101.350.ncc-cbv.net.bbox.fr (212.194.172.189) 22.810 ms 22.708 ms 22.777 ms
8 * * *
9 be16.cbr01-ntr.net.bbox.fr (212.194.171.82) 31.875 ms 31.833 ms 31.846 ms
10 * * *
11 ae54.edge3.Paris1.Level3.net (212.73.205.5) 29.888 ms 29.803 ms 30.408 ms
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 ae-1-60.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net (4.69.154.10) 36.180 ms ae-3-80.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net (4.69.154.138) 36.336 ms ae-4-90.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net (4.69.154.202) 48.415 ms
17 195.16.161.58 (195.16.161.58) 51.366 ms 51.278 ms *
18 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com (206.127.157.86) 51.470 ms 51.275 ms 51.276 ms
19 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com (206.127.157.102) 60.855 ms 60.949 ms 60.956 ms
20 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com (206.127.157.102) 61.315 ms !X * *

My ISP is numericable (fiber 100mbits).

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

joonasp.9217

Still unplayable lag in EU. 2v4s etc. FIX IT GOD kitten IT

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Bobtheslob.9430

Bobtheslob.9430

I’ve been getting lag spikes for over a month; almost two. It is pretty much everything I do, dungeons, wvw, Spvp, Train bosses, etc. It has been very frustrating and has even gotten me killed dozens of times. I thought it had something to do with my internet but they could never find any problems. Also has anyone else been crashing while either waiting for Tequatl to spawn or during the event? It happens to me very often and since the way the game is set up and just get tossed into overflow and unable to do the event due to the lack of people.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Update on helpful information:
Trying using this command instead of a tracert, and PM me the results:
“pathping -4 -q 100 <ServerIP>”

This is most helpful if you do it DURING the lag spike!

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

the lag spike lasts about 5 seconds, how is that possible?